+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Recommend me a Tablet please in General; I've got an Asus Transformer - comes with a natty clip on keyboard which should make the note taking easier ...

Thank Post
    I've got an Asus Transformer - comes with a natty clip on keyboard which should make the note taking easier - the kb has an extra battery in it too which nicely extends its up time. No stylus tho, I'm afraid

2. Thanks to SpuffMonkey from:

elsiegee40 (13th December 2012)

Thank Post
    I'm currently an undergrad in maths and I use an ASUS tf300 for note taking/surfing and all sorts. It doesn't run my subject specific apps, but i also have a large laptop for that. I use a stylus sometimes cost about 5. The main reason i use that over anything else is it has a kb if i need it super long battery life and the app on it called supernote is VERY good for my notes. Others use ipads and laptops and one other uses a transformer. All of thoes using other apps to note take prefer our supernote.

EDIT; i should say my subject specific apps use GB's worth of ram and are often run on backend servers for a few hours producing results.
    Last edited by mjs_mjs; 12th December 2012 at 11:32 PM.

4. Thanks to mjs_mjs from:

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs_mjs View Post
    EDIT; i should say my subject specific apps use GB's worth of ram and are often run on backend servers for a few hours producing results.
    ssh to matlab then

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,669 Times in 2,266 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The other thing to take into account with Styluses is that there are different types. There are the capacitive type which are basically just a capacitive blob on the end of a stick, usually a bit thick and are not hugely better than just using a finger as you can't rest your hand on it or anything as there is no differentiation between the inputs.

The second kind are the ones with a digitizer grid in behind which are massively more precise, differentiated from touch and can even, depending on the device and stylus it can even take into account pressure and angle which make them much better for precision and any art stuff if you need it. I think one of the android Samsung tablets has this kind and the Surface pro along with several of the other W8 tabs do. These are usually Wacom digitisers which is what the artists use and for general note taking mean you can actually rest your hand on it while writing reliably.

It all comes down to what she needs, the ASUS, Samsung and Acer ones also have the keyboard battery thing which doubles the battery life, the Acer one does not have a proper digital stylus though and you'd end up needing to use one of the imprecise capacitive ones to write on it.

7. Thanks to SYNACK from:

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,374 Times in 1,671 Posts
    I have just researched the same question for a friend and after exhaustive searching and review reading it came down to the Nexus or the Galaxy, both for ease of use and price

9. Thanks to witch from:

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12