+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, MOVEMBER in General; please sponsor us Morning all, Being the gluttons for punishment that us ICT Support lot are, we have all signed ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Cool MOVEMBER

please sponsor us

Morning all,

Being the gluttons for punishment that us ICT Support lot are, we have all signed up to take part in Movember. For those of you that do not know what this is, it is a month long fundraiser raising money for Prostate and Testicular Cancer charities, and the rules are simple:

Each Mo Bro must begin the 1st of Movember with a clean shaven face. For the entire month each Mo Bro must grow and groom a moustache. There is to be no joining of the mo to the sideburns (thatís considered a beard), thereís to be no joining of the handlebars to the chin (thatís considered a goatee) and each Mo Bro must conduct himself like a true gentleman.

The challenge ends at the end on the 30th of November. As a department, we are all going to undertake this challenge and will each grow as impressive a Ďmoí as we possibly can! Myself, Kev, Paul and Dan will all be grooming what we hope will be impressive moustaches throughout November, and whilst Hannah is at a bit of a disadvantage she will still be taking part and sporting a varying range of moustaches throughout the month.

What we ask of you is simple: help us raise as much money as we possibly can! We have each set up a sponsor page, as well as a sponsor page for the team, and the links are below:

Chris: Movember United Kingdom - Home
    Paul: Movember United Kingdom - Home
    Kev: Movember United Kingdom - Home
    Dan: Movember United Kingdom - Home
    Hannah: Movember United Kingdom - Home
    The Team: Movember United Kingdom - Get Contact list

You can either donate to whichever of us is your favourite or, if you love us all equally, you can donate to the teamís fund. If you prefer to donate to us in person, then we have sponsor forms in the office so pop in and see us.

We will be taking photos throughout the month to document the momentous growth that will be taking place! Please consider sponsoring us and giving whatever you can, it is all for some very good causes. More details can be found at the Movember website, Movember United Kingdom - Home

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    come on ppl support us!!

Thank Post
    Yep, we are doing Movember again here this year. Got to decide which look I'm gonna go for. Got a school team, going to try and get weekly updates to put on the website and really publicize it.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    what is your team name

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,131 Times in 1,027 Posts
    Did it last year and raised a fair bit of money. I'm doing the Great South Run this year - 10 miles around Portsmouth on Sunday.

Thank Post
    We're doing it here but its already contentious and has different factions. The official line is that we all have to be clean shaven on Friday before we break up. I've already made a canny start by getting a beard - ready to shave off and leave a mo for the length of November which will only improve and mature into something magnificent rather than the 'lashed with a dirty skippy rope' look. A months growth isn't going to yield a mighty tash. I've been told this is wrong but most of the other bros are going for beards! I can't because the bits at the corner of my mouth don't grow. Really we're both wrong but if they think beards are OK, then I'm not shaving the tash. Is there a tash ombudsman to write to before this descends into sectarian violence and war?

Thank Post
    As I already sport a killer(?) tache/goatee combo, I will be taking part in Movember with a modification. I will not be shaving at all, and it will be called Facevember.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Oaktech View Post
    As I already sport a killer(?) tache/goatee combo, I will be taking part in Movember with a modification. I will not be shaving at all, and it will be called Facevember.
    This could get messy. One or two of the bros already have a tash. If the beardy-shavey sect hear about this god knows what will happen. Night of long razors and all that.

9. Thanks to JamesDonkin from:

Oaktech (24th October 2012)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    LOVE IT!!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread