+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Progress Files - are they still being used? in General; I know you lot are working in some form of education, and all the jobs that i have applied for ...
    Thank Post

Progress Files - are they still being used?

I know you lot are working in some form of education, and all the jobs that i have applied for and been to have just been asking of a C.V nothing else, and I just came across my old progress file which i had back in comp , 24 atm only found it by chance since i been thinking of scanning all my old school / college books into the computer and make a flipbook with them then taking up physcal space, probably never use them or refer back them o well.

back to main question are schools still giving these to pupils or not ? since not sure if i can chuck it out or i need it.

here a pic i found on the net of what one looks like. - i had to edit it to hide the person behind it

Please note i hope i dont start it off agian by making this post if they have been discontinued lol

Progress Files - are they still being used?-untitled.jpg

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,731 Times in 1,494 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Back in the day i threw mine anyway on the way home. Since then i have never been asked for it.

Thank Post
    you naughty sheep -joke-, i not been asked about it but i wondering if schools are still giving pupils these kind of things, since i find these days all you do for employers or interviews or send off to jobs is ask for a cv, a refrence that about it, the only other thing i see they may ask is a tell me or show me test

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,731 Times in 1,494 Posts
    Blog Entries
    To be honest when your looking for a job i doubt they will be interested what you did at school when you was 16....

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
    To be honest when your looking for a job i doubt they will be interested what you did at school when you was 16....
    Your right enough there, i guess it was ideal only as good as for school leavers for they first job if go straight to work from school or a summer job, and i think i can safely say that a cv now is for us big kids of 18+ , as i tell me people im not 24 years old, im 24 years young

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 922 Posts
    I have my National Record of Achievement which was a previous incarnation it as all my Exam Certificates in it and some other important documents that are useful at interview, fine it still has my personal statement in it as well as reviews from my teachers but its a good useful file and two schools ive been for interview at have commented how nice it is to see someone using said folder...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread