General Chat Thread, Ditloids For Christmas 2012 [Set By Our Science Department: I Don't Have The Answers] in General; There is a theme: Christmas Songs.
20th December 2012, 01:52 PM #1
Ditloids For Christmas 2012 [Set By Our Science Department: I Don't Have The Answers]
There is a theme: Christmas Songs.
These work the same as other Ditloids: Take the first character from each word and eliminate the rest. What remains [and the given theme in the case of this series of Ditloids] is your clue as to what used to be there.
EG: 4. JB: This is Jingle Bells.
@aerospacemango: Still no prize: Sorry.
20th December 2012, 02:32 PM #2
I've got the first two....but then I saw there were 48 and thought....
"I haven't got time for that!!!"
So I shall leave the prize for others to claim
Sod it....I shall fill them in as I go, this afternoon!!!
1. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow
2. Last Christmas
3. Hark the Herald Angel Sing
4. Jingle Bells
5. Come all Ye Faithful
6. Deck The Halls
7. Away in a Manger
8. A Winters Tale
9. O Little town of Bethlehem
10. When Santa got stuck up the chimney
11. The Holly and the Ivy
12. Good King Wenceslas
13. Mistletoe and Wine
14. Silent Night
15. Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
16. Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas tree
17. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
18. Baby It's Cold Outside
19. Frosty the Snowman
21. All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth
23. Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire
24. Do They Know It's christmas
25. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
26. I Saw Mummy Kissing Santa Claus (Getting tired now!)
27. I Saw Three Ship
29. It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
30. Joy To The World
31. Rocking Around The Christmas Tree (Don't tell my boss I'm doing this....)
32. Santa Baby
34. The Little Drummer Boy (Pah ruppa pum pum)
35. We Wish You A Merry Christmas
36. White Christmas
37. In The Bleak Mid Winter
38. Fairytale of New York
39. Little Donkey
40. Once In Royal David's City (Am I near the end yet?)
41. Merry Christmas Everyone
42. Ding Dong Merrily on High
43. I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day
44. Santa Claus is coming to town
45. The Twelve Days of christmas
46. We Three Kings (of orient are, one in a taxi, one in a car, one on his scooter, bibbing his hooter, following yonder car)
47. When a Child is Born
48. Mary's Boy Child
Phew.....thank heavens that's over....Anyone get the ones I haven't?
Surprising what you know when you put your mind to it...
Last edited by aerospacemango; 20th December 2012 at 03:03 PM.
20th December 2012, 03:09 PM #3
No 28 is - It came upon a midnight clear
Thanks to Gonk from:
aerospacemango (20th December 2012)
20th December 2012, 03:11 PM #4
Hmmmmm.... Never heard that one....At least I think I haven't!!
Originally Posted by Gonk
20th December 2012, 03:17 PM #5
33. The First Noel
20th December 2012, 03:27 PM #6
Someone needs to change the title of this thread.
Every time I see the word "Ditloids" I'm seeing something else (lets just say it begins with 'D', is 5 letters long and ends in 'O' )
20th December 2012, 03:43 PM #7
So no Dido albums in your collection then?
Originally Posted by Gatt
20th December 2012, 04:03 PM #8
Gaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! 22 & 33 are soooo obvious now!
Originally Posted by mdrabble
20? What's that you say? I've never heard of that one either!!!
20th December 2012, 04:53 PM #9
It the latin for Oh Come All Ye Faithful
Originally Posted by aerospacemango
20th December 2012, 05:03 PM #10
Hmmmmm....I knew it was a mistake to hang around with people more intelligent than i am!!!
Originally Posted by mdrabble
20th December 2012, 05:12 PM #11
I only know this from playing Christmas carols in a brass band since the age of 11
By DaveP in forum General Chat
Last Post: 12th December 2011, 03:49 PM
By russdev in forum Virtual Learning Platforms
Last Post: 8th June 2010, 12:46 PM
By ChrisH in forum Other Stuff
Last Post: 11th November 2008, 12:37 PM
Last Post: 22nd July 2008, 04:33 PM
By Dos_Box in forum General Chat
Last Post: 20th December 2007, 06:22 PM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)