+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
General Chat Thread, Jumpstart a car with a 308 in General; Originally Posted by DT2 My mrs had a 57 plate vectra, and you had to remove the front bumper just ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DT2 View Post
    My mrs had a 57 plate vectra, and you had to remove the front bumper just to change a friggin headlight bulb!?!
    My MK4 Golf GTI was just like that unless you had small hands and double jointed alas I wasn't so it was off with the bumper and I changed all the bulbs at the same time!

That Halfords link about jump starting is interesting, I have a Halfords Car Emergency kit including jump leads and it says red to red black to black yet there website is saying no now.....

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,421 Posts
    I've always used chassis/block for ground when jumping and in the case of this 308 seems to be the sensible solution.

Ben

Thank Post
    Was planning on trying this last night (and grabbing a few pics) but the snow hit again and the car's snowed under again!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bgarston View Post
    ...and the DV6 engine in my 307 was developed by Ford and Peugeot. See: Ford DLD engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    And did you know that in three of the cars this lump is in - the 307, 407 and Focus - all three have different recommended service intervals. The 407 is the one with the longest interval, and that's the one which suffers most from turbo failures due to oil starvation because of a gummed up filter in the turbo oil feed pipe. Co-incidence?

Thank Post
    Driver furious after simple jumpstart wipes out her car's electrics

PEUGEOT refused to cover the cost of the repairs, stating Andrea's car should never have been jumpstarted, despite the manual stating otherwise.

Driver vents fury after simple jumpstart wipes out her car's electrics - Daily Record

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by twin--turbo View Post
    a 208 and a 308 Ferrari , Nice

There must be a negative, hidden under a cover. Alternativly use a good clean metal part of the engine like the mounts.

TT
    It's recommended best practice to connect it to the body or the engine/engine mounts anyway. there will be a negative on there otherwise the battery wouldn't work but its probably hidden by some odd cover.

Also if you've had freezing weather while its been dead, its likely you will have to replace the battery cold weather and dead battery's a bad recipe for requiring a new battery.

also i think i would be thinking of taking Peugeot through a civil Court if it were any more than 600.
    Last edited by januttall; 28th January 2013 at 08:50 AM.

Thank Post
    reminds me of one of the older rover 8xx series...was it the 820se? Can't recall. Get a flat batery, lose ECU parameters. Epic stupid design.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by januttall View Post
    also i think i would be thinking of taking Peugeot through a civil Court if it were any more than 600.
    I'd open a small claims action against them for loss of 600 AND a sum for inconvenience AND costs. Might be different under Scottish law though...

Thank Post
    While there are some questions rising from the story - why couldn't they initially find fault with the car then suddenly say that the ECU is fried? How did the car get from the tyre fitter to Peugeot?

Peugeot shouldn't be responsible for damage caused by another garage though.

But then again, it would be a warranty job so the Peugeot dealer would just claim from Peugeot - there's no incentive to be deceitful - dealers get paid by either the manufacturer or an aftermarket warranty company to do warranty work. It doesn't come out of their own coffers, and keeps their technicians in work.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234