+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, My question of the day in General; Well... Centrastage has just gone tits up, so I cant work at the moment, so I thought I would ask ...

Thank Post

Question My question of the day

Well... Centrastage has just gone tits up, so I cant work at the moment, so I thought I would ask my question of the day..

I have been toying with the idea for a while to get a PS Vita, not really a huge games fan play every now and again, so wanted to know what people on here think of it? what else you use it for etc etc before I go and get one.

TIA

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Blog Entries
    PSVita is pretty expensive so, it ultimately depends on what games you want. [The games are also quite expensive.]

You can watch movies and play music on it as well, but if that's all you really want, just get a smartphone. [you also have free games.]

Personally, I went with the 3DS. But, thats because it has exclusives I want. [Pokemanz, Zelda, Monster Hunter.]

Thank Post
    I have one.. and if a friend was to ask me like one did recently if they should buy one my advice would be YES so the games get better.... as more people buy the developers will see and improve and get some more games out for it...

But then I would also advice them that if they want to be playing games from the off with it then NO avoid it... (don't get me wrong there are some cracking titles for it) but there just isnt enough titles to warrant spending near 200 on a gaming handheld...

Graphics wise it will trounce the 3DS no end.. but I think the 3DS struggles with the same issue...

I think tablets and phones are taking up a lot of peoples spare time where they would have had 5mins to play on a PS Vita or a 3DS now they just check their facebook and have a quick bash on a mobile game instead.

Just buy a Google Nexus 7

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepy View Post
    Graphics wise it will trounce the 3DS no end.. but I think the 3DS struggles with the same issue...
    Gameplay > Graphics.

After a certain point, "moar graffikz[!]" becomes pointless.

For example, Xbox360+PS3 have some beautifull games. The next gen is getting more graphics [supposedly] when there is no need for it.

3DS may have less graphics processing than the Vita, but it's fine.

Thank Post
    I second @Sheepy, get a nexus 7 - especially since they've released at 32gb version. [it's an android tablet] [sorry couldn't help myself]

Thank Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys.. Think its time to go out and get one this evening :-) Hello new toy for me...

Quote Originally Posted by tommej View Post
    I second @Sheepy, get a nexus 7 - especially since they've released at 32gb version. [it's an android tablet] [sorry couldn't help myself]
    Think I will stick to my IOS devices... Dont like android... *Yuck*

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    Gameplay > Graphics.

After a certain point, "moar graffikz[!]" becomes pointless.

For example, Xbox360+PS3 have some beautifull games. The next gen is getting more graphics [supposedly] when there is no need for it.

3DS may have less graphics processing than the Vita, but it's fine.
    I would have to disagree that the Game play is any better than it is on the Vita.. if anything I would say that the Vita has more of an appeal to an older gamer... I think the 3DS limits itself to Youner/Kids and that's what makes it struggle a little.. Also Nintendo holding back game releases so that they have one/two games a month coming out holds it back some more again.

This does fall down to each to their own... I bought a PS Vita with all intensions of playing it non stop.. yet I could probably say I have played it for roughly ten hours.. and that is an over exaggeration...

It's your money it's your choice... I would hazard a guess that in a few days/week or two you will be wondering why you spent so much on a brilliant piece of already out of date tech... Because in my opinion the world has moved on from handheld gaming

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepy View Post
    It's your money it's your choice... I would hazard a guess that in a few days/week or two you will be wondering why you spent so much on a brilliant piece of already out of date tech... Because in my opinion the world has moved on from handheld gaming
    I was actually thinking when i hit the submit on my last post, that yes I would get one, but in a weeks time it will be stuck at the bottom of my draws, or given to the nephews like so may other devices. (the newphews have more kit than me these days)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread