+ Post New Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, The NEW Weight Loss thread! in General; Well done @ CHR1S awesome stuff....
    Thank Post
    Well done @CHR1S awesome stuff.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Well done @CHR1S awesome stuff.
    I have gained a few lbs since, as the OH appetite changes daily with the twins I seem to be finishing off her meals. (I hate waste)
    Eating for 3 myself haha

Thank Post
    I have been using myfitnesspal for about a year now stopped using it before summer because I feel I have managed to self count calories. The strange thing for me at moment is I have gone down 2 belt buckle sizes but my weight has actually gone up slightly...I have been doing a lot of cycling and recently started ice skating just wonder if its going onto my legs as muscle need to start measuring myself I think.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 1,036 Posts
    I'm around a stone down again now - Around 15stone but my body fat % has dropped a fair chunk (around around 20%), but I'm mainly doing Weights now with cardio coming in 1 session on the bike and a rugby match at the weekend (or a 4/5K run). I've made some considerable strength gains in the last 8 weeks i've been seriously gyming every monday-friday 6:20am for 1 hour. Managed to go from 100kg squat to 150kg (mainly through strengthing back rather than legs to cope - leg press i can do 190kg for 10 fairly easily). Bench press I can now do 90kg for couple but 80kg for 8. Flat Dumbell press I can do the 32kgs easily for 8 and same for incline.

I've had to get my back/neck sorted at chiropractor though and that makes a huge difference so off the squats currently but enjoying the gym now which is what went out orginally.

I still hate running and am tempted to sign up for a small triathlon soon which is 12 x 32m pool lengths 25k cycle and 5k bike.

Thank Post
    My housemate bought this Buy Salter Health Indicator Body Analyser at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Bathroom scales, Body fat monitors and scales. as we are both very active and seems decent to measure your body fat, muscle mass, water etc. I'm 13.4 stone and 6"1... I want to stay the same weight but get my body fat down a few % and muscle mass up a few %! My body weight can change by half a stone a day too!
    *edit* it also tells you what your daily calorie allowence should be to maintain your current weight... think mine was 1900
    Last edited by visioN; 24th February 2014 at 11:19 AM.

6. Thanks to visioN from:

Griff (24th February 2014)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by visioN View Post
    My housemate bought this Buy Salter Health Indicator Body Analyser at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Bathroom scales, Body fat monitors and scales. as we are both very active and seems decent to measure your body fat, muscle mass, water etc. I'm 13"4 and 6"1... I want to stay the same weight but get my body fat down a few % and muscle mass up a few %! My body weight can change by half a stone a day too!
    *edit* it also tells you what your daily calorie allowence should be to maintain your current weight... think mine was 1900
    I'm 5ft 8" but still aiming to get my body fat down as it just seems to sit around my waist which I want to get rid of.

Having to work on my Core strength now as that is lacking and causing issues with my back (of which rugby isn't helping!)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,757 Posts
    As some of you know, I am currently sat on the sofa, and have been for the last 4 weeks - 2 more to go, as I have had a foot op which means that I cannot even touch my foot to the floor for this time.
    Even after that I will be in a boot for 6 weeks so it is going to be about 4 months before I can go back to exercise.I have been fighting hard not to eat more rubbish because I am doing nothing, and I have been OK up until now but I am beginning to slip. I am desperate not to put on any weight whilst I am off!

Thank Post
    I have been using myfitnesspal for about a year now stopped using it before summer because I feel I have managed to self count calories. The strange thing for me at moment is I have gone down 2 belt buckle sizes but my weight has actually gone up slightly...I have been doing a lot of cycling and recently started ice skating just wonder if its going onto my legs as muscle need to start measuring myself I think.
    If you're losing fat and gaining weight then chances are, that is indeed why.

I'm using MyFitnessPal myself and I'm surprised by how effective it's been. I started towards the end of November and since then I've succeeded in using it every day (once you've got into the habit, it's much easier - my streak is 98 days) and have lost 1st 8lbs without doing anything other than modifying my eating. I think a big part of why it's working out so well is that I won't eat anything until I have already entered it into MFP - this means that either I see how bad (or not!) it would be for me and can decide not to eat it, or I just decide it's really not worth the effort to try to find my phone for the sake of a few custard creams (fig rolls, on the other hand, are a completely different story...). I would definitely recommend giving it a try to anyone looking to start out losing weight, I just wish I'd started putting this effort in much earlier - I was 17.5st for far too long.

10. Thanks to JHeaton from:

Griff (24th February 2014)

Thank Post
    Lost about half a stone since my last post..skating about 3 times a week and cycling nearly everyday. 30 miles on a sunday or saturday as me and a friend are training for a 72 mile ride over the chilterns in summer woohoo

12. Thanks to Griff from:

visioN (11th March 2014)

Thank Post
    Lost about half a stone since my last post..skating about 3 times a week and cycling nearly everyday. 30 miles on a sunday or saturday as me and a friend are training for a 72 mile ride over the chilterns in summer woohoo
    I did a 65 mile bike ride for macmillan last year... buy some decent padded shorts ha

14. Thanks to visioN from:

Griff (11th March 2014)

Thank Post
    Nice to see this thread re-born :-)

Since I last posted, many months ago, and following the birth of our son (who is unbelievably 7 months old already!), the wife and I have been rejoined WeightWatchers and in the 4 months we've been going I've lost 36lb's in weight (2 Stone 8lb's).

Just for those who are interested, my stats of before and after the weight loss are below.

Before:

Weight - 20 Stone 1lb
    Chest - 50"
    Waist - 46"
    Collar - 18"

After

Weight - 17 Stone 7lb
    Waist - 40"
    Chest - 44-46"
    Collar - 17"

Not really doing any extra exercise, Gym once a week and football twice a week (although I will be adding a weekly round of golf in there sooner rather than later if the weather holds out), just sticking to the WeightWatchers plan and keeping a very close eye on what I'm eating.

At this point I am loving being my new size and shape, I haven't been this weight since just after I left high school so I have hit many many milestones in the last 4 months (I am now over 4 stone lighter than the biggest I've ever been for example). It's allowing me to shop for clothes in shops I've never been able to before :-)

edit - Should have added my starting BMI was 35.7 and is now currently 31.4....fighting towards being Overweight!!
    Last edited by Iain.Faulkner; 11th March 2014 at 12:05 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,757 Posts
    I got through the 6 weeks of sofa-sitting without any weight gain - maybe even a couple of pounds off (I wouldn't know, I stopped weighing myself 15 years ago - that way madness lies).
    That's great but I ate almost nothing to do it (healthily - just not much of it!)
    Now I am back at work, hobbling in a boot and in pain - not eating much is going to be much more difficult. As is fitting in the 25 minute exercise routine I have been doing every other day in an attempt to keep at least some of the fitness. Wish me luck

Thank Post
    Ive fallen off,

Gained half a stone.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I've just started. First measurement 14.02st and the following week 14.02st. I seem to be stable though still too heavy for 5'11"

Used MyFitnessPal briefly but no luck as the Windows Phone port is horrid. Was an eye opener though for the few days it worked. Need ideas for extra exercise though, about all I can do is walking.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    I've just started. First measurement 14.02st and the following week 14.02st. I seem to be stable though still too heavy for 5'11"
    Snap! same height and weight!

good luck!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast