+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, What tyres? in General; Oo good topic! I need to replace my two front tyres soon... I normally put Bridgestone B250's on my Clio, ...
    Thank Post
    Oo good topic! I need to replace my two front tyres soon...

I normally put Bridgestone B250's on my Clio, but find them getting more and more expensive when ever I need new ones...
    I do around 400-600 miles a week so would prefer a tyre that lasts a while. What do people think of Avon ZT5's ?

Thank Post
    How about these? Not tried them myself but reviews look promising http://www.blackcircles.com/catalogu...&tyre=30104202

Dont foget to ring aorund and play ATS and the like off against each other.... Harris Bros locally did my Michelin's for 60 a corner, as apposed to the 74 on black circles...

Thank Post
    I'd also say to stay away from Black Circle, I've used them twice, and had no end of problems with non delivery and idioitc behaviour from them. (The actual garages that do the fitting were great however)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by arwen View Post
    I'd also say to stay away from Black Circle, I've used them twice, and had no end of problems with non delivery and idioitc behaviour from them. (The actual garages that do the fitting were great however)
    Got my last set from them. Didnt have any problems with them.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonk View Post
    How about these? Not tried them myself but reviews look promising http://www.blackcircles.com/catalogu...&tyre=30104202

Dont foget to ring aorund and play ATS and the like off against each other.... Harris Bros locally did my Michelin's for 60 a corner, as apposed to the 74 on black circles...
    That was the ones i was looking at

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonk View Post
    Michelin Energy are still the best for longevity IMHO.
    I second this, worked in the tyre trade for 12 years and i wouldn't buy anything else unless hard up because they can be pricey.

Thank Post
    Kumho or Hankook I would go for

Thank Post
    I had Michelins years ago and they lasted forever - but I hated them as they aquaplaned and tramlined at the slightest hint of moisture. The new ones get good reviews, but my prejudice is now embedded, so I'll probably never buy them again..........

Best tyres for driving were some Goodyear F1 Eagles I had - but they were MOT failure after 6000 miles!

Soooooo...........

I've ended up with Conti's of various sizes on various cars which have been the best compromise for me and in tests they tend to come out best in test for wet stopping distance and aquaplaning, which in our weather seems like the priority. (Apparently not the best for fuel economy, but if it means I don't hit a car/bike/person it'll be worth it.

I've just put winter tyres on (Conti Winter contact) for the first time - beginning of November tied in with when I needed two tyres. Expensive option as had to replace all four, but the nearly new summer tyres are in the garage to go back on in March, so overall will be cost neutral. First impressions: a bit squishy when it's warm, quieter that the Premium contacts they replaced, noticeably better on frosty mornings. Still don't know about economy, wear or performance in snow.

I've always found local independents will match the big chains and give a better service - and the price of quality tyres hurts, but I compare it to the amount I spend on fuel and the difference becomes less significant. Whatever car you have, it's only four palm prints area of rubber between you and catastrophe.

Thank Post
    I put Toyo's on my Camry and have been very pleased with them - quite quiet and a reasonable price - got them via one of those outfits that comes to your house, can't remember which one.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,407 Posts
    Normally go for a firestone or similar.

Ben

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 918 Posts
    I usually go to my local reputable tyre place and ask him what he recommends based on my mileage and driving style and he has never let me down yet with a range of tyres for my cars. I've had various makes including a number i've not heard of yet seem to be reviewed fairly well online.

Oh and this has reminded me its about time to dig out the Snow Tyres and wheels for the car time to go from big summer Eagle F1s on 19" rims down to winter snow monster on 16"

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12