+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Hotels for BETT 2013 in General; So very glad I got the Follett team to book up early... we're all in the Radissen Blu (something like ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    So very glad I got the Follett team to book up early... we're all in the Radissen Blu (something like that).

Thank Post
    I'm being let out for the day (on my own, too) to attend BETT this year. I'm planning on the Friday so I can go and listen to Brian Cox.

Is there an Edugeek presence this year where I can rest my feet for a little while?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,487 Times in 1,234 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattianuk View Post
    Cheers, gone for the premier inn at Greenwich. 30 mins away on The DLR...

Got breakfast and dinner in there as well
    Me too on the 29th.

Quote Originally Posted by TechSupp View Post
    Loooks like a few of us in there! Thats where we have booked as well. Didnt realise it was 30min on DLR, looks alot shorter distance on a map.
    Don't forget it involves a change. Plus at the weekend the whole route isn't working. I'm tempted to test teh longer but more fun, route of teh cable car over the river from north greenwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Earthling View Post
    I'm being let out for the day (on my own, too) to attend BETT this year. I'm planning on the Friday so I can go and listen to Brian Cox.

Is there an Edugeek presence this year where I can rest my feet for a little while?
    They will be in teh fun corner of B290 but you can't rest your feet, you will be expected to work for your freebies

As for hotels in general, i found that if you avoid the first few days, even the ones on site at Excel have the occasional room, i guess they send all the techies home after they get teh stands setup and working

Thank Post
    Can someone in the know help, just been looking up travel and whats the best way to get from BETT to the Premier Inn at Greenwhich? Looked at Google and TfL, both say DLR but one says change at Poplar and Canary Wharf and the other says just change at Westferry....confussed!

Thank Post
    Can someone in the know help, just been looking up travel and whats the best way to get from BETT to the Premier Inn at Greenwhich? Looked at Google and TfL, both say DLR but one says change at Poplar and Canary Wharf and the other says just change at Westferry....confussed!
    @TechSupp Will depend on the day that you are going. Wednesday - Friday, you can take the DLR from Greenwich to Custom House (change at Westferry). On Saturday, you will be better off taking the DLR from Greenwish to West Silvertown and change at Westferry. When you get to West Silvertown, you need to walk over the bridge to Excel. This link shows the route N Woolwich Rd/A1020 to Western Gateway - Google Maps

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,776 Posts
    @TechSupp There isn't much in it. Personally I'd change at Canary Wharf to aim for Canning Town.

If you are travelling on Saturday, take note of this thread: http://www.edugeek.net/forums/bett-2...-saturday.html

Thank Post
    Thanks, travelling on Wed eve, Thurs morn.

Thank Post
    i managed to get a room at west ham football club, They turn the directors boxes into hotel rooms when theres not a match on , all for £89, worth a look!, free parking
    West Ham United Hotel (London) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,776 Posts
    @techupp I've done a bit more digging. It seems there isn't much difference between the routes.

According to the TfL journey planner the simplest route is the Westferry change... you only have to change once.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12