+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, UK To Freeze Next Week? Are You Ready For 'The Beast From The East' in General; Oh Great! We had this a couple of years ago. Husband pretty much got the last plane into Heathrow from ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,184 Times in 1,617 Posts
    Oh Great!

We had this a couple of years ago. Husband pretty much got the last plane into Heathrow from anywhere and got home in a blizzard for Christmas.

This year December 14th is the key day when his flight from India is due to land and it's also my eldest's last day of term at Uni... Fingers crossed the bad stuff will be postponed until December 17th when we'll all be home and can just pile on the jumpers and stay put.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 920 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    We are, apparently, expecting significant snowfall and very low temperatures early next week:

Link 1: London to freeze as 'beast from the East' weather front moves in - London - News - London Evening Standard
    Great just what I want when I'm down in London on Monday..... I don't mind being snowed in up in my home (as I can turn the heating up etc...) but being stuck in Kings Cross Station for a Train home to the Rural north will be a bitterly cold experience especially now they don't have a waiting room for the common man AKA Standard Class.... So could be interesting, also making my way across London from Wandsworth to KGX could have added fun....

Can't talk now: The mother-ship is calling!
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,290 Times in 882 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Now the Daily Mail warns of the 'Pest from The West'

Link: Sub-zero Britain to warm up as Atlantic front sweeps in... but the 'Pest from the West' will bring more rain and the wet weather could last until Christmas | Mail Online

bringing dire consequences:

The dreaded 'Beast from the East' cold front has been vanquished by the 'Pest from the West' which will bring 80mph winds and heavy rain, the Met Office warned today.

Forecasters say that the Beast from the East, which was meant to blanket Britain in snow and freezing fog, is no more as the 'atmosphere changed its mind'.

Brits bracing themselves for snow don't need the sledges just yet as the UK is going to get battered by wind and rain instead thanks to the Pest from the West.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,184 Times in 1,617 Posts
    Never mind the weather... I'm finding the sensationalised wails from The Mail troublesome.

It's winter. The weather's rubbish and the forecasts inaccurate... It's hardly news.

Thank Post
    Weather forecasters can barely get the weather right 3 days in advance, so what chance have they got when predicting weeks/months? The Mail probably uses seaweed & other 'folklore' weather forecasting techniques.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by broc View Post
    The Mail probably uses seaweed & other 'folklore' weather forecasting techniques.
    The Daily Fascist are hardly THAT sophisticated!

Hmmm... I'm on a plane to Berlin tomorrow; and back early next week. Could be interesting!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12