+ Post New Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
General Chat Thread, The NEW Weight Loss thread! in General; Hoping to step up my fitness regime (i use that term loosely, looser than a wizard's sleeve) come next week ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hoping to step up my fitness regime (i use that term loosely, looser than a wizard's sleeve) come next week when i'm no longer at work, plan to go out on the bike a fair bit, maybe even bike to the gym , do gym stuff, then bike back, as gym isn't all too far away.

Got the issue with my shins, that's eased off a lot lately, but i think thats coz i haven't played football / gone out for a run.... the vicious cycle continues. (no pun intended)
    Last edited by Tesla; 15th July 2014 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Genuinely didn't mean the cycle pun...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glennda View Post
    I'm starting to gain weight again now but still shrink which is a good thing. Be consistently going 4/5 mornings a week since christmas now. New PB today with 160KG squat for 10 reps
    That's amazing! I deadlifted 90kg on Saturday... not bad to say I only weigh 60 :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Iain.Faulkner View Post
    I keep forgetting about this thread :-(

Last weeks weigh in I went to a total loss of 61.5lb's :-) (4 Stone 5.5lb's)...hoping to get another 1.5lb's off this week (weigh in tomorrow) to get to 4 1/2 stone :-)
    Keep up the good work. That's so great. Well done.

Thank Post
    Roll call people how's everyone doing ? Still staying strong ?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,957 Times in 1,431 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Started the gym 3 weeks ago today.

Week 1 > Weight loss of 17.6lbs
    Week 2 > Weight gain of 9.6lbs (PT thinks muscle mass in legs, arms and chest has increased significantly as I have lost 3% body fat compared to starting week).
    Week 3 > in progress

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    Started the gym 3 weeks ago today.

Week 1 > Weight loss of 17.6lbs
    Week 2 > Weight gain of 9.6lbs (PT thinks muscle mass in legs, arms and chest has increased significantly as I have lost 3% body fat compared to starting week).
    Week 3 > in progress
    In the nicest possible way and i don't wish to be rude, I dont think that's right. 17.6lbs in a week, that's over 1 kilo per day! General consensus is caloric deficit of 500 calories per day equates to a 1-2 lb per week generally but at a stretch 5 lb wouldn't be un-achievable (give or take depending on how high/low your BMI is to begin with).

Again a 10lb weight gain in a single week would be insane.

I think your first weigh-in must have been waaayyyy off which is causing the skewy results. I think most likely you've lost 8lbs over the two weeks (17.9 - 9.6). I don't wish to disparage as 8lb over 2 weeks is truly fantastic going, it really is so well done buddy
    Last edited by MrMat; 11th August 2014 at 10:08 AM.

Thank Post
    I keep forgetting about this thread :-(

Last weeks weigh in I went to a total loss of 61.5lb's :-) (4 Stone 5.5lb's)...hoping to get another 1.5lb's off this week (weigh in tomorrow) to get to 4 1/2 stone :-)
    Geeez! How tall are you?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMat View Post
    In the nicest possible way and i don't wish to be rude, I dont think that's right. 17.6lbs in a week, that's over 1 kilo per day! General consensus is caloric deficit of 500 calories per day equates to a 1-2 lb per week generally but at a stretch 5 lb wouldn't be un-achievable (give or take depending on how high/low your BMI is to begin with).

Again a 10lb weight gain in a single week would be insane.

I think your first weigh-in must have been waaayyyy off which is causing the skewy results. I think most likely you've lost 8lbs over the two weeks (17.9 - 9.6). I don't wish to disparage as 8lb over 2 weeks is truly fantastic going, it really is so well done buddy
    @MrMat We checked on 2 sets of digital scales at each weigh in and took the average of the 2 (the weights were around 200 grams apart from each other) on the initial weigh in, and again at each concurrent one.

And my starting weight was 26st 9lbs.

My gym routine consists of the following

Monday: Cardio - 20 mins walking at a brisk pace on fat burn setting, 40 minutes/8 kilometres which ever is sooner on the bike, 10 minutes/1.6kilometers rowing whichever is sooner. 5 minutes on the treadmill for warm down
    Tuesday: Rest day
    Wednesday: Weights - Arms, Chest and Abs
    Thursday: Weights - Legs, Abs, Back
    Friday: Cardio - 20 mins walking at a brisk pace on fat burn setting, 40 minutes/8 kilometres which ever is sooner on the bike, 10 minutes/1.6kilometers rowing whichever is sooner. 5 minutes on the treadmill for warm down
    Saturday & Sunday: Rest Day
    Last edited by nephilim; 11th August 2014 at 10:17 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    @MrMat We checked on 2 sets of digital scales at each weigh in and took the average of the 2 (the weights were around 200 grams apart from each other) on the initial weigh in, and again at each concurrent one.

And my starting weight was 26st 9lbs.

My gym routine consists of the following

Monday: Cardio - 20 mins walking at a brisk pace on fat burn setting, 40 minutes/8 kilometres which ever is sooner on the bike, 10 minutes/1.6kilometers rowing whichever is sooner. 5 minutes on the treadmill for warm down
    Tuesday: Rest day
    Wednesday: Weights - Arms, Chest and Abs
    Thursday: Weights - Legs, Abs, Back
    Friday: Cardio - 20 mins walking at a brisk pace on fat burn setting, 40 minutes/8 kilometres which ever is sooner on the bike, 10 minutes/1.6kilometers rowing whichever is sooner. 5 minutes on the treadmill for warm down
    Saturday & Sunday: Rest Day
    Hmm still seems rather high to me personally. As I said even a gain of 10lbs in a week is insane, especially following a week of over a stone weight loss. It doesnt really add up BUT who am I to argue

Either way, awesome work dude.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SiliconAlley_Sam View Post
    Geeez! How tall are you?
    I'm more or less 6' 2"....I had a starting weight of 20 Stone 1lb....still a fair way to go yet.

My weight has more or less stabilised at the moment....struggling to make it my main focus at the moment, but want to get back on it in September when we get back into a more normal routine. Until then, I'll try my best, and hopefully lose a bit more, but the main aim for the next few weeks is to maintain what I achieved until this point.

Thank Post
    I'm more or less 6' 2"....I had a starting weight of 20 Stone 1lb....still a fair way to go yet.

My weight has more or less stabilised at the moment....struggling to make it my main focus at the moment, but want to get back on it in September when we get back into a more normal routine. Until then, I'll try my best, and hopefully lose a bit more, but the main aim for the next few weeks is to maintain what I achieved until this point.
    Oh god, I've just realised that you meant an overall loss of 4 1/2 stone as opposed to that being your current weight! I was envisaging a Flat Stanley-eqsue character and was getting ready to organise an intervention.

That's an amazing loss so far, well done!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Todays exercise:
    30 mins on the bike covering 8.51miles
    5 mins on cross trainer covering 0.45 miles
    15 mins on treadmill covering 1.3 miles
    15 mins walking from gym to work covering 1.04 miles

Total calories burned: 1633 (factoring in weight, height, etc)

*edit*

I am logging everything, food intake, drink intake, exercise etc, all through myfitnesspal.com and it is keeping a good track.
    Last edited by nephilim; 20th August 2014 at 08:13 AM.

Thank Post
    Been solidly bulking since early spring, definitely time for a cut I decided! Got up to 95kg just before August, bench was 110kg for sets. No squats or DLs currently as my hip's hosed, and even running too much on it is testing it, so save that for Muay Thai and crosstrainer does most cardio.

Current weight 90.4kg (last night.) Got a BMR of 2000 cals, so pretty much eating that. Routine is weights (about 40min to 1hr) and cardio:

Monday - International chest day. Cardio (400 cals)
    Tuesday - Shoulders day. Cardio (400 cals)
    Wednesday - Back (bleh) day. Cardio (400 cals)
    Thursday - Arms day. Cardio (400 cals)
    Friday - 2hrs Muay Thai (1billion cals)

Rest weekends, one cheat mean Saturday.

Das it mayne

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscbrah View Post
    Been solidly bulking since early spring, definitely time for a cut I decided! Got up to 95kg just before August, bench was 110kg for sets. No squats or DLs currently as my hip's hosed, and even running too much on it is testing it, so save that for Muay Thai and crosstrainer does most cardio.

Current weight 90.4kg (last night.) Got a BMR of 2000 cals, so pretty much eating that. Routine is weights (about 40min to 1hr) and cardio:

Monday - International chest day. Cardio (400 cals)
    Tuesday - Shoulders day. Cardio (400 cals)
    Wednesday - Back (bleh) day. Cardio (400 cals)
    Thursday - Arms day. Cardio (400 cals)
    Friday - 2hrs Muay Thai (1billion cals)

Rest weekends, one cheat mean Saturday.

Das it mayne
    Niiiiice! Although I don't see a leg day...Edugeeks don't let fellow Edugeeks skip leg day!

I'm in a bulking phase too and as of yesterday I'm weighing 15 stone 2 lbs (96.5kg) at 5ft 10. Will keep going for another month or two then do a bit of recomp to get the BF down and then bulk again!

My routine is pretty similar:

Monday - Chest
    Tuesday - Back
    Wednesday - Shoulders
    Thursday - Arms
    Friday - Rest (Unless i decide to go gym anyway)
    Saturday - Whatever I fancy, sometimes rest or if something isn't tender I'll hit that again
    Sunday - legs

Currently eating 3000-3500 cals per day split over 4-5 meals.

I'm getting there, slowly but surely...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    When I do weights, I do a full body workout...chest, arms, back, shoulders, legs, abs then have a rest day the day after

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMat View Post
    Niiiiice! Although I don't see a leg day...Edugeeks don't let fellow Edugeeks skip leg day!
    Never skip leg day

The NEW Weight Loss thread!-adnxbnn_700b.jpg

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread