+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, FPV Quadcopter basic parts list (JABcopter) in General; Looks exciting - way scary that your flashing this stuff; I haven't even learnt how to fly the thing correctly ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Looks exciting - way scary that your flashing this stuff; I haven't even learnt how to fly the thing correctly yet. Crashed mine yesterday in quite spectacular fashion; really annoyed at myself as it was high winds and I should have been more careful. Two more broken props, bent my frame (may get away with bending things back into place!) and I snapped the aerial lead of my reciever (have managed to resolder it). Thankfully no major components were damaged and everything checks out, just feel like a complete idiot but I guess it's part of the learning process.

Pete

Thank Post
    @FragglePete your is the X525 V3 right? I suggest you buy some box ali and make your own arms, it makes the frame SO more solid and the arms can survive a good impact without breaking, I replaced mine for an addition of 80g which is not too bad. Also get yourself a Hubsan X4 as this is great to learn on and ALOT cheaper if you crash, plus it can be flown in the house when its windy...I learnt to fly facing myself on the hubsan and it improves your reaction times because there is so much to dodge inside a living room.

3. Thanks to JAB1a from:

FragglePete (14th May 2013)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1a View Post
    @FragglePete your is the X525 V3 right? I suggest you buy some box ali and make your own arms, it makes the frame SO more solid and the arms can survive a good impact without breaking, I replaced mine for an addition of 80g which is not too bad. Also get yourself a Hubsan X4 as this is great to learn on and ALOT cheaper if you crash, plus it can be flown in the house when its windy...I learnt to fly facing myself on the hubsan and it improves your reaction times because there is so much to dodge inside a living room.
    Yes, it's the X525. Will look at the Box Ali option. I will more than likely order another frame from HK for spares anyway as it's relatively cheap from there. More annoyed at HobbyKing carry their version for only $13.99 but never in the UK warehouse so it's stupid postage costs.

I've got my birthday coming up so may ask my wife nicely for a Husban X4.

Pete

Ant

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FragglePete View Post
    Looks exciting - way scary that your flashing this stuff; I haven't even learnt how to fly the thing correctly yet. Crashed mine yesterday in quite spectacular fashion; really annoyed at myself as it was high winds and I should have been more careful. Two more broken props, bent my frame (may get away with bending things back into place!) and I snapped the aerial lead of my reciever (have managed to resolder it). Thankfully no major components were damaged and everything checks out, just feel like a complete idiot but I guess it's part of the learning process.

Pete
    I've never flown a multi-rotor... ever! So still plenty of learning for me too! Not looking forward to crashing it though!

My plan is to get a Hubsan X4 at some point to get some practice, plenty of spare parts available for it as well. I've flown small 3 channel helis, but that's it.

The cheapest I've seen the Hubsan is 29.90 + shipping from here, I think there's a new version coming out at some point:
    Hubsan X4 Mini Quad Copter RTF

6. Thanks to Ant from:

FragglePete (14th May 2013)

Thank Post
    Sorry it's took me ages to post back @JAB1a, since originally posting on here a couple of months back I've had LOTS of fun with my quadcopter... I've probably been through 20+ props, many crashes, a few arms and many modifications to the setup.

However I am now flying it really well, found a nice constant with the MultiWii code with very high PID's for a super tight locked in feeling, flying in Acro mode only I'm finally pulling flips at 40 meters altitude easily with lots of head room for stalling

With a 4500mah Zippy I get about 9 minutes of mixed mode flight which I'm very happy with, next on the agenda is FPV kit from FatShark and a TBS Disco frame

FPV Quadcopter basic parts list (JABcopter)-img_0514.jpg
    FPV Quadcopter basic parts list (JABcopter)-img_0674.jpg

I've also got lots of build and crash pictures if anyone wants to see them
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FPV Quadcopter basic parts list (JABcopter)-img_0674.jpg   FPV Quadcopter basic parts list (JABcopter)-img_0433.jpg  
    Last edited by Zimmer; 29th May 2013 at 09:15 AM.

Thank Post
    Wicked Zimmer, that's looking really good ,and I am glad to hear you are doing well on the piloting side, I have yet to do flips FPV style yet but I have got some in my video's but they were done all LOS. Are you using 10" props there? or are they 9x4.7, I find if you want an even more dialled in feel then go for 9x4.5 props, having this beautiful british wind pushes and bends props that are ?x4.7 but the ?x4.5 props are rock solid which don't get effected by wind or speed

TBS discovery looks wicked fun but I have not gone for one due to the cost of repairs, I think I will make my own H quad frame at some point.

I look forward to your updates, keep us posted on your progress mate

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1a View Post
    Is the Hubsan X4 capable of carrying a camera? I'd like to try taking some aerial videos/photos - some of yours JAB1a earlier in this topic are amazing.
    If not the Hubsan X4, then whats the cheapest quad copter vable of carrying a camera - and which camera would be good to start with?

Thank Post
    The other way of FPV.

Ant

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hallb15 View Post
    Is the Hubsan X4 capable of carrying a camera? I'd like to try taking some aerial videos/photos - some of yours JAB1a earlier in this topic are amazing.
    If not the Hubsan X4, then whats the cheapest quad copter vable of carrying a camera - and which camera would be good to start with?
    The Hubsan x4 is tiny so it would only really be able to carry something rather small.

I've been playing with a cheap eBay keychain camera on mine and although you can hear the quad working harder and it's little sluggish on take off, it does fly still. I've taken the camera's case off to save weight, and the camera battery looks like a small 1S lipo, so I'm going to remove this too and use the quad's battery to save even more weight. I'll post pics as a when I get round to doing this.

My main quad hasn't really progressed much since my last post, but I should get some more time soon to get further with it. Loving the Hubsan in the meantime though! I'm amazed how well it flies, even in the wind.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,498 Times in 1,344 Posts
    I really must order the nuts and bolts I need to put my frame together

Ben

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ant View Post
    The Hubsan x4 is tiny so it would only really be able to carry something rather small.
    Something Small (0.8g). Maybe.

Thank Post
    There are many different FPV setups for the Hubsan, you want to check out some of the Badland FPV Hubsan video's, the man is a wiz around the house under tables and over doors etc... amaing...
    here is a wick link I found...All the kinks have now been worked out
    FPV HUBFPV HUBHubsan X4 FPV

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,498 Times in 1,344 Posts
    Just be careful if watching at work as there is a brief moment at 57 - 1:07 that's nsfw.

Ben

Thank Post
    Thanks Ben, and sorry everyone else....I did not check that video....

This is the guy (badlands) I was talking about....wicked flying... FPV HUBFPV HUBMy FPV Hubsan X4

There is another guy who lives in Plymouth who has done the same and has a great flight around his house

p.s I have not vetted this video either

Thank Post

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast