+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, I wish I never said that.... in General; What's the worst thing you've ever said to someone asking for IT Support? Go on, be honest! I once told ...

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 743 Posts
    Blog Entries

I wish I never said that....

What's the worst thing you've ever said to someone asking for IT Support? Go on, be honest!

I once told an end-user on the phone that they were so thick when it came to using a computer that they needed a kick up the ar** - thinking I was talking to their colleague - I didn't know they'd passed the phone over...

8O

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,787 Times in 1,110 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: I wish I never said that....

Telling a member of Senior Manglement at a previous school that it was pointless us spending lots of money on IT when even *he* couldn't work out how to turn his laptop on!

Or perhaps it was getting a call when doing a bit of work on the side (holiday cover over New Year) when all I was asked to do was make sure (remotely) nothing crashed and to respond to a few emails. I get a call on the emergency contact number (redirected to my mobile) telling me there was a terrible problem with emails and that I had to stop them all going out and recall everything for the last 24 hours.

After a 2 minute attempt to say I could not recall stuff and that if I was to stop all email he had better be aware that the stupid idiot that ordered that sort of demand just because he couldn't work out who he sent some personal information to deserved what he got. Perhaps the friend I was covering for should have told me that the only person who used the emergency number was the MD. But he didn't ... still ... could have been worse ... I found the email as it had been blocked by the filters ... I could have just clicked on the 'release' button because I was annoyed ... erm ... well ... it only went to one person ... and apparently the affair had been over for some time ...

Needless to say I have not been asked to cover since.

Thank Post

"Well it was working this morning!"

Said within earshot of the head of VI Form who did NOT take that too kindly. Never mind that I wasnt talking to her or about her laptop.

I was actually responding to a question that someone else asked me about "when was the printer working last?"

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy
    What's the worst thing you've ever said to someone asking for IT Support? Go on, be honest!
    I'm sure I won't be alone in this one...

For gods sake mother, shuttup and listen for two bl**dy seconds will you!
    *cue: dead line and no response for 2 weeks*

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,404 Times in 1,692 Posts

Er.. ranted a bit at a teacher who, I had been told, had gone over my head to the deputy with a problem on her laptop - you know the sort of thing - " how dare you question my professional integrity etc etc"

Turns out that she didnt, of course - it was the deputy who went over my head to try to sort out the problem as the deputy used to do IT and knows it all

Oops!

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 743 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook
    Telling a member of Senior Manglement at a previous school that it was pointless us spending lots of money on IT when even *he* couldn't work out how to turn his laptop on!
    LOL

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information