+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Anyone heard what will happen with Evesham kit & warranties? in General; Due ti Evesham Computers going into administration i wondered if anyone had heard anything about Evesham kit we still all ...
    Thank Post

Anyone heard what will happen with Evesham kit & warranties?

Due ti Evesham Computers going into administration i wondered if anyone had heard anything about Evesham kit we still all have that is/should be still in warranty?

I have heard about Time Computers having some interest but wondered if any oen kew about warranties?

Thank Post

Re: Anyone heard what will happen with Evesham kit & warrant

eeeeek

Is that this http://www.evesham.com Evesham Computers?

My predecessor bought 120 machines from them last summer with 3 year warranty, could mean that we will now have to cover the cost of any failing parts now or in the final two years of warranty. 8O

EDIT:

A quick google-news search brought this article up http://www.businessweek.com/globalbi...ge_top+stories

Austin said that existing customers would still receive support and that warranties will "continue to be handled with Evesham's award-winning service, as before".

Thank Post

Re: Anyone heard what will happen with Evesham kit & warranties?

Cheers morstar, I will try and contact someone on Monday.

We also have around 4 servers under warranty from them.

We have been stung before with 250 computers that the company concerned went bust only 12 months into a 3 year warranty so i know how you feel.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 922 Posts

Sorry to HJ this thread, but just worth pointing out that Evesham is not at present VAT registered for anyone whos thinking of spending some summer capital with them. They have applied but its not arrived yet since Evesham is just a Trading Name of GeeMore Technology LTD.

Thank Post

historically what has happened in the past is, companies have "taken on" the warantees of companies that have gone bust, and sold warantees to the customers.

Esentially, buy one warantee... pay for two!

Thank Post

As long as everything goes well GeeMore Technology LTD should be handling it.

Thank Post

Erm I have 200 Evesham PC inthier finalyear of cover and they have been dropping like flies for want of a better description, Mobo's and hard drives mainly.

This seem a little worrying though:

Nevertheless, the company will continue trading following a £22m interim investment by Tahir Mohsan, who now runs PCC Technology.
    and then

Tahir Mohsan was one the owners of Time Computers and its holding company, Granville Technology Group (GTG). Granville went into administration in July 2005, before collapsing leaving debts of £70m and the loss of more than 500 jobs.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,194 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ICTNUT
    Erm I have 200 Evesham PC inthier finalyear of cover and they have been dropping like flies for want of a better description, Mobo's and hard drives mainly.

This seem a little worrying though:

Nevertheless, the company will continue trading following a £22m interim investment by Tahir Mohsan, who now runs PCC Technology.
    and then

Tahir Mohsan was one the owners of Time Computers and its holding company, Granville Technology Group (GTG). Granville went into administration in July 2005, before collapsing leaving debts of £70m and the loss of more than 500 jobs.
    Time is not far from me and I know quite a few former employees (they didn't keep many staff for long!) From what I can gather Tahir and his family all resigned their positions after finding others to run the company. Far to late did the new bosses realise the situation they were placed in.

Thank Post
    Resurrecting an old thread.......

Has anyone had any luck recently with Evesham support. (I know they've gone completely under now and their offices are up for sale.) Have the warranties been taken on by the muppets that now own Evesham, or are we

Their website still exists but support e-mails are bouncing back, I'm going to try ringing tomorrow (don't hold out much hope)

Thank Post
    Under their instruction I shipped a faulty laptop back to them and was told to expect about a three week turnover. I was surprised when It returned 4 days later. They had never even opened it my seals were still on.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexPilot View Post
    Under their instruction I shipped a faulty laptop back to them and was told to expect about a three week turnover. I was surprised when It returned 4 days later. They had never even opened it my seals were still on.
    How long ago was this? A good few months back we were having to ship faulty laptops back to them (that have on site warranties )

Our issue is a room of 17 PCs of which most randomly fail to completely boot up, reinstall of Windows hasn't helped. To start with it was only a few, very occasionally, but as sods law would have it it's got a lot worse

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread