+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Council Pay Reform in General; Hi all! Just wondering if anyone has seen anything happen with this council pay reform that was meant to happen ...

Thank Post

Council Pay Reform

Hi all!

Just wondering if anyone has seen anything happen with this council pay reform that was meant to happen in June?

Basically it was to compare pay from schools support staff t similar jobs in the Council etc.

I haven't heared anything nor seen any pay changes. Will be asking the
    accounts lady when she is back from holiday!

Thanks in advace
    Chris

Thank Post

Re: Council Pay Reform

It was delayed here till September. That was the 3rd (?) delay, so I'm less than optimistic. Even less so about actually getting a rise. A one man strike action might be in order :-P.

Thank Post

one man strike must considered at least once a week!

I assume this is seperate to the cost of living increase that we're due? has anyone recieved this since april? Apparently we dont even know how much the increase is. I think last year it was 2.6, in line with inflation, but this year the rumor is it'll be less - more like what the nurses got.

any ideas?

Thank Post

I know in Birmingham the negotiaions for the cost of living increase are ongoing, so nothing is decided yet. I think last I heard the unions were talking about 5% and the council were at about 2% so some way to go yet.

The only good thing is that is should be back dated when it happens - so the longer it goes on the more noticeable it will be for the month you get it!

Thank Post

that's true, if they drag it out for a year it'll almost add up to the cost of a pint! ooo, two levels of political irony there, i mush have eaten something funny....

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,463 Posts

This is nothing to do with the cost of living increase that has still yet to be agreed between Norfolk County Council and the Unions.

This is what they are calling the "Modern Reward Strategy" if you haven't heard anything then whoever is receiving the information in your school is not passing it on.

At the moment they are planning on sending out the letters detailing your new job description and pay in september.

Any pay increases will be back dated from april which is when it was supposed to be implemented.

Any pay drops will not be back dated.

Yoru pay will be protected at it's current level for a specific length of time which hasn't been announcec yet.

After the letters are sent out the unions will ballot their members on wether we agree with the new pay scales.

Ben

Thank Post

Oh, it's just happening in norfolk is it? We had the Hay Evaluation about 5 years ago in leics (apparently), so i'm assuming we're not having another one....

Do they take into account the norfolk gene puddle? you get more pay the more genetically unique you are, in comparison to the 2 bloodlines that exist on the fens?

hehehe!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,463 Posts

Hehe very good.

It has happened elsewhere as well and people have allready completed it but I'm just passing on the information that has come from Norfolk as the original poster is also from Norfolk.

I don't know if the ones that have allready been through it will be comparable to the pay scales norfolk comes out with.

Ben

Thank Post

Im pig sick of it all. still not had cost of living increased. and as for job evaluation.... still going on

Thank Post

Apparently the one that happened here in leics saw many low paid workers wages going up, and a few going down - many staying the same.... Those who's wage went down however, apparently appealed the decision, and the majority (so i'm told) were successful in thier appeals.

the reason for all the uses of 'apparently' is that i wasn't actually resident in leics back then, so it's only what i've been told...

Thank Post

Yes.. up here it's called "PARIS" - pay and reward something or other. The woman who came in from the council did a powerpoint presentation and it was watermarked with the Eifel tower. Very cheesy.

Anyway. Basically they do an assessment on the job you do (as opposed to the job description). As the previous poster, based on this info your pay can go either way. If this is true then I am due a hefty payrise But I doubt this will materialise.

We have heard nothing for over 3 months. It is all supposed to be finalised by January as the council could be liable for pay-related discrimination claims against them otherwise. I don't see all the consultations, interviews, pay changes, backlash, appeals.. etc going through by then

Thank Post

A lot of the Scottish councils have gone through a similar thing (called Single Status here). Most IT people have had their salaries cut, including myself although my Headteacher is appealing on my behalf in October when we're permitted (yes permitted) to know HOW they rated our jobs.

One thing that was rather nice is that a comparible job in the councils central IT department has been given the same and lower scale than mine, hinting that the level of skill to do the job is slightly less than mine.

However I get no more pay rises for 4 years as I'm not over my pay scale. I've been let off lightly, some of our IT workers in the council have now found out that after the 4 year conservation their salaries will drop by up to £9,000. Most however are losing between £1,000 and £3,000.

Good luck chaps! Amusingly my boss and most managers (am I not a manager?) have recieved rather good wage rises as has most people with "senior" in their titles, with the exception of senior technicians!

I can't wait to see how they rated my job..

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    one man strike must considered at least once a week!

I assume this is seperate to the cost of living increase that we're due? has anyone recieved this since april? Apparently we dont even know how much the increase is. I think last year it was 2.6, in line with inflation, but this year the rumor is it'll be less - more like what the nurses got.

any ideas?
    Hi Adam

Currently in Leicestershire the cost of living is being decided initial offer from unions was I think 2.5 % plus increase of paid holidays from standard 22 to 25 or those already on 25 or above get 3 more holiday days.

But as most public sector wages (ironey including teachers wages) lea wants to follow government line of a max of 2% for public sector increases.

At moment unions still talking to lea etc so it is wait and see game..

Russell

Thank Post

If they are introducing a standardised pay scheme across L(E)As, this it would be nice to see what these figures are.

I'm after getting a pay rise/promotion at work, and I'd like to know what I should (can) get paid... or at least con out of them

Thank Post

It was called Pay & Benefits here - I work for a foundation school and therefore we havent heard a thing yet.

I think the idea is that a (male or female) Person B in Taunton will responsibilites X Y Z will get the same pay as a male or female person in say, Norfolk. (This of course, excludes london weighting)

Kyle

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast