+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, HAAAAAAAALP! in General; Originally Posted by bossman @ X-13 : When no-one is on the network go to your DC and go to ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,953 Times in 1,351 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bossman View Post
    @X-13:

When no-one is on the network go to your DC and go to services.msc and scroll to RMPostgres.SQL and restart the service, it will also restart 2 other services, when these are all backup and running scroll to RMHost service and restart that also.

This should create a new cache of the database and the RMMC should come backup with all the information data.

Let me know how you get on.

As for removing a printer, just go to the server where you installed it and delete it, it will disappear from the RMMC printer OU but you must undeploy it first in the RMMC from the workstations or Room OU that you have deployed it too in the first place. Oh! don't forget when you on the server in Start>printers and faxes right click in the white space and go to the print server and delete the port for that printer also.

Hope you get sorted
    Hmm... I'm not around when people aren't on the network.

And there isn't anyone I'd trust to do it... [Not BOFH, just non techy staff.]

Also, I totally didn't forget to unassign the printer...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,953 Times in 1,351 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Attachment 16362

IT HAPPENED AGAIN! [Nobody knows how it was fixed... It kind of just started working again.]

copy+pasta from RMMC when trying to get into the registry settings.

An Error occured getting the type names. Error is Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {DE1BF97F-D895-49B3-9B90-9ABCD7BE6AEA} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 80070534.
    One of our netbooks has been stuck on "installing software" since 14:50 yesterday... [Just after I left... It's like it was waiting for me to go.]

God damn RM PoS network management carp.

Oh well, nothing left to do other than restart the server during the school day...

Le EDIT: NOW I CAN'T EVEN LOG INTO RMMC!!! [Failed to contact server... from the server.]
    Last edited by X-13; 14th December 2012 at 09:52 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information