+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, F1 - Vettel may be penalised and lose championship in General; Just seen this on the bbc website, BBC Sport - Formula 1: Ferrari consider Sebastian Vettel protest Vettel allegedly overtook ...

Thank Post

F1 - Vettel may be penalised and lose championship

Just seen this on the bbc website, BBC Sport - Formula 1: Ferrari consider Sebastian Vettel protest

Vettel allegedly overtook Vergnes' Torro Rosso under yellow flags so could get a 20 second penalty, which would mean Alonso would be champion!

Thank Post
    Just seen that myself. Interestingly I found a good analysis on YouTube which goes into detail of the several passes made by Vettel during the race and then compares them to the alleged illegal overtake. From that video it does appear to be illegal, but I will let others make their own opinion!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 1,526 Posts
    If they can't be sure what flag was being waved at the marshall point then anything else is irrelevant.

Ben

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 626 Posts
    Why does this not surprise me ? Yet again Ferrari pull out any possible clause where it would help their cause. Not content with breaking Massa's gear box seal they are now [ and Alonso ] so desporate they have to refer to footage which was obviously seen by the stewards but because now the press are involved, they will have to go study again.
    My god, if there was ever a team / indivudual so desporate to bend the rules in their favor it's Ferrari and that over rated driver Alonso who if you all remember chucked his toys out the pram when Lewis started pi55ing all over his style.

5. 9 Thanks to mattx:

bossman (29th November 2012), CHR1S (29th November 2012), DSapseid (29th November 2012), featured_spectre (29th November 2012), Gibbo (29th November 2012), john (29th November 2012), mthomas08 (29th November 2012), sonofsanta (29th November 2012), speckytecky (29th November 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 900 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This was brought up at the time and dismissed half an hour after the race as it wasn't yellow flag, it was yellow and red (dangerous conditions) which does not forbid overtaking. It's a week afterwards, they won't change now. Ferrari are just *thinking* about having a go, as they often would. They can't fight properly for a championship so they might as well try it on.

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 748 Posts
    Blog Entries
    And it is exactly this kind of thing that has put me off F1. I used to be an avid fan and went to Silverstone every year but this sort of behavior from the teams and certain drivers has turned the sport in to a bit of a farce which is a great shame.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 900 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's quite mild - in fact this whole thing is MASSIVELY exaggurated. Ferrari don't do a lot to help the sport tbh - they're certainly worse than Red Bull who are only guilty of pushing the boundaries of what's possible.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    Why does this not surprise me ? Yet again Ferrari pull out any possible clause where it would help their cause. Not content with breaking Massa's gear box seal they are now [ and Alonso ] so desporate they have to refer to footage which was obviously seen by the stewards but because now the press are involved, they will have to go study again.
    My god, if there was ever a team / indivudual so desporate to bend the rules in their favor it's Ferrari and that over rated driver Alonso who if you all remember chucked his toys out the pram when Lewis started pi55ing all over his style.
    I have to say this, as much as I do respect Alonso he does seem to very quick to push things to win - regardless. I also thougt Massa's defending was very dangerous. It was as if Massa had nothing to lose and reminded me of last years Massa vs Lewis. Closing the door regardless who was there and everyone on that track must of thought he has nothing to lose so watch out.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post
    This was brought up at the time and dismissed half an hour after the race as it wasn't yellow flag, it was yellow and red (dangerous conditions) which does not forbid overtaking. It's a week afterwards, they won't change now. Ferrari are just *thinking* about having a go, as they often would. They can't fight properly for a championship so they might as well try it on.
    The incident you are referring to is the pass on the HRT between turn 1 & 2 which as you say was dismissed. The Vergne incident was not reviewed during the race or race weekend and was missed my both Sky and BBC footage as replays of the start were being shown.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Having heard this being discussed on the radio....

Everyone seems to think that if you look closely at the video, you can see a marshall waving a GREEN flaf, which takes precedence over the yellow flashing lights.

Therefore, expect nothing to change, and Vettel will remain as world champion.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,630 Times in 1,103 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Be a bloody travesty if they do go through with this, as the Torro Rosso would have let Vettel through anyway so he gained no actual advantage from doing this. And if Ferrari start bleating about team tactics and lack-of-sportsmanship, I think the Universe might implode from the sheer hypocrisy.

I really hoped the FIA had dropped their Ferrari Fan Club membership after MSC retired the first time. Saying that, maybe if Michael gives them a long, German stare they'll leave Vettel alone...

Thank Post
    I hope this comes to nothing, it does look like Vettel passed under yellows, but Ferrari should let it lie. If they want Vettel in their car in 2015 they need to not burn their bridges!

Thank Post
    I would hope that the FIA's findings are final once they've finalised the result in the same way that the ref's decissions are final in football etc

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamman960 View Post
    I would hope that the FIA's findings are final
    Ferrari International Assistance make up the rules to suit... Ferrari.

Thank Post
    Apparently teams have up until the 30th November to lodge a complaint and FIA to investigate/rule if the decision will affect the World Championship result...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast