+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, The NEW Weight Loss thread! in General; Originally Posted by twin--turbo Well I am going strong. My calorific intake for the last week including offset with excersise ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,426 Times in 1,776 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twin--turbo View Post
    Well I am going strong.

My calorific intake for the last week including offset with excersise points) has been just under 1000 per day, which should kick start the body into burnign fat.

Need to increase that a bit or the body will start conserving.

Not weighed myself yet, going to give it a couple fo weeks.

Rob
    I watched the Hairy Biker - Hairy Dieters programmes over Christmas. They were on 1250 calories a day and were shedding about 1 stone a month. (Both were extremely obese)

Their recipes (BBC - Food Recipes - Hairy Dieters: How to Love Food and Lose Weight) are filling, nutritious and tasty ... as well as low calorie. I've tried a couple recently. You don't feel like you are cutting back when you eat them

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,639 Times in 1,827 Posts
    Is anyone doing the intermittent fasting? I looked at it but thought not as I couldn't fast on exercise days because I would faint and I wasnt fasting at the weekend! But I have just found out that you could fast say 1pm one day to 1pm the next which makes it much more do-able for me
    I know someone who has lost over a stone doing this and not much else!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,426 Times in 1,776 Posts
    I cannot cope with the drop in blood sugar levels that fasting involves... and I cannot convince myself that doing it is good for you. I'd rather educate my brain to eat sensibly all the time than have a blow out and then not eat.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 1,036 Posts
    No - but for calorie counting and tracking MyFitnesspal is brillaint - I use it with my trainer and Nutrition mate and they can see everything I can eat - its pretty good and has food from most major supermarkets in there.

And as good as that fasting is - TBH I doubt it is doing your body much good. I'm aiming for 2000 calories a day which most days I am not hitting (but am always full) by eating the right foods and decent portion sizes (i bought myself some cups for easy measurement).

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 825 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    Is anyone doing the intermittent fasting? I looked at it but thought not as I couldn't fast on exercise days because I would faint and I wasnt fasting at the weekend! But I have just found out that you could fast say 1pm one day to 1pm the next which makes it much more do-able for me
    I know someone who has lost over a stone doing this and not much else!
    I tried it before Christmas and was doing pretty well. Couldn't get used to feeling hungry on the fast days and probably cheated more than I should have, also stopped biking to work at around the same time so I'm pretty sure I've undone all the good work I put in

On the exercise front, apparently 3min of intense exercise per week is all you need. See my post a couple of pages back with links to interesting BBC articles on both the intermittent fasting diet and 3min of exercise.

Apparently you start the diet fasting every other day but after a while you only really need a max of 2 fast days per week. I should stop being weak and actually start practicing what I'm preaching (again!)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by glennda View Post
    No - but for calorie counting and tracking MyFitnesspal is brillaint - I use it with my trainer and Nutrition mate and they can see everything I can eat - its pretty good and has food from most major supermarkets in there.

And as good as that fasting is - TBH I doubt it is doing your body much good. I'm aiming for 2000 calories a day which most days I am not hitting (but am always full) by eating the right foods and decent portion sizes (i bought myself some cups for easy measurement).
    I am using caloriecount.com, there's also an Android App for it.

at 2000 Calories per day I would be putting on weight.

Fortunatly as I have been monitoring my diet over the last 2 years ( even when not trying to lose weight ) I have a fairly good inbuilt calorie "ready reconer" . And I know what my evening meals consist of for usualy a week in advance.

Rob

Thank Post
    started well last week, cycled to work 4 days out of 5 but the on the day I drove I did go to the gym with a friend that evening.
    food wise im eating more fruit and veg and not eating crap between meals.

this week has been a slow start as ive had to drive to work but some extra work at the weekend will help.

Thank Post
    Last edited by MYK-IT; 15th January 2013 at 02:48 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hardtailstar View Post
    started well last week, cycled to work 4 days out of 5 but the on the day I drove I did go to the gym with a friend that evening.
    food wise im eating more fruit and veg and not eating crap between meals.

this week has been a slow start as ive had to drive to work but some extra work at the weekend will help.
    Don't go mad on fruit, healthy but full of sugar so not necessarily good for weight loss.

Rob

Thank Post
    Well after three trips to the gym last week and 2 games of football, plus reducing intake.....I put on 1.2kg last week!

Wasn't impressed, but I have kept to not drinking (although it was very tempting to hit the wine)....going to do the gym tonight and hopefully get my body kickstarted into doing some weight loss!!

Thank Post
    I have currently lost approx 2 stone. I put 4lbs back on over xmas and lost roughly 6lbs since starting work again.
    Muscle mass has dropped in my legs but improved on my upper body and abs, yes there is muscle where my fat used to be, well still is a bit too

Once again there has been no trick diet and unfortunately due to injury very little exercise until recently.

I eat lunch and dinner every day and have a breakfast weekends, I try not to snack at all, but do treat myself occasionally.
    I still drink alcohol, the odd bottle of beer and a few (lot) vodka and diet mixer on the weekends.
    I eat normally, often have pudding too.

I get exercise two or three times a day, depending on how happy the missus is , and I realise its very crude but its probably the best exercise and fitness regime I have ever had. I've ran, hit the gym played sports but this is the cheapest, most fun and more importantly most injury free.
    Last edited by CHR1S; 15th January 2013 at 03:28 PM.

Thank Post
    I am using caloriecount.com, there's also an Android App for it.

at 2000 Calories per day I would be putting on weight.

Fortunatly as I have been monitoring my diet over the last 2 years ( even when not trying to lose weight ) I have a fairly good inbuilt calorie "ready reconer" . And I know what my evening meals consist of for usualy a week in advance.

Rob
    I barely hit 2000 calories a day normally 1500 ish, I'm doing 1 hours training a day with a PT and last night was doing a DTP session on legs and arms.
    50 reps 90kg leg press then straight into 50 Shoulder press 40 second break
    40 reps 100kg leg press then straight into 40 shoulder press 40 second break
    30 reps 120kg leg press then straight into 30 shoulder press 40 second break
    20 reps 140kg leg press then straight into 20 shoulder press 40 second break
    10 reps 174kg leg press then straight into 10 shoulder press 40 second break
    20 reps 140kg leg press then straight into 20 shoulder press 40 second break
    30 reps 120kg leg press then straight into 30 shoulder press 40 second break
    40 reps 100kg leg press then straight into 40 shoulder press 40 second break
    50 reps 90kg leg press then straight into 50 Shoulder press 40 second break

Thank Post
    Don't go mad on fruit, healthy but full of sugar so not necessarily good for weight loss.

Rob
    I havent, Ive just swapped the lunch bag of crisps for fruit. before that I wouldnt even eat fruit.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CHR1S View Post
    but this is the cheapest, most fun and more importantly most injury free.
    I got injured once.

15. Thanks to hardtailstar from:

CHR1S (15th January 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hardtailstar View Post
    I havent, Ive just swapped the lunch bag of crisps for fruit. before that I wouldnt even eat fruit.
    For really good Nutrition advice follow this guy on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/HarryRansonFitness Or his website Harry Ranson some really good stuff on there!

EDIT: I meant to quote twin turbo!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast