Poll: So, who is going to be the new President of the US?

+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
General Chat Thread, US Election 2012 - Who's it going to be? in General; I'm in the "re-elect the devil we know" camp on this one. They both worry me, but Romney worries me ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,197 Times in 1,624 Posts
    I'm in the "re-elect the devil we know" camp on this one. They both worry me, but Romney worries me more.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    Does it really matter, its the same evil just wearing different faces.
    You want to see evil? Look across the Pacific. There, over a billion people are having their new leaders appointed with no reference to the needs or liberties of those people. Look at the EU. Across the entire European subcontinent, people are losing their jobs, their pensions, their houses, to prop up a system of governance that has no regard for the people it governs.

Evil isn't crappy politicians fighting for your vote. Evil is politicians not having to care about your vote.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rich_tech View Post
    I think whoever wins, doesn't really matter, America is in big trouble economically, their debt isn't really serviceable and America seems too divided over it all to come up with any sort of creditable solution, because their senate / representative houses basically counteract one another at the moment.
    This is definitely true. I think it was Churchill that said that America will always do the right thing once it has exhausted all other options.

It seemed all along that they conspired to make it hard for Obama from the moment he was voted into office, It would be interesting if he got a bit more of a majority this time around when those houses get voted for, to see if he can actually make more effective change.
    Isn't this the first Republican-controlled congress in 60 years? It's pretty weak, IMO, to blame the Republican congress for Obama's failings. How did republican presidents manage for the last 6 decades?

Can't talk now: The mother-ship is calling!
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,291 Times in 882 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Obama would get my vote if I were voting over there.

Thank Post
    The marginal polls yesterday showed Obama 50% Romney 48%. I'm with the other 2%.

Thank Post
    As long a Romney and his magic underwear doesn't get in power, I'm happy!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't be surprised if Obama wins in the same way as Al Gore won in 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatpackhamster View Post
    I don't know who would be more offended by that, the Tea Party or the Lib Dems. And the Democrats are, politically, much closer to the Tories. There's no Republican equivalent in the UK, nor is there a US equivalent to Labour or the Lib Dems.
    It's interesting just how conservative the yanks are. The choice is Tory (Obama), Ultra-Conservative (Romney), We're so conservative even the Armish wonder if we've gone too far to the right (Tea Party).

Here we get the choice of Tory (Tory), Tory-light (Labour), We don't want to be Tory but everyone else is (Lib Dem).

8. 2 Thanks to tmcd35:

LeMarchand (6th November 2012), LosOjos (6th November 2012)

Thank Post
    after seeing many video's of Romney and Obama, also supporters of both men, I can say Id rather Obama gets voted in again.

Romney and his supporters seemed to be really out there with things they believe that Obama is! I watch one video with Romney supporters saying this

Supporter: Obama's father is a muslim, his father is a christian and his father is an athiest

Reporter: so which one is Obama?

Supporter: all three because God told me that when I spoke to him.

I know the above isnt much to do with the election with it being more of a remark about Obama's family and it was a fundamentalist christian (my guess from video) saying this.

It does make me laugh that the american thought this and how caught up in everything else he said which didnt have much believable sense.

*disclaimer: I dont have a problem with any relgious person or relgion*

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I swear, if i wake up and that Romney is in charge, me and America are going to have words..

I don't imagine Obama is squeeky clean, but he certainly doesn't come out with the utter rubbish that the other one does!

Thank Post
    looking at this Poll so far, I wish Edugeekers had the vote

Thank Post
    I see Obama would win the Edugeek presidency by a long way. Perhaps wishful thinking...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatpackhamster View Post
    This is definitely true. I think it was Churchill that said that America will always do the right thing once it has exhausted all other options.

Isn't this the first Republican-controlled congress in 60 years? It's pretty weak, IMO, to blame the Republican congress for Obama's failings. How did republican presidents manage for the last 6 decades?
    because the democrate will work with people in power the republicans stated that their aim was to get Obama out and not let him pass anything. Notice their aim wasnt to improve america or moderate what they percieve as obamas willder policies but just to vote anything down (this includesfor example paying towards medical expenses for the 1st responders at the world trade centre for example somwthing that SHOULD get the support of every person regardless of political leanings)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 798 Posts
    I'd go Obama, but I have a horrible sinking feeling Romney is going to clinch/somehow steal it. Can I remind everybody that we're talking about a country that put George W Bush in power twice?! Although admittedly, against John Kerry, he may actually have been (I can't believe I'm saying this) the better choice...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_C View Post
    I see Obama would win the Edugeek presidency by a long way. Perhaps wishful thinking...

The vote was phrased "who is going to be.." rather than "who do you want to be..." so I wouldn't read too much into it ....
    Last edited by flyinghaggis; 6th November 2012 at 03:33 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,455 Times in 1,899 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LosOjos View Post
    I'd go Obama, but I have a horrible sinking feeling Romney is going to clinch/somehow steal it. Can I remind everybody that we're talking about a country that put George W Bush in power twice?! Although admittedly, against John Kerry, he may actually have been (I can't believe I'm saying this) the better choice...
    Romney is a investor/owner of one of the companies that make the voting machines used in lots of the states... Gather what you will from this!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast