+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Google Music in General; Anyone tried/using google music? From what I can see, it seems awesome. You can upload up to 20,000 tracks that ...

Thank Post

Google Music

Anyone tried/using google music? From what I can see, it seems awesome. You can upload up to 20,000 tracks that are then accessable anywhere - browser, mobile, tablet etc.

2. Thanks to Rawns from:

mac_shinobi (25th January 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    I've been using it and my colleague has been using it was first released in the states.
    Yes. It's awsome. Just make sure you utilise the schools bandwidth overnight or uploads can take ages!

4. Thanks to CyberNerd from:

Rawns (25th January 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberNerd View Post
    I've been using it and my colleague has been using it was first released in the states.
    Yes. It's awsome. Just make sure you utilise the schools bandwidth overnight or uploads can take ages!
    Yea, uploading is the only problem I can see. My library is up to 7k tracks and don't see them uploading quickly. Plus they are all on my nas at home so will have to upload them from there. Oh well, a couple of hundred at a time I guess.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 852 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Very tempted to look at it given that I finally got my shiny Nexus 4 this week, with all of 16GB internal storage. Particularly as the cloud music services seem somewhat forgiving of, ah, "alternatively sourced" MP3s, which would be handy given that it's always been easier to grab the relevant MP3s from the net than it has been to actually rip the CD.

Google Music is also free, unlike Amazon & Apple's equivalents.

Relevant to this thread: Google Music and Amazon Cloud Player take on iTunes Match. Who wins? | Ars Technica

7. Thanks to sonofsanta from:

mac_shinobi (25th January 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofsanta View Post
    Very tempted to look at it given that I finally got my shiny Nexus 4 this week, with all of 16GB internal storage. Particularly as the cloud music services seem somewhat forgiving of, ah, "alternatively sourced" MP3s, which would be handy given that it's always been easier to grab the relevant MP3s from the net than it has been to actually rip the CD.

Relevant to this thread: Google Music and Amazon Cloud Player take on iTunes Match. Who wins? | Ars Technica
    While I have an iPod, sometimes I'd just like to use my phone.

Got Zombies, Run! over Christmas and it can use your playlists but fitting music onto an already almost full 8Gb card is tricky. This seems a perfect solution.

Thank Post
    Just make sure you have a good data package! I used it on my mobile while walking to work this week (30 min walk) and ive used my data up and doubled it! looked at the usage and 95% was Gmusic.

other than that its fantastic been using it since it can out in UK, If you buy music from Gmusic then you can download it to two locations after that I think, but I dont think there is anything stopping you once its downloaded to copy it to elsewhere.

I love it as it means I can log into any computer and listen to my music without having to carry a mp3 player/external hard drive everywhere.

Thank Post

Re: Google Music

I use it between my phone and Nexus 7

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hardtailstar View Post
    If you buy music from Gmusic then you can download it to two locations after that I think, but I dont think there is anything stopping you once its downloaded to copy it to elsewhere.
    It's not just music you've bought, any music you upload can be downloaded. You get two downloads via the website itself, but you can download any track an infinite number of times if you use the Music Manager program.

I've been using it since it was available in the US, and I have to say it is brilliant. Even when the servers were based in the US I never had any trouble streaming music over wifi or 3G. The only slightly irritating thing is that the app itself is pretty big (20mb+ for me!) and fills up the storage space on my old HTC Desire pretty quickly. If you have a phone which is even a tiny bit newer than mine you won't have any problems, though.

Thank Post
    Supposedly the music matching is live so it should 'upload' tracks a lot quicker. Can't say i've noticed but i've had most of my music uploaded for a while (used a US proxy to get access before they launched it in UK). It did take 5 days non-stop to upload it all though...

Thank Post
    Proxy does not seem configurable and it just sits there telling me I am not connected to the internet GRRRRRR

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,385 Times in 1,765 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmdixon View Post
    Supposedly the music matching is live so it should 'upload' tracks a lot quicker.
    Google also make sure your tracks are nice and clean too.

Google’s Scan and Match Feature Isn't a Fan of Explicit Music

Quote Originally Posted by sonofsanta View Post
    If you buy all of your music through iTunes, you don't have to pay £21.99 per year for iTunes Match (so technically Apple's is free too ).

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread