+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
General Chat Thread, "single status" is about to hit Derbyshire - salary after "single status"? in General; Person I spoke to at County about Appeals said its looking like Summer 2015 before they are even touched. Its ...

Thank Post
    Person I spoke to at County about Appeals said its looking like Summer 2015 before they are even touched. Its all gone into limbo at the moment, almost as if they are hoping a few schools become academies so they don't have to pay any extra. With the more stringent OFSTED inspections easily pushing good schools into Special Measures that's not as crazy as it sounds!
    Last edited by Lorfarius; 25th March 2014 at 03:28 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfarius View Post
    Person I spoke to at County about Appeals said its looking like Summer 2015 before they are even touched. Its all gone into limbo at the moment, almost as if they are hoping a few schools become academies so they don't have to pay any extra. With the more stringent OFSTED inspections easily pushing good schools into Special Measures that's not as crazy as it sounds!
    But even so - if that happened here for example - I would still expect the appeal to be dealt with and back pay paid if appropriate. Summer 2015 is rather close to March 2016 (?) when the payment protection ends. I wonder what will happen then if they aren't finished?

Thank Post
    So what happens to the 2 years payment protection that we are supposed to be on (as i was under the impression that it was supposed to cover us until our appeals had been heard?).

Thank Post
    If i'm being honest i can just see a massive "no no no" thing going on as from what i have heard, you can't re-appeal if they say no..

Thank Post
    Yeah we have pay protection for 2 years now (not hours protection though). But I see what you say @Xersent - they can just saw no. So what's the point? But so much of the original information was wrong - which we knew and were able to validate (ie job titles etc) so how much of the 'new' information we have been given is potentially incorrect?

Thank Post
    It's been a while since the dreaded "Single Status" raised it's ugly head in these forums, but it now finally seems some movement is happening with the appeals, (at least for us here in Derbyshire anyway).

Long story short I work as a Senior ICT Technician and last November was assimilated against a Science Technician job role as part of SS. Not being happy with this evaluation I registered my intent to appeal. The broad strokes of my argument centered on the scope of my role (the whole school to look after - not just one Science Department) and skillset (ever changing technology = constant learning curve). My appeals pack finally arrived last night, the 9th October, almost a year later! My full-blown appeal is to be detailed and sent back to them by the end of November - so plenty of time then. With the information provided to me in the pack it now seems I am matched against a Design & Technology technician, whose main duty seems is listed as "preparing hand tools and materials for classes..." Oh lordy give me strength...

I just wondered if anyone else has received their letter regarding the Formal Appeals Process (TM)? Also, is it just me or are you going to take great relish in explaining carefully and succinctly to them why this whole process has been a mockery of a sham?

Let battle commence!

Thank Post
    If its being ran anything like it was in Nottinghamshire, treat the appeals panel as hostile as they are not there to help you in any way. I made the mistake thinking that they would be fair but after my appeal it was very clear they had already made their mind up and it was a sham of a meeting.

Thank Post
    Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear that your meeting with the panel didn't go well. I'm expecting The Inquisitor from Red Dwarf to be sat there, lifting up his face mask and saying "Go on then, justify yourself."

Thank Post
    I was meaning to update here too @mulderite.

Glad it's finally moving along. Albeit slowly. I was very frustrated with it all about two weeks ago when they sent a letter saying my case had been reviewed and approved to be moved forward and I had to reply to them to say I wanted them to do that. It's their way of making people lose out - if you forget to send that back by the specified date then tough luck. That is very underhand - I told them I wanted to proceed when I registered my intent to appeal in January.

So I guess you got that letter too? And the pack you have now is the next step?

I was 'filed' against an IT Technician. Basically I 'assist' other people all day long. Not even close...

Is it correct they won't backdate pay? ie if it turns out I should have had a payrise rather than a paycut (hypothetically speaking of course) then I should have had that pay rise last April - it's their mistake I didn't. However I heard they won't backdate that if it's the case? Which is appalling if it's true.

Thank Post
    @mulderite I have been through SS at Derbyshire LA stretching back to 2007 and more recently through Schools

I am sceptical about the whole process and left the Unions at the time based on their lack of backing/Support and guidance to their members! Anyway bottom line is they will have a finite pot of money for successful appeals, if it is deemed your role is to go up say £1500 per year, this is obviously multiplied by however many or IT Technicans in that job family, if this is not financially beneficial to the Council you wont succeed.

Did you know that appeals can regrade your money down? We were told that even if you signed your acceptance of the job role, but someone else in your job role appealed and it went down, you would also go down.

Glad I work for an Academy now
    Last edited by mark80; 10th October 2014 at 01:05 PM.

Thank Post
    Yes I have the pack so will work on expanding on my appeal this weekend. May as well eh?

In terms of backdating pay, I honestly have no idea how that works. I suppose it would be the school's decision whether or not to do that once they get the (hopefully) revised grade recommended back to them?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mulderite View Post
    Yes I have the pack so will work on expanding on my appeal this weekend. May as well eh?

In terms of backdating pay, I honestly have no idea how that works. I suppose it would be the school's decision whether or not to do that once they get the (hopefully) revised grade recommended back to them?
    But had that been the original decision then it would've gone up. Why should we 'pay' because they got it wrong? But no-one will listen to us. Or give us information. The union have disappeared it seems, I haven't heard from them. In fact, did I hear something about a strike day shortly? I heard nothing from Unison - I don't even know what it's over? :-/

Thank Post
    From what I believe (on speaking with my union rep and also a friend of mine who works for DCC children and young adults department) it will be back paid from april.
    @mulderite would it be possible please if i could see a copy of what you send back? as i myself am appealing for the senior ICT position (as there is only myself and a network manager for all 3 sites) I would be interested into how you word it. i think my initial appeal form was a bit... well lets just say unpleasant

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Novalee View Post
    But had that been the original decision then it would've gone up. Why should we 'pay' because they got it wrong? But no-one will listen to us. Or give us information. The union have disappeared it seems, I haven't heard from them. In fact, did I hear something about a strike day shortly? I heard nothing from Unison - I don't even know what it's over? :-/
    thestrike was because we werent hearing anything i believe from DCC but since they released this formal appeal form they have suspended the strike.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xersent View Post
    thestrike was because we werent hearing anything i believe from DCC but since they released this formal appeal form they have suspended the strike.
    Thanks for that @Xersent. Also I am glad to hear there should be back pay. This is the problem at the moment - everything is hearsay. There were meetings every 5 minutes before the original 'letters' were issued a year ago, but since then, the communication has dropped off a lot.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast