+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
General Chat Thread, "single status" is about to hit Derbyshire - salary after "single status"? in General; Thanks I have the appeals form, our business manager emailed it to everyone a few weeks back. But the information ...

Thank Post
    Thanks I have the appeals form, our business manager emailed it to everyone a few weeks back. But the information on my job description etc. is less than helpful. I know what other people have received and they have received 3 documents - I received 1, one page long, document.

Thank Post
    I was told that the job descriptions were more like a template from different schools. Mine is just 2 sheets of A4 without any sort of county logo, yet several I've seen that others here have had were covered in them. I've had to appeal mine as it barely covers the basics of what I do let alone mentions the numerous primary schools I visit and support.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Novalee View Post
    Has anyone recieved their benchmark job information? I think the IT technician one has gone astray - I received a one page document 'Job evaluation rationale' and that is all. There are 5 (small) lines of text which I am supposedly supposed to appeal on. Not sure how though as there isn't the information?
    Yes received mine. Art and design technician stuff. Nothing to do it IT at all what a joke!

Thank Post
    I've been graded a mixture of grade 6 and grade 7 for doing the same job at different schools. I've appealed on the grade 6's on the grounds that I have been benchmarked against the wrong post. I put stuff about how an Art & Design Technician maintains and prepares equipment for one department, whereas an ICT Technician maintains the whole school network, and also has to have negotiation, troubleshooting and planning skills as well as extensive technical knowledge.

I didn't ask for a job description to appeal against though ... didn't think it would get me anywhere! I am just sending my forms in.

Thank Post
    That crazy Kaph! Well I am doing my appeal as well. Does anyone have the job description for senior ICT technician?

Thank Post
    No job descriptions, nope, but I know that if I had gone to Grade 8 (as one school wanted me to), we would have had to rewrite my job description to show I was a "Senior" IT Tech, not just an IT Tech at Grade 7.

I think the more you can demonstrate you do more than just fix stuff reactively (e.g. recommend new purchases, negotiate with suppliers for discounts, maintain network security etc) then the better chance you have of persuading them to get it right!

7. Thanks to kaphc from:

Novalee (16th December 2013)

Thank Post
    I have been graded as IT technician at grade 6. Which is feel is inaccurate. Have you seen the 'grid' that some people have received showing all jobs and levels etc.?
    Last edited by Novalee; 16th December 2013 at 11:11 AM.

Thank Post
    Novalee, I will PM you.

Thank Post
    I got the JD for the Senior ICT Tech (as my Network manager was benchmarked against that as apposed to myself, who ended up with Data coordinator and Sims Assessment!!) PM me if you need a copy

11. Thanks to Xersent from:

Novalee (31st January 2014)

Thank Post
    Our IT Technician was graded against the SIMS Data Co-ordinator (which I believe is Scale 5). Myself (as a Senior IT Technician) was graded against a Senior Science Technician, of which I have the job description if anyone would like that one too! SURPISINGLY there is no mention of IT in that job description. Weird that innit??

It's been very quiet on here about Single Status.. I'm guessing everyone has posted off their appeals and are just waiting...and waiting... and waiting.

Would have been nice to have at least gotten an acknowledgement letter about my appeal - but so far I've had Sweet Fanny.

We will never surrender!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mulderite View Post
    Our IT Technician was graded against the SIMS Data Co-ordinator (which I believe is Scale 5). Myself (as a Senior IT Technician) was graded against a Senior Science Technician, of which I have the job description if anyone would like that one too! SURPISINGLY there is no mention of IT in that job description. Weird that innit??

It's been very quiet on here about Single Status.. I'm guessing everyone has posted off their appeals and are just waiting...and waiting... and waiting.

Would have been nice to have at least gotten an acknowledgement letter about my appeal - but so far I've had Sweet Fanny.

We will never surrender!
    That's interesting Mulderite - I'd check they received it - we all seemed to get our acknowledgment letters on the same day, the beginning of January sometime. It would be nice to know what's going on now though - just sitting about and waiting - no idea what's supposed to happen next?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Novalee View Post
    That's interesting Mulderite - I'd check they received it - we all seemed to get our acknowledgment letters on the same day, the beginning of January sometime. It would be nice to know what's going on now though - just sitting about and waiting - no idea what's supposed to happen next?
    From what I can gather, the appeals are dealt with in two stages. Stage 1 is a screening process whereby a panel will review each appeal to determine if there are valid grounds for the appeal to move forward. If the appeal is rejected by the panel, the employee will be informed and that will be the end of it (there is no further appeal). If an appeal is screened and there are grounds for a further review, it is then moved onto Stage 2 whereby a further, and presumably more comprehensive appeal letter, will need to be written and this will go before the panel. The employee may even be called in person to justify their argument.

I've found this document which details the process in more detail: http://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/images/...m44-114817.pdf

It's a bit thin on plot though.. no shoot-outs and no car chases anywhere

Thank Post
    From what I have heard there isn't anything decided yet as they are still in talks with UNISON about the appeals process, tho the one that you have linked there would be a good option i think the whole "if first panel don't agree then you cant re-appeal" is a load of poo if they have made such a cock-up of this from the start!

Thank Post
    So - payslips are out. Pay is (should be in) in banks. How is it looking?

Mine has gone up oddly (SS says I go down in 2 years) - but 5 years services this month so could be that - need to compare to last months pay slip.

I like how they've sectioned off our 'protected pay' :-(

Thank Post
    Yeah, Got mine, Minimal difference to what i was on, like literally pennies... but it will be until the appeals go through.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast