+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Fringe Finale in General; Interesting decision by Sky to show the last 2 episodes of Fringe at the same time as in the US. ...

Thank Post

Fringe Finale

Interesting decision by Sky to show the last 2 episodes of Fringe at the same time as in the US. I have quite enjoyed this series over the years, its come off the rails a bit and has gone really weird lately seemingly forgotten the dual world storylines but its still a decent watch. Every time I watch it though it reminds me of Half Life for some reason, probably the posters on the buildings.

Alot of decent series have finished over the past few years only to be replaced by stuff like Arrow?????

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,695 Times in 2,285 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It should be good,
    Spoilers

the second universe was diverged from when they 'sealed' off the fractures with the machine to prevent Bells agents from jumping back and forward and completing their plan of collapsing both into a new one where Bell could be a god. The observers are from the same universe but further ahead in the timeline.

I kind of like Arrow but it is no substitute for stuff like Fringe.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Yeah brings it to an end early for us in the UK rather than having a couple more weeks to enjoy shame really but I am planning a late one to watch the finale.

Ben

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 728 Posts
    They did the same with LOST roll on Saturday for the last 3 episodes back to back

Thank Post
    I liked Fringe it was a good show, I started watching midway though season 2 so hope sky or another channel start showing it from the start again, else I'll have to buy it on DVD. also liked A Town Called Eureka till the sci-fi channel cancelled it due to it being to expensive to film. i want another Stargate series, I liked Stargate sg-1 and Atlantis. but the Stargate universe only started to get good in season 2 then they cancelled it.
    Last edited by andy_nic; 16th January 2013 at 03:06 PM.

Thank Post
    Enjoyed the last one, I think my brain will eventually realise what the hidden stuff meant ( like the funny symbols at the beginning)

Another one bites the dust, hope a new (good) sci-fi series comes soon to replace it.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,893 Times in 1,407 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I liked the ending. It was fitting. I knew who Donald was because he is referenced by September back in the earlier seasons.

Now to wait for the box set for DVD and get it when it is on sale.

Thank Post
    I ADORE Fringe, although towards the end of the last season I felt it had lost the plot a bit. I'm also a bit disappointed that we didn't get to see more of how they all ended up Ambered in the first place following the invasion we saw in Ep1 of the final season. It was a gut wrenching season though with all the twists and turns and the Windmark character was delightfully hateful. I have discovered a plot hole though.... I will put the below text in white so people that don't want to be spoiled can choose not to highlight.

[SPOILER]

If Walter took the boy observer into the future, thus causing the entire timeline of 'emotionless' observers to never exist, and thus 'September' to never exist, when Walter crossed over to the alternate universe and took Alternate-Peter, then returned to his universe and fell in the lake, September would not have existed to pull him and Peter out in the first place, so they may have died, meaning that Peter and Olivia would never have been together or had 'Etta. So the final scene of the episode could never have occurred. Unless of course someone else pulled them out....

I did love how they used the 'Alternate' Universe in the last episode and the relationships between the characters. The scene where walter is injecting Olivia with Cortexiphan was brutal!!! I had to look away at the end! Ack.

[/SPOILER]

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,259 Times in 790 Posts
    Blog Entries
    unless I'm missing something, it's even worse than that...also in white below

[Spoilers]
    If I remember, Walternate was distracted when he found the cure for Peter, because September appeared in the lab. This caused Walter to want to cross to the alternate universe in the first place, tipping off the entire events of the series.

So that doesn't happen, Peter dies, but Walternate find the cure and cures Peter - Meaning Walter has no reason to cross universes. There's no Fringe events, no ZFT, or anything that leads up to Olivia joining the Fringe team. I suppose you can argue other circumstances could lead that way, but it's pretty weird.

I suppose the question is, does a timeline reset in one universe affect the other? And if not doesn't that make the Lincoln Lee from our universe living in the alternate world a paradox? Also the observers appear able to cross universes at will (as shown when Windmark chases Olivia in the finale), so removing them from one might make very little difference?

[/spoilers]

Thank Post
    Indeed, I had forgotton about the distraction. So there is actually a massive set of plot holes... lol

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,695 Times in 2,285 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Fringe Finale

This is where temperal mechanics are tricky especially with multiple universes which have already proven they are able to house paradoxes and fragment. There aren't definite rules so they don't have to worry too much about breaking them.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,259 Times in 790 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    This is where temperal mechanics are tricky especially with multiple universes which have already proven they are able to house paradoxes and fragment. There aren't definite rules so they don't have to worry too much about breaking them.
    aye, I'm not saying "OMG IT R TEH RUBBISH WORLD BREAKIN!!1eleven!" - just left me puzzled for a moment.

That said, the finale was very good (especially as the rest of the season was disappointing), I just hope there's something as complex and well developed in the future..

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread