+ Post New Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, The NEW Weight Loss thread! in General; Originally Posted by CAM I've just started. First measurement 14.02st and the following week 14.02st. I seem to be stable ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,639 Times in 1,827 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    I've just started. First measurement 14.02st and the following week 14.02st. I seem to be stable though still too heavy for 5'11"

Used MyFitnessPal briefly but no luck as the Windows Phone port is horrid. Was an eye opener though for the few days it worked. Need ideas for extra exercise though, about all I can do is walking.
    Walking is fine - keep it brisk - do a warmup, 2 mins medium, 2 mins as brisk as you can, then repeat. Swing your arms. Walk a long way. Done

Thank Post
    WeightWatchers weigh in last night.....a further 2lb's off :-) Total loss of 38lb's :-)

Calculated my BMI earlier as well, and I'm pretty certain I'm the lowest BMI that I've ever been in my adult life (since I turned 18).

Thank Post
    Just checked at the pharmacy my body fat percentage for a rough idea (I don't fully think its accurate but probably see it as a guide) comparing it to six months ago lost 7% body fat .

Been going gym regularly one thing I need to look into is to work on my stamina. I think I fatigue quick. Hope everyone else is getting on with it!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,054 Times in 1,491 Posts
    Blog Entries
    ok, well not sure on how much weight is lost (it depresses me looking at the scales to be honest), so instead I measure my self in inches etc.

to give you an example, where I am now, when I started I was a 52inch waist (yes, 52!!), I am now a 48.5inch waist, I need a new belt, and new trousers as these ones keep dropping off me. It may not seem like much to some of you, but to me its a big goal!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    ok, well not sure on how much weight is lost (it depresses me looking at the scales to be honest), so instead I measure my self in inches etc.

to give you an example, where I am now, when I started I was a 52inch waist (yes, 52!!), I am now a 48.5inch waist, I need a new belt, and new trousers as these ones keep dropping off me. It may not seem like much to some of you, but to me its a big goal!
    That's great work @nephilim :-) Well done :-)

I'm now down to a 38 inch trouser from being 46 just before christmas....it's cost me a fortune in new clothes!!

Thank Post
    Only just spotted this conversation... I need to get involved too... I had a personal trainer at the gym for 18 months, until she left, and that was a huge help... but been slipping since... I really need to get back at it properly, and get my diet sorted... easier said than done though :-(

Thank Post
    Great reading through this thread I was always around 12 stone then went up to 17 stone around 9 months ago. With my former job been a gym instructor / lifeguard I wasnt best pleased with the weight gain, nore buying new clothes to get into. So after 7 months of smashing the gym and eating heathily im back to 13 stone. There is not a better feeling than that of been happy in your own skin,

keep up the good work everyone!

P.S I wouldnt recommend a 4 stone weight loss for most people in 7 months.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RichB View Post
    Great reading through this thread I was always around 12 stone then went up to 17 stone around 9 months ago. With my former job been a gym instructor / lifeguard I wasnt best pleased with the weight gain, nore buying new clothes to get into. So after 7 months of smashing the gym and eating heathily im back to 13 stone. There is not a better feeling than that of been happy in your own skin,

keep up the good work everyone!

P.S I wouldnt recommend a 4 stone weight loss for most people in 7 months.
    Good work mate! 4 stone in 7 months is pretty good going. 2lb a week?

Well done to everyone else whose making good progress! Woo.

After spending the past few years on a constant 'bulk' to get into shape, I'm finally cutting back! I managed to gain a reasonable amount of size/muscle etc during that time but also a sizeable amount of fat to go with it. At my peak I was 16stone 3lbs and probably around 25% bf, as of today I'm weighing in at 15stone 5lbs and feeling much leaner, probably about 20% bf! Woo. Trying to keep it consistent and aiming for 1lb a week

Thank Post
    Someone messaged me with this workout last week made me laugh. Batman Workout

Then it showed other types too there. Visual Workouts by Neila Rey

Keep it up guys I am still going to the gym and sticking to it!

10. Thanks to north-ict from:

penfold (8th May 2014)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,054 Times in 1,491 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I use those. I have printed each one out onto an A4 page, and do 1 a day. There are about 105 or so all told (unless he added more) so its basically 3.5 months of workouts before I repeat one!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,639 Times in 1,827 Posts
    After my foot op on Jan 28th I am finally on my feet again - but with a pathetically reduced calf muscle, a stiff ankle and an achilles that is even tighter than normal.
    I need to get back to full fitness ASAP but can do nothing that is high impact or involves jumping.
    I have been doing a self-devised 25 minute workout three times a week to keep the tone, and it seems to have worked, and now I am going to add some squats and lunges that I have been unable to do up until now.
    I don't weigh myself ever but from my clothes and the way I look I can see that my enforced inactivity for two months has not resulted in putting any weight on, thank goodness. But now I am back to normal this might well be the hardest bit!

Thank Post
    How is everyone progressing? some really positive posts here enjoyed reading them. I have dropped 3 stone since Christmas, chucked out 2 belts, trousers I purchased 3 years ago fit comfortably. I had quite a slow start but suddenly it's just starting dropping off, admittedly I am riding about 100 miles a week average apart from rest weeks I have every 3 weeks where I drop to 30 miles for that week. This also includes 1 weights work out a week and football once a week. In terms of eating I have calorie counted in my head (not massively strict) and just eaten wisely substituted certain foods, I haven't eaten bread or drank alcohol since January either which helps.

Keep pushing everyone.

14. Thanks to Griff from:

witch (7th May 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    I haven't eaten bread or drank alcohol since January either which helps.
    Woah! Impressive. I think I may have eaten all the bread you cut out -.-

I was a stone down since Feb but then I feel off the bandwagon at Easter when little chocolate bunnies invaded my house!

I am on day 10 of Insanity today and am finding it beyond ridiculous yet, some twisted part of me is actually enjoying it! The only thing is once I got myself back on track I got into a routine of going to the gym at 6am. Now that I have switched to Insanity I tried to stick to the same time but, me thundering around on the laminate is pretty loud at that time of the morning so I have had to change my routine and wait until after work to stay on my neighbours good side. It is much easier for me to find the motivation to go to the gym first thing before I am really aware of what I am doing, than to go home after a day of work and motivate myself to workout! I just spend the whole day making excuses! So far I haven't missed a day but I have had to have a serious chat with myself a few times already and its only day 10 of 60 :S

Thank Post
    Weigh in last night at WeightWatchers....another 1.5lb off this last week, taking me to a total of 51lb's weight loss since November 6th last year :-) Started at 20 Stone 1lb (although I have been 21 Stone 10lb's as recently as December 2008)...now down to 16 Stone 6lb's :-)

Lighter than I have ever been in my adult life, and my BMI is now under 30 so I am no longer obese :-)

Thank Post
    Lost about a stone since Christmas (I was only 10st. 5lbs to begin with) but just got back from holiday and self-control is lacking after 5 days of pancakes, pastries and huge meals. My jeans are a lot tighter than I left and read and sugar cravings are back with a nasty vengeance!

Awesome thread by the way! You're all doing so well.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast