+ Post New Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, FPV Quadcopter basic parts list (JABcopter) in General; So close Ben what kind of 3d Printer do you use? any links of photos? Lastnight I finally managed to ...

Thank Post
    So close Ben what kind of 3d Printer do you use? any links of photos?

Lastnight I finally managed to flash the new firmware on my new gimbal controller and tested it using a gimbal, all went well but I now need to fine tune it while attached to my Quad.

I must admit the last time I flew was September 2nd! its been eating away at me but the wind and weather/time has just not been kind to me. lets hope October brings some flying weather

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,444 Posts
    I have a RepRapPro original Tri Colour mendel.

Mono Mendel - RepRapPro this is the current one basically or the 3 colour ready to go which is the same as this but with a couple of extra extruders and hot ends.

I'm also slightly changing the way I'm wiring all my connections up to my arduino made it a bit more difficult for myself choosing a full on mega 2560 board rather than a flight controller ready to go but hey where's the fun in easy.

Ben

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    I'm also slightly changing the way I'm wiring all my connections up to my arduino made it a bit more difficult for myself choosing a full on mega 2560 board rather than a flight controller ready to go but hey where's the fun in easy.

Ben
    That action is fully in the spirit of this hobby, 'find your own way to the clouds and enjoy' and using a 3d printer as well is just perfect

How much did the Reprap cost to make and how difficult was it sourcing the parts? I would be interested in making one of these

Thank Post
    We bought the kit from RepRapPro about £500 has everything you need or a Mendel 90 kit from Nophead is about the same price.

I'm building a 2nd RepRapPro mendel in the man cave at the moment for home use and also have a Tantillus cube style printer under way as well but the quad has taken over at the moment.

Ta

Ben

5. Thanks to plexer from:

JAB1a (4th October 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1a View Post
    How much did the Reprap cost to make and how difficult was it sourcing the parts? I would be interested in making one of these
    I'd probably recommend avoiding the Prusa type Mendel's (based on the A-Frame) if you can (5 reasons to avoid Prusa). The i3 type or Mendel 90 address many of the issues and are as cheap to build. You can pick up kits for i3 parts on ebay quite reasonably. Mendel 90 is slightly more difficult to source, the designer does a full kit for £500 which includes everything. I cut my own frame and printed the other parts for one but sourced the vitamins from him (Contact details are somewhere in the thread here but let me know if you want them and can't find them).

7. 2 Thanks to pcstru:

JAB1a (4th October 2013), plexer (4th October 2013)

Thank Post
    I've built 2 Mendels and am very pleased with both I've run one of them for a 48 hour print and had no problems with the machine and have printed almost daily for several hours a day for the last 8 months.

Ben

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    just keep them away from the harbour bridge

Mystery drone collides with Sydney Harbour Bridge

Thank Post
    I'm printing the parts for the 90 on my Prusa and it's mostly fine. But they are difficult to align (and easily distort) and they are cramped to work on. The newer i3 and 90's are much better designs, easy to square up and easy to get in and around the bits for maintenance. So if you have a choice, I'd build one of those.

(I'm probably not doing myself any favours saying that as I'll be trying to sell my prusa once I've completed the 90!).

Thank Post
    Some interesting points there @pcstru Ive been toying with the idea for over a year but the multicopter hobby has taken over totally. One day I will make/buy one

Thank Post
    You can get a Peter King pre build, flight tested 450 DJI (Clone) with a AMP Flight controller etc off Peter king for £270!
    APM2.5 Multirotor fleet for sale £270 - £480 - YouTube

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MGSTech View Post
    You can get a Peter King pre build, flight tested 450 DJI (Clone) with a AMP Flight controller etc off Peter king for £270!
    APM2.5 Multirotor fleet for sale £270 - £480 - YouTube
    @MGSTech cheers for the info....
    Even for the cheapest one that's £355 (£270+£85 for RC gear) plus you still need Lipo's and a charger and I have never been a fan of the flamewheel frame design and it only has a KK2.0 FC. The only plus of that purchase will be that he has test flown it before you get your hands on it

Thank Post
    Well finally took the plunge last night and ordered the Hubsan x4 Mini Quadcopter (with crash kit!!)

Been following this thread for a long time and made a load of notes, got a birthday and Christmas coming up soon so hopefully this is the start of my journey into FPV!

Will keep you posted and no doubt be asking for some advice, especially from JAB1a!

Thank Post
    Mine is built just gotta work out how to get the tx to arm the fc and then we should be good to spool up turn and burn baby.

Ben

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_L View Post
    Well finally took the plunge last night and ordered the Hubsan x4 Mini Quadcopter (with crash kit!!)

Been following this thread for a long time and made a load of notes, got a birthday and Christmas coming up soon so hopefully this is the start of my journey into FPV!

Will keep you posted and no doubt be asking for some advice, especially from JAB1a!
    Good man @Paul_L, you won't regret that purchase. The Hubsan is such a good thing to learn on I think as its great in the living room or just as happy in an open field (if you have good eye sight lol). That crash kit looks good, I wish I had one when I was learning, does the crash kit clip between the motor and the prop or does it attach to the arm or motor directly? I ask because most failures on my X4 was because when the X4 lands on its roof it pushes the props and motor shaft through the bottom of the motor casing so you have to replace the motor...but if the kit went between the prop and motor then that could no longer push the shaft out the bottom.

Keep us posted on your progress and don't hesitate to ask questions

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1a View Post
    That crash kit looks good, I wish I had one when I was learning, does the crash kit clip between the motor and the prop or does it attach to the arm or motor directly? I ask because most failures on my X4 was because when the X4 lands on its roof it pushes the props and motor shaft through the bottom of the motor casing so you have to replace the motor...but if the kit went between the prop and motor then that could no longer push the shaft out the bottom.
    Will let you know how it attaches, when I get it and report back.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast