+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, The Icebox Book II [Raising Money for Dementia Charities] in General; ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 884 Posts

The Icebox Book II [Raising Money for Dementia Charities]

Hi,

I hope you all don't mind me doing a little advertising here, it's for a good cause I've had the pleasure of being involved in.

A flickr group called The Icebox of which I am a member has just published a new book for charity.

We're trying to raise money for dementia research charities. Although the charity in question is US based, their research benefits all who suffer with or care for somebody with dementia.

Website: The Icebox Book | Just Released – Icebox Book II, More Photos From The Fridge
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/iceboxbook (@iceboxbook)
    Facebook: The Icebox Books | Facebook

Their are 2 physical versions of the book and an e-book available. Although the website links to a US site for sales, you can also buy copies from the UK version of the blurb website which works out much cheaper for us, but with the same amount going to charity, win win! Also, make sure you look for voucher codes on Google - again, whilst this makes the purchase cheaper, it doesn't affect the amount the charity will receive.
    12" Hardback
    7" Soft Cover

Anyway, hope you don't mind this little bit of marketing, normally I wouldn't do this but as 100% of the profit goes to charity, I didn't think people would mind.

Here is the official press release:

Today, I am proud to announce the publication of The Icebox Book II. This is the second book The Icebox has produced to raise funds for a worthy charity, this year the money raised (more than $500 so far) will be donated to the Alzheimer's Association of Western Washington.

The 100-page book is available in 3 editions: the flagship 12" hardcover fine art coffee table edition for $134.95, the lightweight 7" softcover edition for $34.95 & the eBook for just $4.95. Check that page for coupons on the hardcover books, too.

The cover photo was taken by Dave Hohler (and edited by Josh_Wolf), a charter member of The Icebox who passed away in 2010 due to cancer. Our first book was published in his honor, and raised money for his Relay for Life team. We are honored to have him be such an important part of this project.

Thanks for your support.

Thank Post

to catch the lunch time crowd

Thank Post
    And one last to catch a few over the weekend.

I'll stop flogging it now!

Thanks all for your support.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread