+ Post New Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, FPV Quadcopter basic parts list (JABcopter) in General; Very good. Have you flown RC stuff before?...

Thank Post
    Very good. Have you flown RC stuff before?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 1,526 Posts
    Nope

Broke several ancillary fittings on it today so some repairs are needed before more flying.

Ben

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    2nd flight video.

Quad flight 2 - YouTube

Ben
    Great job done there Ben, so glad its now in the air and you are enjoying yourself.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Good stuff - thought it was going to flip on take off ? What controller you using on it?

Mine is laid up at the moment - just not had time to fly it and the weather hasn't been too kind either. It's all great fun though!

Pete

Thank Post
    @FragglePete just getting it dialled in still only had half a dozen flights on it.

This is the controller MultiWii PRO 2.0 Flight Controller w/ GPS Option - Flight Controllers + $9 shipping it was although got done for VAT and collection fee when it landed as the declared value of $25 was about 3 pence over the £15 allowance, lol.

Ben

Thank Post
    Also added a bluetooth module as well for computerless configuration

Ben

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    @FragglePete just getting it dialled in still only had half a dozen flights on it.

This is the controller MultiWii PRO 2.0 Flight Controller w/ GPS Option - Flight Controllers + $9 shipping it was although got done for VAT and collection fee when it landed as the declared value of $25 was about 3 pence over the £15 allowance, lol.

Ben
    Doh!

I've got an APM2.5 on mine and it just seemed to be stable out of the box so well chuffed. Using a 433Mhz module for telemetry as well but too scared to take my eyes of the quad and hands off the controller to look at what is showing on my Netbook!

Pete

Thank Post
    What tx you got?

Will get telemtry on mine at some point got a flysky 9x tx so may look at openlrs once I've flashed it.

Ben

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I've got a basic Turnigy 9X - seems to work ok and was cheap to buy, I've already had to replace the Receiver on the Quad after snapping the aerial off during a rather dramatic crash! Only cost about £9 to replace from fleabay.

FPV kit is next but I've run out of funds at present, as I've said on here before I want a Fatshark Attitude set but just can't seem to stomach the cost at present. It's on my Christmas list!

Pete

Thank Post
    I was looking at OpenLRS the other day....found it dirt cheap but without antenna...

433Mhz HawkEYE openLRS UHF system JR/Turnigy compatible and 433MHz 9Ch Receiver-in Parts & Accessories from Toys & Hobbies on Aliexpress.com

That's a 1W! Tx, normal Tx's like the dx6i or 9X are <100mW. looks great.
    @FragglePete, you know the attitudes are the best at the moment and if you get anything else you will still be wanting them. I can tell you its one of the finest investments I have made for this hobby, worth every penny for the enjoyment you will get from them.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1a View Post
    I was looking at OpenLRS the other day....found it dirt cheap but without antenna...

433Mhz HawkEYE openLRS UHF system JR/Turnigy compatible and 433MHz 9Ch Receiver-in Parts & Accessories from Toys & Hobbies on Aliexpress.com

That's a 1W! Tx, normal Tx's like the dx6i or 9X are <100mW. looks great.
    @FragglePete, you know the attitudes are the best at the moment and if you get anything else you will still be wanting them. I can tell you its one of the finest investments I have made for this hobby, worth every penny for the enjoyment you will get from them.
    Fully appreciate that @JAB1a -and that's what I'm aiming for, just funds are totally depleted at the moment! I took the decision to buy the GoPro before the FPV gear - don't regret it but just wish to push it to the next level. I'll be wanting a Gimbal after that!

Pete

Thank Post
    The trouble with getting in to FPV for me is that as a blind bugger err I mean spectacles wearer I don't think most are suitable.

Although I am short sighted so I don't know whether having the screens so close to my eyes if I'd be able to fly without perhaps I can find someone to let me try.

Ben

Thank Post
    You can use 433 Mhz on flying models for telemetry but you cannot use it for control (7t Model Control). I'd need to look up the ofcom specs but I suspect at 1w, the Hawkeye would be out of spec for use in the UK even for telemetry.

Thank Post
    The output level can be defined in s/w though.

Ben

Thank Post
    Thanks for the info @pcstru - I am sure anything over 25mW (land to air or air to land) is against the UK rules, I have seen distances of 2miles from a 25mW 5.8Ghz with the right antenna setup. Most FPV setups sold from shops/internet in the UK are WELL above these limits (average 100mW Tx's)... So I know two wrongs don't make a right but I would not stop buying the OpenLRS system just because of the Tx power... also how or who would enforce this say in the middle of Dartmoor? (of course ignoring Dartmoor's byelaws). That aside, I am sure if you did something stupid with your RC model and it got into the authorities hands then if they were inclined then you would probably get the book thrown at you... hopefully common sense will per vale there.

"You can use 433 Mhz on flying models for telemetry" I think the rule is if the transmission is from a ground station to another ground station (ground to ground transmission) then that is allowed... all the rules are different from air to ground transmission's (not ground to air). I might have the wrong end of the stick tho

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread