+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40
General Chat Thread, Dishwasher: Fail. in General; I just got in and whilst making a cuppa, checked the dishwasher. It had been put on last night but ...
  1. #1


    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,463
    Thank Post
    1,462
    Thanked 892 Times in 573 Posts
    Rep Power
    647

    Dishwasher: Fail.

    I just got in and whilst making a cuppa, checked the dishwasher. It had been put on last night but the cups didn't look that clean. Then I noticed the un-desolved tablet in the bottom of the machine. They do tend to do a better job if you take them out of their wrapper.

  2. #2

    witch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    11,521
    Thank Post
    1,532
    Thanked 2,639 Times in 1,827 Posts
    Rep Power
    814
    I've done that! TBF though, some of them have wrappers which disolve!

  3. #3

    Gatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,820
    Thank Post
    883
    Thanked 685 Times in 454 Posts
    Rep Power
    505
    I prefer the good ol' kitchen sink, a basin of hot soapy water and some elbow grease!
    Saves on the 'leccy too!

  4. Thanks to Gatt from:

    featured_spectre (25th January 2013)

  5. #4

    elsiegee40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    10,225
    Thank Post
    1,926
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,775 Posts
    Rep Power
    842
    In school, I definitely prefer the dishwasher. I am NOT washing everyone else's stuff.

    At home I resisted for a long time, but wouldn't be without one now!

    I too have left the wrapper on

  6. #5

    mattx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    9,249
    Thank Post
    1,061
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 626 Posts
    Rep Power
    741
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    I prefer the good ol' kitchen sink, a basin of hot soapy water and some elbow grease!
    Saves on the 'leccy too!
    I have a name for that collection of tools - the Wife.

  7. 6 Thanks to mattx:

    CAM (23rd January 2013), fairm010 (23rd January 2013), featured_spectre (25th January 2013), Gatt (23rd January 2013), hardtailstar (23rd January 2013), mac_shinobi (24th January 2013)

  8. #6

    AMLightfoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hampshire, England
    Posts
    2,253
    Thank Post
    427
    Thanked 671 Times in 417 Posts
    Rep Power
    273
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    I have a name for that collection of tools - the Wife.
    I have a name for that collection of tools too - Simon! I would argue though that you use more Gas and Leccy washing up by hand than you do with a dishwasher - mostly because a dishwasher uses less water and washes more dishes per litre of water used than handwashing. So you are having to heat more water to wash by hand therefore using more gas/leccy. That being said, the quality of the clean is better when done by hand (unless you're my partner), but I guess that is the trade off to the convenience of not having to stand there getting sudsy and soaked...

  9. Thanks to AMLightfoot from:

    mac_shinobi (24th January 2013)

  10. #7

    tech_guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Posts
    8,162
    Thank Post
    1,924
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 748 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    400
    I can beat the dishwasher tablet fail. Try putting a washing machine tablet in by mistake.....! Warning - there's a hell of a lot of bubbles but everything smells nice

  11. 5 Thanks to tech_guy:

    elsiegee40 (23rd January 2013), featured_spectre (25th January 2013), john (24th January 2013), mac_shinobi (24th January 2013), Oaktech (23rd January 2013)

  12. #8

    mattx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    9,249
    Thank Post
    1,061
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 626 Posts
    Rep Power
    741
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    I can beat the dishwasher tablet fail. Try putting a washing machine tablet in by mistake.....! Warning - there's a hell of a lot of bubbles but everything smells nice
    I was thinking of sticking fabric conditioner in ours to see if it makes the plates softer....

  13. 3 Thanks to mattx:

    L3OUGH (23rd January 2013), mac_shinobi (24th January 2013), tech_guy (23rd January 2013)

  14. #9
    bushby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    winchester
    Posts
    544
    Thank Post
    62
    Thanked 62 Times in 54 Posts
    Rep Power
    32
    i like my dishwasher at home but i miss my old work's dish washer it was a industral dishwasher all done in 1 or 2 minuets depending on the setting it was on its name was dishy as he loved the dishes. but when he started to make loud bangs and the control panal shot across washup room we knew he was dieing, i gave him a death to be proud of WASHING UP liq. it ended up in a foam party with buckets of fun.

    then i got a new on i didnt like that one so i left there.
    Last edited by bushby; 23rd January 2013 at 09:55 AM. Reason: un finished

  15. #10
    Sirbendy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,305
    Thank Post
    8
    Thanked 205 Times in 155 Posts
    Rep Power
    111
    If you run out of tablets, a bit of fairy and some baking soda to quell the bubbles works brilliantly.

  16. #11

    Dos_Box's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Preston, Lancashire
    Posts
    9,442
    Thank Post
    701
    Thanked 2,302 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Blog Entries
    23
    Rep Power
    678
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    I have a name for that collection of tools - the Wife.
    No ban. We're going to let her see this.

    *Sits back with popcorn

  17. #12

    witch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    11,521
    Thank Post
    1,532
    Thanked 2,639 Times in 1,827 Posts
    Rep Power
    814
    Quote Originally Posted by AMLightfoot View Post
    I have a name for that collection of tools too - Simon! I would argue though that you use more Gas and Leccy washing up by hand than you do with a dishwasher - mostly because a dishwasher uses less water and washes more dishes per litre of water used than handwashing. So you are having to heat more water to wash by hand therefore using more gas/leccy. That being said, the quality of the clean is better when done by hand (unless you're my partner), but I guess that is the trade off to the convenience of not having to stand there getting sudsy and soaked...
    There are studies that show that you do use less power with a dishwasher. Also, the new ones are pretty good - the quality of the clean in mine is outstanding and would be hard to match doing it by hand.
    As for mattx - I'm sure "the wife" knows exactly how to deal with him. I should imagine that she rules him with a rod of iron and it is only on places like edugeek that he can pretend to be the boss!!

  18. #13

    HarryMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bedford
    Posts
    1,203
    Thank Post
    63
    Thanked 238 Times in 180 Posts
    Rep Power
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    I have a name for that collection of tools - the Wife.
    Me too, so picking up some tablets for the dishwasher on the way home involves me popping in to the chemist.

  19. #14

    twin--turbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Carlisle
    Posts
    2,334
    Thank Post
    1
    Thanked 381 Times in 340 Posts
    Rep Power
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    There are studies that show that you do use less power with a dishwasher. Also, the new ones are pretty good - the quality of the clean in mine is outstanding and would be hard to match doing it by hand.
    As for mattx - I'm sure "the wife" knows exactly how to deal with him. I should imagine that she rules him with a rod of iron and it is only on places like edugeek that he can pretend to be the boss!!

    More efficient and more Hygenic too than hand washing.

    Just think of that sponge in warm water with all the bacteria of the chicken pie..


    Rob

  20. #15

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,176
    Thank Post
    113
    Thanked 104 Times in 79 Posts
    Rep Power
    52
    Surely depends on how many pots you have to put in them ? I never have a full bowl of washing up to do!



SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Failed to copy files from CD
    By Dos_Box in forum Learning Network Manager
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12th April 2007, 11:42 AM
  2. Sims failing to load
    By snakepottery in forum Windows
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 9th January 2006, 12:27 AM
  3. Delayed Write Failed when saving over a network
    By indiegirl in forum Wireless Networks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 4th November 2005, 11:21 AM
  4. failed redundancy - what to do?
    By browolf in forum Hardware
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2nd November 2005, 09:59 AM
  5. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 14th October 2005, 10:28 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •