+ Post New Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 197
General Chat Thread, The NEW Weight Loss thread! in General; i fell out of love with keeping fit, went up to 14st 7lbs, then when I couldnt fit in my ...
  1. #166
    hardtailstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,785
    Thank Post
    541
    Thanked 237 Times in 208 Posts
    Rep Power
    58
    i fell out of love with keeping fit, went up to 14st 7lbs, then when I couldnt fit in my work clothes much longer I decided to beat myself up and get fit again,

    In about three weeks i have gone from 14st 7lbs to 13st 13lbs, i have cut out all take aways, joined the gym and go three times a week and swim once a week.

    this time round I am having much more success and fun.

  2. #167
    SiliconAlley_Sam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    475
    Thank Post
    163
    Thanked 99 Times in 76 Posts
    Rep Power
    49
    Can't stop eating today. Finding it very hard to get back on the wagon after my holiday!

  3. #168
    north-ict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    716
    Thank Post
    207
    Thanked 145 Times in 110 Posts
    Rep Power
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_SiliconAlley View Post
    Can't stop eating today. Finding it very hard to get back on the wagon after my holiday!
    Change your work/home wallpaper to a motivational wallpaper so you get reminded now and again might help

  4. Thanks to north-ict from:

    SiliconAlley_Sam (9th May 2014)

  5. #169
    Sam_Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    536
    Thank Post
    89
    Thanked 30 Times in 28 Posts
    Rep Power
    16
    Just did my first run in about 8 months today. Just under 5k and took 32 minutes. Got talked into 10k for Thursday hence me getting back out there. No idea if I'm gonna be able to get back to that level so quickly but last year I went from 5k to 10k in about 5 runs so here's hoping.

  6. #170

    jinnantonnixx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    In the Calamatorium.
    Posts
    1,958
    Thank Post
    109
    Thanked 482 Times in 331 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    281
    I was listening to a random podcast about health and I remembered they mention the 'Dash Diet' as best overall on a variety of factors.
    Best Diets for Healthy Eating | Data | US News Best Diets

    I had a look and it seems pretty good. It's primarily concerned with improving cardio health, but apparently it's effective with weigh loss too. Anyway, here it is.
    http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/publ...h/new_dash.pdf
    Last edited by jinnantonnixx; 19th May 2014 at 12:24 PM.

  7. #171
    Tesla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    754
    Thank Post
    100
    Thanked 133 Times in 104 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    38
    i deffo need to lose weight...just need to find the balance between exercise and not damaging my shins :/

  8. #172
    Sam_Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    536
    Thank Post
    89
    Thanked 30 Times in 28 Posts
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    i deffo need to lose weight...just need to find the balance between exercise and not damaging my shins :/
    I'm going to add chaffing to the list of things to be wary of lol.

  9. #173
    Tesla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    754
    Thank Post
    100
    Thanked 133 Times in 104 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Brown View Post
    Just did my first run in about 8 months today. Just under 5k and took 32 minutes. Got talked into 10k for Thursday hence me getting back out there. No idea if I'm gonna be able to get back to that level so quickly but last year I went from 5k to 10k in about 5 runs so here's hoping.
    Have you done any ParkRuns? I'm assuming theres one in N'hampton...

  10. #174
    Griff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    514
    Thank Post
    199
    Thanked 95 Times in 77 Posts
    Rep Power
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    i deffo need to lose weight...just need to find the balance between exercise and not damaging my shins :/
    Swimming and biking mate that will protect the shins. I don't do running due to shin problems all about the road bike..

  11. #175
    Tesla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    754
    Thank Post
    100
    Thanked 133 Times in 104 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Swimming and biking mate that will protect the shins. I don't do running due to shin problems all about the road bike..
    I'm currently using my old man's old bike... which is a bit too big for me , hes 6 foot 1 im 5 foot 8.... currently no money to purchase my own bike.... might use the 6 weeks off work in the summer to my advantage, thinking of joining a local gym club for 20 a month that includes use of the swimming pool...

  12. #176
    Sam_Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    536
    Thank Post
    89
    Thanked 30 Times in 28 Posts
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    Have you done any ParkRuns? I'm assuming theres one in N'hampton...
    Yeah I've did about a dozen back in 2012 but it's been a while. I always fancied doing the MK one as the route looked a lot nicer. Should probably get back into it again as running by myself is nice but it's slightly more competitive with the Park Run. Even if it's just a case of making sure you can keep up with the nice brunette with the nice behind

  13. #177
    Tesla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    754
    Thank Post
    100
    Thanked 133 Times in 104 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Brown View Post
    Yeah I've did about a dozen back in 2012 but it's been a while. I always fancied doing the MK one as the route looked a lot nicer. Should probably get back into it again as running by myself is nice but it's slightly more competitive with the Park Run. Even if it's just a case of making sure you can keep up with the nice brunette with the nice behind
    cheeky...

    MK one is nice (but it's the only one i've done...), basically just around willen lake, there is a killer bit about 2km in though....

  14. #178
    Griff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Bedfordshire
    Posts
    514
    Thank Post
    199
    Thanked 95 Times in 77 Posts
    Rep Power
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    I'm currently using my old man's old bike... which is a bit too big for me , hes 6 foot 1 im 5 foot 8.... currently no money to purchase my own bike.... might use the 6 weeks off work in the summer to my advantage, thinking of joining a local gym club for 20 a month that includes use of the swimming pool...
    20 !!!! thats cheap as chips man..blimey looking at 30+ here (Leighton Buzzard) for the gym with a swimming pool anyway...and its full of kids from upper school.

  15. #179
    Tesla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Milton Keynes
    Posts
    754
    Thank Post
    100
    Thanked 133 Times in 104 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    20 !!!! thats cheap as chips man..blimey looking at 30+ here (Leighton Buzzard) for the gym with a swimming pool anyway...and its full of kids from upper school.
    ;

    It's gone down in price, that place used to be 32 a few years ago, it's dropped because the likes of KissGyms and PureGyms have opened (24 hour monitored gyms) and they are about 16 a month. they are only gyms though, no pools etc...

    this other gym also includes free badminton bookings.... i enjoy badminton, but again, shins.

  16. #180
    Sam_Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    536
    Thank Post
    89
    Thanked 30 Times in 28 Posts
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesla View Post
    cheeky...

    MK one is nice (but it's the only one i've done...), basically just around willen lake, there is a killer bit about 2km in though....
    What's the killer bit? I'm guessing a big hill?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. The Post Your Desktop Thread
    By mrforgetful in forum General Chat
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 2nd July 2007, 10:25 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12th June 2007, 06:43 PM
  3. Windows Deployment Services - the new RIS
    By steve in forum Windows
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 14th October 2006, 05:09 PM
  4. General advice for the new guy
    By Blind in forum Windows
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 1st August 2006, 05:56 PM
  5. Help me find something on the new BECTA site
    By Dos_Box in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30th May 2006, 10:43 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •