+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, Dishwasher: Fail. in General; Another vote for Bosch. [ Easy to repair too ] - I've had mine in bits when it would not ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Another vote for Bosch.
    [ Easy to repair too ] - I've had mine in bits when it would not drain the water. After scooping it out I took the filter off etc and it was a bit of broken glass that had stopped the very small nylon wheel [ impellor ] from moving.

Thank Post
    Vote for Bosch as well.

One word of warning with new kitchen appliances, check the dimensions of it before you buy as some of them are now made for deeper worktops so are too deep to fit under a standard worktop, especially integrated appliances. Found that to my cost when our washing machine needed replacing recently

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 742 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Don't buy HotPoint. Useless. Bits fall off. Had to replace the runners twice as they seem to expand.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    Bosch here as long as it actually is a Bosch unit.... Our last 2 Bosch dishwashers were not actually Bosch but another make I've forgotten with a Bosch sticker. The way to find out is google for common parts for it and see what brand they come under, my mums Belling cooker which is her pride and joy, when I looked for a grill element couldn't find it with Belling anywhere and neither could the firm that sold us it, then Google came to help and said its a Creda oven and then Google found me our cooker badged Creda and I found the parts with ease.

Our current DW is Bosch Exxcel and its great and matches the Bosch Clasixx Washing machine

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    Don't buy HotPoint. Useless. Bits fall off. Had to replace the runners twice as they seem to expand.
    Agree 100% Had a Hotpoint Washer / Dryer and a Hotpoint Dishwasher - did not last 2 years. Load of carp.

Thank Post
    Our house had a new kitchen in '97, along with a new bathroom. According to all the house history, anyways..and the PO kept every reciept, heh. All our kitchen appliances are Candy, bar the fridge freezer which is...I forget.

For an older dishwasher, it seems to be doing a good job. Now. Initially it was godawful. A full cleanout, altering the salt rate, refilling the reservoir and setting it on an intense 65 wash with 2 cups of white vinegar bunged in for good measure did wonders. Now part of my monthly maintenance schedule, along with 2 cups of white vinegar and a boil wash, plus a milton tab in the Indesit washer, poor overworked machine that it is. Several nappy washes per week plus the normal washloads mean it's not had an easy 3 years..still going strong though. Not bad for a cheapie..

Can heartily recommend white vinegar for descaling/maintenance etc..we get it cheap in bulk. Also got bulk baking soda for cleaning the cooker etc.

And I've supplemented our basic White Knight dryer with a dehumidifier, which does an EXCELLENT job of drying several washerloads, plus a duvet overnight at a cheaper cost..
    Last edited by Sirbendy; 25th January 2013 at 08:50 AM.

Thank Post
    Had Our indestit appart about 3 times in 5 1/2 years

Twice a small bit of something has blocked the outlet and prevented draining, and just recently the door would not shut and after stripping I found a cotter pin had dropped out of the hings cantaliver. Poped it back in, refitted the spar washer that had fallen off it and all good again.

As technogeeks are we more inclined to investigate when they play up?

Our 10 cooker has had 2 new rings and a door seal replaced and reworked. ( Probably inefficient by todays standard but it works! )

Rob

Thank Post
    Our last 2 Bosch dishwashers were not actually Bosch but another make I've forgotten with a Bosch sticker.
    There should be a law against it. I got my last varifocals from Specsavers. The previous pair had Hoya lenses and were excellent but very expensive. The Specsavers ones had "Pentax" lenses, so I thought that's ok. It was only after I got them and was not happy, that I found out that the lenses are made specially for Specsavers by "Fredinashed" and that Specsavers had purchased the right to the Pentax brand. This smacks of deception to me.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    There should be a law against it. I got my last varifocals from Specsavers. The previous pair had Hoya lenses and were excellent but very expensive. The Specsavers ones had "Pentax" lenses, so I thought that's ok. It was only after I got them and was not happy, that I found out that the lenses are made specially for Specsavers by "Fredinashed" and that Specsavers had purchased the right to the Pentax brand. This smacks of deception to me.
    Hmm, yes pulling the wool over your eyes LOL ....

Rob

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    Arrrrr - glad someone mentioned Specsavers - have to say never been a fan. I get my varifocals [ 500 !! I do clain around 200 back from my insurance ] from a private opticians. Top class service, when I need them adjusting never a charge, he is great with my kids glasses - always repairing them for nothing. Fantasic. Oh and he always buys my honey !!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123