+ Post New Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
General Chat Thread, FPV Quadcopter basic parts list (JABcopter) in General; I got my first Quadcopter in December - a Hubsan X4. Its great fun flying indoors but I got over ...
    Thank Post
    I got my first Quadcopter in December - a Hubsan X4. Its great fun flying indoors but I got over confident and smashed it into the TV after which it dropped to the floor and broke one of the arms.
    New body and spare rotors are on the way though.
    I would recommend anyone who is thinking about trying out a quadcopter gets an X4. Its so much fun and a great way to get used to the delicate control skills required.

Thank Post
    Bit of a resurrection here, but I finally have video.

Nothing like @JAB1a's flying and the image quality is absolute rubbish so sorry about that.

Next task is to build a proper battery caddy so it doesn't fall out in the rougher landings then learn to fly properly and FPV here I come. Very happy.
    Totaled everything up today for a friend, from having nothing (apart from tools) to in the air ~280 (then crashed it badly on first flight and spent more), could have been cheaper but I went to local model shops for parts and advice rather than risking ebay for a couple of bits. Got an ESC tuning card which was invaluable. I think doing that manually would have driven me nuts.

3. 2 Thanks to TwoZeroAlpha:

JAB1a (16th January 2014), plexer (15th January 2014)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,612 Times in 1,443 Posts
    Wohoo nice one another one in the air, I've rebuilt mine 3 times already.

Gotta do a parts list for a friend.

Ben

Thank Post
    @TwoZeroAlpha Excellent video mate, the quad looks very stable and plenty of power and at an excellent price as well. Well done I look forward to seeing things improve over the coming months and maybe even see some FPV from you if I'm lucky

Thank Post
    Yep +1 on the Hubsan. I lost my first one, was flying in quiet car park with wood then busy main road - I give it some high up turned into the sun and it disappeared (being small)... dunno where it went lol
    Second one had lots of fun with it but one arm is broken now, so taped it up but its not what it was!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Yep +1 on the Hubsan. I lost my first one, was flying in quiet car park with wood then busy main road - I give it some high up turned into the sun and it disappeared (being small)... dunno where it went lol
    Second one had lots of fun with it but one arm is broken now, so taped it up but its not what it was!
    So much fun can be had with the Hubsan, my friend recently purchased a new Hubsan X4 to learn some skills before he gets a Phantom (against my recommendations lol), toke quite a while to get it back air worthy but its now dialled in and I'm having so much fun indoors while this weather is crap.

The new Hubsan is built VERY well, the hits and knocks my mates one was getting would of ruined my hubsan in the first 2 hits. Well done Hubsan for a great improvement!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1a View Post
    So much fun can be had with the Hubsan, my friend recently purchased a new Hubsan X4 to learn some skills before he gets a Phantom (against my recommendations lol), toke quite a while to get it back air worthy but its now dialled in and I'm having so much fun indoors while this weather is crap.

The new Hubsan is built VERY well, the hits and knocks my mates one was getting would of ruined my hubsan in the first 2 hits. Well done Hubsan for a great improvement!
    the one with the LEDs on and some other improvements

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    the one with the LEDs on and some other improvements
    haha sorry I said the whole sentence in my mind but only typed about half of it lol I meant I had to get mine (Hubsan X4 v1)back up and running, it was a fight but is n ow puring around the living room during this horrible weather. The new one has excellent improvments over the model I have..but equaly just as fun

Thank Post
    yeh not much in it really. i once spent a fortune on a heli but never done much, with these quads they are reasonably easy to fly. Have you done the calibration thing to it made a huge diff to mine.
    It was something like put on a level surface and do some stick motions (ill dig it out if u havent). It wasnt in manual

11. Thanks to Kurgan from:

JAB1a (29th January 2014)

Thank Post
    Missus got me a WLToys V959 for a christmas present, so I have begun my journey! Standard level control is fine, however I get in trouble as soon as I rotate it... Lot's of practice needed before I venture to any sort of altitude!

13. Thanks to pscott from:

JAB1a (29th January 2014)

Thank Post
    Looking forward to see another post. Thank you for letting us know. Cheers!

Thank Post
    This thread is amazing...me and my colleague really tempted to build something at school

16. Thanks to Griff from:

JAB1a (20th June 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    This thread is amazing...me and my colleague really tempted to build something at school
    You wont regret getting into this hobby my friend SO much fun. I have found something even more fun than this build and that's a Mini FPV quadcopter. The power to weight ratio is crazy and the cost is a lot less (apart from having to by a ready made frame or make one)...

18. Thanks to JAB1a from:

Griff (20th June 2014)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718