+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
General Chat Thread, George Osborne's mortgage on paddock paid by taxpayers in General; George Osborne's mortgage on paddock paid by taxpayers. Maybe he is clever after all!! Getting the British public to pay ...
  1. #1

    mattx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    9,249
    Thank Post
    1,061
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 626 Posts
    Rep Power
    741

    George Osborne's mortgage on paddock paid by taxpayers

    George Osborne's mortgage on paddock paid by taxpayers. Maybe he is clever after all!! Getting the British public to pay for his paddock.

    George Osborne's mortgage on paddock paid by taxpayers | Politics | guardian.co.uk

  2. #2

    featured_spectre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,501
    Thank Post
    1,684
    Thanked 2,053 Times in 1,491 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    464
    This is why politicians should be ousted and picked from common folk whom have common sense and worked hard in life!

  3. #3

    mattx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    9,249
    Thank Post
    1,061
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 626 Posts
    Rep Power
    741
    Yes but according to 'Dave' - we are all in this together.

  4. #4

    Norphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Harpenden
    Posts
    2,580
    Thank Post
    59
    Thanked 370 Times in 286 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    This is why politicians should be ousted and picked from common folk whom have common sense and worked hard in life!
    Power corrupts. You could pick someone like that for political office, I'd bet that within six months they'd turn out to be just as nasty and corrupt as any politico up there at the moment.

  5. Thanks to Norphy from:

    hardtailstar (10th December 2012)

  6. #5
    Gibbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cheshire
    Posts
    936
    Thank Post
    212
    Thanked 351 Times in 242 Posts
    Rep Power
    94
    Ah, tabloid rage again. This is what happens when you read a newspaper - especially a biased one like The Mirror - and take it as gospel.

    The story is a little misleading because he bought the farm house and paddock before becoming an MP, but he did claim interest allowances on the property after becoming an MP.

    Shall we redress the balance by listing a couple of Labour MPs fiddling the system?

    Former Labour MP who fiddled taxpayer out of £53,000 escapes prison

    And there's a nice list here of other Labour MPs:

    Elliot Morley (Labour) - Barnsley Central - £30,000 – 16 months in prison
    Derek Chaytor (Labour) – Bury North – £18,000 – 18 months in prison
    Eric Illsley (Labour) - Barnsley Central – £14,500 – 12 months in prison
    Denis MacShane (Labour) - Rotherham – £13,000 -TBC
    Jim Devine (Labour) – Livingston – £9,000 – 16 months in prison

    Yet Another Labour MP Caught Fiddling Expenses « Richard Willis's Blog

    How about this:

    Labour MP pockets £19,000 a year renting taxpayer-funded second home to fellow MP while she claims expenses for a third property
    Labour MP is pocketing £19,000 a year renting second home to fellow MP and she's claiming expenses to rent a THIRD property | Mail Online

  7. #6

    plexer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    13,689
    Thank Post
    756
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 1,526 Posts
    Rep Power
    438
    I don't see that the tax payer should have to pay for any mp's luxury items at all.tbh.

    Ben

  8. #7

    LosOjos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    West Midlands
    Posts
    5,771
    Thank Post
    1,511
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 884 Posts
    Rep Power
    813
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    I don't see that the tax payer should have to pay for any mp's luxury items at all.tbh.

    Ben
    Exactly! I couldn't care less what party any of these scroungers are from, stop stealing our tax money!

  9. Thanks to LosOjos from:

    ButterflyMoon (10th December 2012)

  10. #8
    hardtailstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,077
    Thank Post
    672
    Thanked 308 Times in 258 Posts
    Rep Power
    73
    just cut expenses, let them pay like we have too!

  11. #9

    Danp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,467
    Thank Post
    78
    Thanked 170 Times in 150 Posts
    Rep Power
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by hardtailstar View Post
    just cut expenses, let them pay like we have too!
    Exactly, flat salary for all of them, if they dont like it, dont do the job. The ones who do it because they want to make a difference will do it for a decent salary with no expenses etc etc

  12. Thanks to Danp from:

    hardtailstar (10th December 2012)

  13. #10
    ButterflyMoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Inside my own head
    Posts
    756
    Thank Post
    1,125
    Thanked 191 Times in 167 Posts
    Rep Power
    65
    George Osborne can we have our money back cause am damned sure we need it far more than you do!!!!! In fact that goes for all you money fiddling MP's!!!
    Last edited by ButterflyMoon; 10th December 2012 at 02:26 PM.

  14. #11

    featured_spectre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,501
    Thank Post
    1,684
    Thanked 2,053 Times in 1,491 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    464
    I'm more appauled that they think £69k is a poor salary, hell on £69k I would have gotten myself a nice home in my constituency, and use public transport, and stay in a novotel/premier inn if I needed to be in London for any length of time. Funds business in the area, which generates more tax to help reduce the deficit. Are MPs truly so blind as to how much they could do like this?

  15. Thanks to featured_spectre from:

    ButterflyMoon (10th December 2012)

  16. #12

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    631
    Thank Post
    52
    Thanked 106 Times in 76 Posts
    Rep Power
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
    Ah, tabloid rage again. This is what happens when you read a newspaper - especially a biased one like The Mirror - and take it as gospel.

    The story is a little misleading because he bought the farm house and paddock before becoming an MP, but he did claim interest allowances on the property after becoming an MP.

    Shall we redress the balance by listing a couple of Labour MPs fiddling the system?

    Former Labour MP who fiddled taxpayer out of £53,000 escapes prison

    And there's a nice list here of other Labour MPs:

    Elliot Morley (Labour) - Barnsley Central - £30,000 – 16 months in prison
    Derek Chaytor (Labour) – Bury North – £18,000 – 18 months in prison
    Eric Illsley (Labour) - Barnsley Central – £14,500 – 12 months in prison
    Denis MacShane (Labour) - Rotherham – £13,000 -TBC
    Jim Devine (Labour) – Livingston – £9,000 – 16 months in prison

    Yet Another Labour MP Caught Fiddling Expenses « Richard Willis's Blog

    How about this:

    Labour MP pockets £19,000 a year renting taxpayer-funded second home to fellow MP while she claims expenses for a third property
    Labour MP is pocketing £19,000 a year renting second home to fellow MP and she's claiming expenses to rent a THIRD property | Mail Online


    Mmm, but those aren't EVUL TORAYS and so we can gloss over their wicked crimes as amusing little pecadilloes. Because they've been corrupted by the system, see? It's not their fault, it's the system.



SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Dear George Osborne.....
    By mattx in forum General Chat
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 30th July 2012, 04:30 PM
  2. Wake On LAN disabled by Windows 7
    By Mr.Ben in forum Windows 7
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10th February 2012, 12:38 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 8th November 2011, 08:06 AM
  4. Pesions George Osborne
    By nicholab in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 21st February 2011, 11:27 AM
  5. Why George Osborne is an idiot.
    By mattx in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 23rd October 2010, 05:25 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •