+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Weekend Projects in General; In order: 1) Building my new PC!!! 2) Treating mold around a couple of window frames then resealing them. 3) ...

Thank Post
    In order:

1) Building my new PC!!!
    2) Treating mold around a couple of window frames then resealing them.
    3) Replacing the hallway carpet with some wooden flooring.

However, I can see that once 1) is completed, 2) and 3) may not get a look-in.

Thank Post
    This weekend I will mostly be:

- Setting up my new 350litre fish tank.
    - Painting the walls of the living room before setting the tank up.
    - Combing the woods/rivers/beaches hereabouts for free dift-wood for said fish tank.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rich_tech View Post
    Waiting for junior to make his entrance here in the next 3/4 weeks, had a mad few weeks of a nesting wife demanding a nursery though ! had to redecorate the entire house and paint it all, which I hated but at the same time I am glad its done now

Can't wait now

Feeling so much better as well now that I gave up World of Warcraft 6 weeks ago and limit my IT time outside of work, getting out and about more too which is better by far now

Tempted to get a rasp pi and play with it, but it would only be thrown to one side when junior arrives
    Are you me???? Seriously change 3/4 weeks to days and I could say the same thing. Only difference is that Iim waiting for the pi to arrive as I want to get it configured before the little one arrives

Thank Post
    New house so Cat5e throughout, full re-decoration etc and finally sort out my media server!

Thank Post
    Soon...

HOUSE
    ====
    Begin spring pond commisioning.
    Fit shelvs for surround speakers after 6 years.

CARS
    ====
    Finish One car project
    Continue other car project
    Strip and dispose of third car project
    Service My Daily
    Fix damaged door on wifes daily

Computer
    ======
    Rip Entire DVD collection with VortexBox

Plants
    ====
    Cultivate Chilli Plants
    Start Tomato Plants

Social
    ====
    See Die Hard 5
    Go To glasgow and Help Bro Move
    Go To Darby Winter beer Festival.
    Go to pub for curry during half term

Rob

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by reggiep View Post
    Do tell us more?
    About the damage?

The catrun is galvanised prefab mesh panelling, 6ft or so high, bolted to my house wall, and the utility, effectively boxing in the old patio (no loss, it's 100% shaded by the house). It's roofed with lightweight plastic bird mesh netting, cable tied to the mesh grid on 2 sides, fixed to hooks in the house wall on the 3rd, and bulldog clipped to the asbestos sheet roof on the 4th.

It acted as a great snow net - but it ended up sagging down to..about 5ftish. I went out and had to duck to get to the rabbit/guinea pig cages. Further investigation now the snow has gone, has revealed some retensioning is needed and that one of the furry reprobates has put a hole in it..heh. Bless 'em.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirbendy View Post
    About the damage?

The catrun is galvanised prefab mesh panelling, 6ft or so high, bolted to my house wall, and the utility, effectively boxing in the old patio (no loss, it's 100% shaded by the house). It's roofed with lightweight plastic bird mesh netting, cable tied to the mesh grid on 2 sides, fixed to hooks in the house wall on the 3rd, and bulldog clipped to the asbestos sheet roof on the 4th.

It acted as a great snow net - but it ended up sagging down to..about 5ftish. I went out and had to duck to get to the rabbit/guinea pig cages. Further investigation now the snow has gone, has revealed some retensioning is needed and that one of the furry reprobates has put a hole in it..heh. Bless 'em.
    I was hoping for more on what a catrun is?! Sounds like a giant maze for cats!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by penfold View Post
    Are you me???? Seriously change 3/4 weeks to days and I could say the same thing. Only difference is that Iim waiting for the pi to arrive as I want to get it configured before the little one arrives
    It's the Pi effect. 3 staff here (including me) pe-ordered Pi's, and all arrived just before our sproglets (well, my 2nd..or was it? How the heck long has the Pi been going? No, wait..it was def. this house, so yes..my 2nd..), so got back burnered..haha! Mind you, it now means I'm allowed to join the "cool parents" table in the canteen, with science and the others to compare parenting notes and Pi implementation..

RaspBMC gets my vote. With plugins. No TV since #1 was born, no license, no desire..catchup TV as and when they allow is the best ever. No ads, no junk, just viewing pleasure. Tempted to get a second R-Pi and make a little basic solid-state "PC" for her to learn on, with a dedicated Linux Distie, a wireless keyboard and mouse, and an old-school TV (more robust than a TFT). Something that'll take the tantrums and abuse, and if it does break, it was cheap.

9. Thanks to Sirbendy from:

penfold (7th February 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    I was hoping for more on what a catrun is?! Sounds like a giant maze for cats!
    Ha, no..just a big-ish enclosure we built on so they can have external access and we don't need to worry about any harm befalling. Mind you, the whole "leg it through the dining room, hit the table, leap through the serving hatch, exit through catflap1 to the utility, exit flap #2 to outside, come hurtling back in the window, rinse and repeat" routine can be a bit of a trial when all 3 decide to play. Kids think it's funny though..which to be fair, it is quite.

11. 2 Thanks to Sirbendy:

Rawns (7th February 2013), reggiep (7th February 2013)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    trying to get AX25 working on a laptop over CB but no look with the software in Linux Ive even connected the machines direct via the audio cables (sound modem im using).
    might put up a dove cot.
    and if i have time esquire about the foundation ham exam.

Thank Post
    I'm in the process of boarding the loft out for storage, should be finished tonight. Fitting plug sockets on Saturday so the house PC/media server and Sky box can live up there. It's been in the spare room for a while connected to various displays around the house with a wireless keyboard/touchpad mouse thing we use to control it. Now it'll be completely out of the way. I haven't checked yet but I'm hoping the bios allows power on via key press or the whole plan's out of the window until I rethink it (long wire on power button maybe?).

Thank Post
    Wedding planning *twitch* when will it end

I did get around to making a useless machine last weekend, still gets turned on every time someone pass's it

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirbendy View Post
    Ha, no..just a big-ish enclosure we built on so they can have external access and we don't need to worry about any harm befalling. Mind you, the whole "leg it through the dining room, hit the table, leap through the serving hatch, exit through catflap1 to the utility, exit flap #2 to outside, come hurtling back in the window, rinse and repeat" routine can be a bit of a trial when all 3 decide to play. Kids think it's funny though..which to be fair, it is quite.
    I'm guessing you have a breed of indoor cat then?

Thank Post
    Nope.. 3 moggies, but it's not uncommon in our area for things to happen to unwary animals, and I'd rather they were secure. Besides, at least 2 of the 3 I reckon are too daft to be cautious.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast