I’ve been trying to get App Inventor running ... the list of instructions to get App Inventor running is putting students off. By the way, any USB connections have been disabled so that transferring an app to a mobile device is not possible during the lesson. The instructions are…
1) Gmail account – Remember your login name & password!
2) MIT App Inventor
3) Click on Invent
4) If you get any errors try pressing F5 to refresh the page
5) Click on “Learn” for information on setting up your PC and for tutorials.
6) Open the Blocks Editor (if Explorer objects, select “Download File” then try again)
7) Click “Open” and “Run” when asked.
8) Enter \appinventor when asked for the pathname.
9) From the Blocks Editor click “New Emulator”.
10) Unlock the emulator (virtual phone) then select Connect to Device – Emulator 5554.
11) After a few seconds you should see your app on the emulator.
12) Read the tutorials and create!