+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, BETT 2013 in General; Booked in Fri/Sat nights at Woolwich Travellodge. Just 3 stops round the DLR, so I'll be there on the Sat...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 825 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Booked in Fri/Sat nights at Woolwich Travellodge. Just 3 stops round the DLR, so I'll be there on the Sat

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Looking like i'll be taking the Link2ICT party bus up on the Friday lol!

3. 2 Thanks to Little-Miss:

john (10th January 2013), TheScarfedOne (10th January 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,413 Times in 1,767 Posts
    I shall be there Friday and Saturday for definite. Might make the other days too, it depends....

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Miss View Post
    Looking like i'll be taking the Link2ICT party bus up on the Friday lol!
    Looks like I will be catching that as well... just up the road from me so ideal! See you on the bus!

6. Thanks to jonathon28 from:

Little-Miss (10th January 2013)

Thank Post
    Been looking at the 'How to get there?' stuff and I'm seriously thinking about driving. That'll be on the Friday. Any one got any caveats or recommendations?

Vroom.

Thank Post
    I will be going on the Wednesday and Thursday, might look up places to eat because one set of staff like eating out as oppose to bringing something. I usually just take some snacks to get me through the day.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthling View Post
    Been looking at the 'How to get there?' stuff and I'm seriously thinking about driving. That'll be on the Friday. Any one got any caveats or recommendations?

Vroom.

Beyond... don't do it?!

Seriously, nobody could pay me enough money to make me drive to London on Friday... it's bad enough on a Sunday.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    Beyond... don't do it?!

Seriously, nobody could pay me enough money to make me drive to London on Friday... it's bad enough on a Sunday.
    +1. If I wangle the day out, it'll be a train to St Panc and then either a Boris bike or my own folding bike to the venue (not too bad if you get the bike maps from TfL). If it's forecast to be pi$$ing down, a tube or bus.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Vroom.

Depends were you are coming from. I like to drive to Romford and park up at the multistory there. All zone rail pass does the rest (Main line to Stratford, DLR to the Airport). This time I'm being brave and driving through Romford/Barking and up to the Blackwall tunnel into Woolwich. But then I'll be doing it after work on the Friday so hopefully traffic won't be so bad by the time I get there, and I have all day Sunday to get back...

EDIT:
    [qoute] it'll be a train to St Panc and then either a Boris bike or my own folding bike to the venue[/quote]
    Not a bad idea. Park up in Barking and cycle up through East Ham and Canning Town, it's a nice ride have done it a couple of times. Not sure about leaving my own bike chained up for several hours in central London though...
    Last edited by tmcd35; 10th January 2013 at 04:02 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    Depends were you are coming from. I like to drive to Romford and park up at the multistory there. All zone rail pass does the rest (Main line to Stratford, DLR to the Airport). This time I'm being brave and driving through Romford/Barking and up to the Blackwall tunnel into Woolwich. But then I'll be doing it after work on the Friday so hopefully traffic won't be so bad by the time I get there, and I have all day Sunday to get back...
    Coming from Herts, so it'll either be M1 then all (most of) the way round the North Circular, or M25, M11 and then down the North Circular. I was primarily wondering about parking, which looks pretty good and, of course, getting back up respective m'ways in the afternoon. It can't be as bad (famous last words) as when I was driving from Harpenden to Sidcup/Foot's Cray every day.

Can it?

Thank Post
    Coming from Herts, so it'll either be M1 then all (most of) the way round the North Circular, or M25, M11 and then down the North Circular. I was primarily wondering about parking, which looks pretty good and, of course, getting back up respective m'ways in the afternoon. It can't be as bad (famous last words) as when I was driving from Harpenden to Sidcup/Foot's Cray every day.

Can it?
    In a word.. YES

The M1 and M25 on a Friday evening... YUK!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    North Circular? For the love of $diety don't do it! I've only ever made that mistake once (coming back from Heathrow) - never again! M25 then A12 goes all the way, but again can be a pig. I'd rather cut through Barking/East Ham before joining either A13 or A12 to be honest.

Parking, god knows. Never ever tried that far in. Always stopped at Romford or, at a push, Barking. Is it in or out of the congestion zone?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post

EDIT:
    [qoute] it'll be a train to St Panc and then either a Boris bike or my own folding bike to the venue
    Not a bad idea. Park up in Barking and cycle up through East Ham and Canning Town, it's a nice ride have done it a couple of times. Not sure about leaving my own bike chained up for several hours in central London though...[/QUOTE]

From Travel By Foot
    -----------
    ExCeL London has 60 cycle racks in total.

6 cycle racks are located at the West entrance taxi drop off point just underneath the DLR walkway.

54 cycle racks are located next to the East Entrance underneath the stairway connecting Level 0 to Level 1.

There is no charge to use the cycle racks.
    -----------

No mention of weather or not the racks are in any protected from light fingered lowlife. Bring the biggest lock you've got - and the all others...

Thank Post
    I rarely had any trouble with the M25 on a Friday, used to join it at the Dartford Tunnel (south to north) and seemed to miss all of the really bad jams. From the north side of the crossing, the only problem would be if if I got stuck behind an accident. Yeah, the M1 can be pretty bad round Jcn 8, but I won't use it to get home.

See how I feel on the day, I suppose. I hate public transport, which all stems from the days when I was catching the train from Harpenden to Sidcup/Foot's Cray every day, which I gave up in order to drive there and back every day.

Thank Post
    If you are cycling from Barking, come down the A13 and hang a left at Prince Regents Lane in Plaistow and you will be right on top of it.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast