+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Chaning new phone in General; Morning all, I was wondering where we stand on this before I go into the shop. Both my wife and ...

Thank Post

Chaning new phone

Morning all,

I was wondering where we stand on this before I go into the shop. Both my wife and I bought a new phone each in Dec and while I am happy with mine my wife isn't overly happy with hers. Now we went onto contract but she keeps getting mutiple messages sent through and when we went in they swapped the SIM and said that if it still happens then it is probably a faulty phone. Now She got a budget android phone which I don't think is good enough, slow etc and now it seems that it has developed a few other issues when trying to call someone it doesn't do it all the time (requires multiple go's). This may or may not be down to the fact that it has a fault, but I was wondering where we stand on changing the phone for something different?

The phone she had was free on contract and I don't mind paying for a phone, but I don't want to have to up the contract. Can we request a different phone as a replacement or will they only offer us a replacement model or indeed we need to send it to be fixed?

Thank Post
    with most phone contracts there is a 14 day period from the start where you can change the phone normaly for one in the same bracet for the contract.
    for myself im on o2 and i have a htc 8x which was free with my contract £36 a month

3. Thanks to bushby from:

penfold (17th January 2013)

Thank Post
    We are just over a month of the contract and although she had problems from the start I think she thought the problems where because she didn't know how to use it. So what you are saying is that we are stuck with the same phone then?

Thank Post
    If you send the phone back for repair, then after 3 times you are entitled to change it to something of similar value/spec as far as I am aware.

6. Thanks to arwen from:

Thank Post
    best thing to do would be to go to the shop of the courier and discus with them what the issue. they might change it a a good will gesture

8. Thanks to bushby from:

Thank Post
    Since you purchased it in december do they have a extended returns period? Might be an idea to check it.

10. Thanks to north-ict from:

Thank Post
    i think they are obliged to completely fix it, ive had my phoned taken away and repaired and also completely exchanged with O2 no hassle. within 5 days I had a new phone.

Also my mate is having the same double SMS problem with his Galaxy S3, you ever find out what it is?

12. Thanks to BigRed from:

penfold (18th January 2013)

Thank Post
    I think if you go into the shop and play the "I bought a phone, I've got a brick" card and state your issues/displeasure with them, then they will either tell you to suck it up, or deal with the problem. Given how little time you've had with the phone they are likely to try and solve your problem. If only to make you go away quietly!

I had an ear piece and the illumination under the touch buttons go on mine 16 months into an 18 month contract. Rang the contact centre and got told that it was tough i'd have to wait untill my upgrade date as the phone only had a 12 month warranty and was therefore out. I wasn't happy with that, walked into the shop told them the way it was and 3 days later a new, well, refurbished, phone landed on my doorstep, and at the end of the month a credit equivalent to 5 days contract for the time I couldn't use the phone+ the the time they took to send me a new one.
    Last edited by Oaktech; 17th January 2013 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Can't tipe for tish

14. Thanks to Oaktech from:

penfold (18th January 2013)

Thank Post
    Went in yesterday in work and they swapped it for a new one. To be fair they did say they *should* have sent it off to be fixed but as we came in last week with the same problem they just swapped it no fuss.

Thank Post
    glad to hear it got resolved!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by penfold View Post
    Went in yesterday in work and they swapped it for a new one. To be fair they did say they *should* have sent it off to be fixed but as we came in last week with the same problem they just swapped it no fuss.
    Did you ask if it was possible to upgrade?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    Did you ask if it was possible to upgrade?
    Yes, they said it wasn't without paying the rest of the contract off. Not particularly happy about that but not a lot I can do. If it was my phone I may have pushed harder but as it was the wife's she seemed happy enough. I just hope the rapid slow down and unresponsiveness is fixed with a new phone. The main problem is that as it was her first "smartphone" she didn't know what she was doing so it took this long to realise something wasn't right (didn't know if it was user error). They swapped it easily enough, but I would have been happier to upgrade the contract without having to pay this one off...seems a bit strange they don't allow you to do that, but then it's the first time I've been on contract for years.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread