+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, "single status" is about to hit Derbyshire - salary after "single status"? in General; Good luck!...

Thank Post
    Good luck!

Thank Post
    Thanks, and congrats on your pay rise! It's great to see IT support staff being acknowledged and rewarded for what they do.

3. Thanks to kaphc from:

ekuL-YTKD- (11th November 2013)

Thank Post
    I've spoken to County HR this morning as my job still shows as going through QA as well. They have advised that all the jobs going through further QA should be resolved by tomorrow and contracts should be sent out by close of business tomorrow. So I'm hoping mine will arrive in the post on Friday.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kaphc View Post
    I've spoken to County HR this morning as my job still shows as going through QA as well. They have advised that all the jobs going through further QA should be resolved by tomorrow and contracts should be sent out by close of business tomorrow. So I'm hoping mine will arrive in the post on Friday.
    They told us we should definitely receive them by tomorrow...

Thank Post
    Still nothing...

Thank Post
    Has anyone else had there's? I'm a IT Tech and have been put on grade six. Assimilated post is 'art & design technician' :S

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasBrentnall View Post
    Has anyone else had there's? I'm a IT Tech and have been put on grade six. Assimilated post is 'art & design technician' :S
    I am still waiting. So basically they are paying you as an art technician? Did these people even read the job title or just look at technician?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Novalee View Post
    I am still waiting. So basically they are paying you as an art technician? Did these people even read the job title or just look at technician?
    Still? Have they extended the time for you to return it then? Yes pretty much, my job title has also changed from 'ICT Technician' to just 'Technician', which it's fair to say I'm not happy about.

A art technician only has responsibility for one department, whereas I have responsibility for the whole school. I'm also in charge of our PA system, and all the audio equipment as well.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 731 Posts
    How can the Job Description bear any resemblance to the tasks you carry out in your role as an IT Technician? Currently going through the final stages of JE here in MK. HTs here had 3 levels of IT Technician Role Profiles to choose from.

Thank Post
    Still? Have they extended the time for you to return it then? Yes pretty much, my job title has also changed from 'ICT Technician' to just 'Technician', which it's fair to say I'm not happy about.

A art technician only has responsibility for one department, whereas I have responsibility for the whole school. I'm also in charge of our PA system, and all the audio equipment as well.
    Extended to the 28th. So a week from today. Hoping the letter is just delayed in the post and will arrive today.

How is it I have seen 3 different job titles in this thread alone for the same job? I just can't understand that. Has anyone actually been given the job title of ICT technician?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYSMAN_MK View Post
    How can the Job Description bear any resemblance to the tasks you carry out in your role as an IT Technician? Currently going through the final stages of JE here in MK. HTs here had 3 levels of IT Technician Role Profiles to choose from.
    That's the thing, it doesn't. The art tech here is responsible for getting equipment ready for lessons. It makes no sense! Is that Junior Tech, Tech and Senior Tech?

I was hoping that it would be the same here.

Extended to the 28th. So a week from today. Hoping the letter is just delayed in the post and will arrive today.

How is it I have seen 3 different job titles in this thread alone for the same job? I just can't understand that. Has anyone actually been given the job title of ICT technician?
    That isn't fair, if it arrives today you only have a week to sort it out then if it's wrong? :/ The network manager here sent out a poll to all the schools in derbyshire. There was someone on there who had been given the title of ICT Technician, on Grade 7

I know of 5 network managers in Derbyshire, all on three different grades. Some also have different job titles, some are Network Manager. The others are ICT Network Manager.

I thought single status was supposed to put everyone on a level playing field?!

Thank Post
    That isn't fair, if it arrives today you only have a week to sort it out then if it's wrong? :/ The network manager here sent out a poll to all the schools in derbyshire. There was someone on there who had been given the title of ICT Technician, on Grade 7

I know of 5 network managers in Derbyshire, all on three different grades. Some also have different job titles, some are Network Manager. The others are ICT Network Manager.

I thought single status was supposed to put everyone on a level playing field?!
    I imagine there will be some slight differences between salaries as an IT tech in one school will have different things to do than an IT tech in another school, but I would expect them to be around the same area still, they can't really vary that much.

If I get my letter today, I don't know if it will be correct or not. Does it say on there what your assimilated post is or do you have to call and find out? Is there a copy of the job description?
    Either way we have to sign it though - which is wrong, you shouldn't have to sign a document which is clearly incorrect (ie. having you down as an art technician instead of IT).

Thank Post
    I imagine there will be some slight differences between salaries as an IT tech in one school will have different things to do than an IT tech in another school, but I would expect them to be around the same area still, they can't really vary that much.
    Don't you believe it! Our LA went through this a few years back and, first of all, they wanted to cut my salary by about £10k. School fought my corner and I ended up staying as I was. Apparently, they put me down as a level 1 tech instead of a level 4! Big difference in job description... and salary.

Thank Post
    Hopefully I can shed a bit more light on the process. I'm a 'Senior ICT Technician' at a school in Chesterfield and have been assimilated (not seen any Borg yet) as a Senior Science Technician at Grade 7. In our department there is myself, an ICT Network Manager and a Junior Technician. Our Junior Teccie has been assimilated as a 'SIMS Data analyst' to Grade 5. I'm going to appeal their decision but have had a lot of trouble actually getting any information together. I tried ringing the 01629 number that is mentioned in the "Job Evaluation" section of the letter and spoke to a rather brusque lady who said that she could only send me the Job Description Questionnaire to which I had been slotted to. When I asked if I could also be sent the Job Description and Person Specification I got an abrupt "I don't have that I'm sorry" So then I asked if she could give me the contact details of someone who CAN provide the rest of the information and I got the response "No." Good innit??

I have since unearthed an email address that you can all use to request the relevant documentation used in your slotting & matching , which will help with your appeal...

cayaissisteam@derbyshire.gov.uk

For me personally, it seems all they have done as part of my single status review is to read my job title and match me to the nearest one on their list without taking into account the contents of my actual job description. How I can be graded as a science technician, who only has responsibility to a handful of teachers and one department whereas I have a responsibility to ALL staff (and students) and must look after the ICT requirements of EVERY department in the school, is beyond me. It also seems that the appeal form you can send off for is just to register your intent to appeal - there is no point going into huge detail as to why you feel you've been incorrectly graded at this point (or so I've been told). Of course, the actual appeals process is still being finalised, with a date of December 2015 being cited as a date when 'consideration of all appeals will be concluded'. So don't hold your breath!

It's a travesty of a mockery of a sham..
    Last edited by mulderite; 21st November 2013 at 03:40 PM.

Thank Post

If I get my letter today, I don't know if it will be correct or not. Does it say on there what your assimilated post is or do you have to call and find out? Is there a copy of the job description?
    Either way we have to sign it though - which is wrong, you shouldn't have to sign a document which is clearly incorrect (ie. having you down as an art technician instead of IT).
    Yeah it's fair enough slight variations, however between grade 9-11 it's a £8000 difference, When single status is supposed to even all of this out!

Yes assimilated post is on there, along with job title. What is your current job title? There is no job description at all included.

Yeah it's really silly. With me being young (19) this is going to affect me when I go on to my next job and in my experience it just says 'Technician'

Quote Originally Posted by mulderite View Post
    Hopefully I can shed a bit more light on the process. I'm a 'Senior ICT Technician' at a school in Chesterfield and have been assimilated (not seen any Borg yet) as a Senior Science Technician at Grade 7. In our department there is myself, an ICT Network Manager and a Junior Technician. Our Junior Teccie has been assimilated as a 'SIMS Data analyst' to Grade 5. I'm going to appeal their decision but have had a lot of trouble actually getting any information together. I tried ringing the 01629 number that is mentioned in the "Job Evaluation" section of the letter and spoke to a rather brusque lady who said that she could only send me the Job Description Questionnaire to which I had been slotted to. When I asked if I could also be sent the Job Description and Person Specification I got an abrupt "I don't have that I'm sorry" So then I asked if she could give me the contact details of someone who CAN provide the rest of the information and I got the response "No." Good innit??

I have since unearthed an email address that you can all use to request the relevant documentation used in your slotting & matching , which will help with your appeal...

cayaissisteam@derbyshire.gov.uk

For me personally, it seems all they have done as part of my single status review is to read my job title and match me to the nearest one on their list without taking into account the contents of my actual job description. How I can be graded as a science technician, who only has responsibility to a handful of teachers and one department whereas I have a responsibility to ALL staff (and students) and must look after the ICT requirements of EVERY department in the school, is beyond me. It also seems that the appeal form you can send off for is just to register your intent to appeal - there is no point going into huge detail as to why you feel you've been incorrectly graded at this point (or so I've been told). Of course, the actual appeals process is still being finalised, with a date of December 2015 being cited as a date when 'consideration of all appeals will be concluded'. So don't hold your breath!

It's a travesty of a mockery of a sham..
    Thanks for the email address.

Yeah it seems the same as me. Saw the word 'Technician' in my job title and slotted me in to group 6. Yes this is exactly what I'm thinking, I answer to the whole school not just one department!

Of course, the actual appeals process is still being finalised, with a date of December 2015 being cited as a date when 'consideration of all appeals will be concluded'.
    Both me and the network manager was reading this at the same time, and both let out a big "WHAT" while reading this. It's ridiculous.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast