+ Post New Thread
Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Results 496 to 510 of 585
General Chat Thread, BETT 2013 in General; Originally Posted by rf600 Was there for first time Friday, Walked past the edugeek stand, people eating pizza so didnt ...
  1. #496

    elsiegee40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    11,218
    Thank Post
    1,811
    Thanked 2,224 Times in 1,642 Posts
    Rep Power
    803
    Quote Originally Posted by rf600 View Post
    Was there for first time Friday,
    Walked past the edugeek stand, people eating pizza so didnt want to disturb.

    Too shy for my own good, ran away to the microsoft stand
    Another one! We'll have to turn all the lights off or something or get @X-13 can give a masterclass in how to approach the edugeek stand when shy.

    I wasn't at the stand at Pizza time on Friday... I was in the arena listening to Brian Cox

  2. #497

    X-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    9,175
    Thank Post
    600
    Thanked 1,990 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    837
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    get @X-13 can give a masterclass in how to approach the edugeek stand when shy.
    Yes... Get the shy person to give a lecture...

    I cannot see any potential problems with that.

  3. #498

    witch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    11,386
    Thank Post
    1,403
    Thanked 2,422 Times in 1,699 Posts
    Rep Power
    711
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    At the risk of having my previous statement reflected back...


    Did anyone else see the nun at BETT? [It was either a nun, a really big penguin or a caffine hallucination.]
    Yes, I did, and @bossman was with me so if it was a hallucination then it was a mass one

  4. #499

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    39
    Thank Post
    5
    Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    14
    Wanted to see Brian Cox lecture but the teachers I was with made us late,
    Last edited by rf600; 4th February 2013 at 01:03 PM. Reason: spelling

  5. #500

    elsiegee40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    11,218
    Thank Post
    1,811
    Thanked 2,224 Times in 1,642 Posts
    Rep Power
    803
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    Yes... Get the shy person to give a lecture...

    I cannot see any potential problems with that.
    I said nothing about a lecture @X-13... you were demonstrating ably

  6. #501


    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    6,647
    Thank Post
    229
    Thanked 865 Times in 743 Posts
    Rep Power
    297
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    At the risk of having my previous statement reflected back...


    Did anyone else see the nun at BETT? [It was either a nun, a really big penguin or a caffine hallucination.]
    i saw bees, mad scientists and a horse simulator

  7. #502

    X-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    9,175
    Thank Post
    600
    Thanked 1,990 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    837
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    I said nothing about a lecture @X-13... you were demonstrating ably
    Yet, I couldn't talk to Google, Samsung and 2Simple because there were too many people around.

    And I missed out on a 3rd Frog cup for the same reason. [I found out today they had larger "Frog Primary" ones too. My standard Frog one is too small...]

    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    i saw bees, mad scientists and a horse simulator
    Bee ladies, caped people, a nun, robohorse, various geeks and a tiger [OK, someone in tiger facepaint.]
    Last edited by X-13; 4th February 2013 at 01:09 PM.

  8. #503

    ICTDirect_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ribchester
    Posts
    1,742
    Thank Post
    315
    Thanked 316 Times in 252 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    158
    The Dancing Robots stole the show for me!

  9. #504

    SYNACK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,225
    Thank Post
    875
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,302 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    Rep Power
    780
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box View Post
    Don't mention the camera!

    *pesky ExCel firewall*
    Excuses, we all know it was redacted for the security of the handshake :-)

    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    Another one! We'll have to turn all the lights off or something or get @X-13 can give a masterclass in how to approach the edugeek stand when shy.

    I wasn't at the stand at Pizza time on Friday... I was in the arena listening to Brian Cox
    Perhaps a 'double blind' greeting area where participants are separated by a wall and a chat room setup or more inventively where both are blindfolded. It could help keep that handshake secret too.
    Last edited by SYNACK; 4th February 2013 at 01:20 PM.

  10. #505

    HarryMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bedford
    Posts
    1,134
    Thank Post
    56
    Thanked 217 Times in 164 Posts
    Rep Power
    173
    Was good to have a catch up with @GrumbleDook. Thanks for the new lanyard and bottle opener.

    For those who didn't/couldn't venture across on the cable car, this is what it looked like (the rainy pics are on the way there and the others are on the way back). As well as a few of the surrounding area.

    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gih6ygpcv...ndon Cable Car
    Last edited by HarryMonkey; 4th February 2013 at 01:25 PM.

  11. #506

    Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bromley
    Posts
    4,177
    Thank Post
    217
    Thanked 1,291 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by ICTDirect_Dave View Post
    The Dancing Robots stole the show for me!
    naaaah, definitely this...

    BETT 2013-ladies.jpg

  12. #507

    SYNACK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,225
    Thank Post
    875
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,302 Posts
    Blog Entries
    11
    Rep Power
    780
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenewman View Post
    Was good to have a catch up with @GrumbleDook. Thanks for the new lanyard and bottle opener.

    For those who didn't/couldn't venture across on the cable car, this is what it looked like (the rainy pics are on the way there and the others are on the way back). As well as a few of the surrounding area.

    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gih6ygpcv...ndon Cable Car
    404? I've heard of modern sculpture but...:-)

  13. #508
    DocHouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    brum
    Posts
    734
    Thank Post
    156
    Thanked 85 Times in 77 Posts
    Rep Power
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    At the risk of having my previous statement reflected back...


    Did anyone else see the nun at BETT? [It was either a nun, a really big penguin or a caffine hallucination.]
    I saw a set of bumble bees and a weird dancing robot man, didn't see a nun though :-s

  14. #509

    Little-Miss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,569
    Thank Post
    2,388
    Thanked 754 Times in 462 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    naaaah, definitely this...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ladies.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	113.6 KB 
ID:	17022
    Oh is THAT what he was doing!!!

  15. #510

    ICTDirect_Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Ribchester
    Posts
    1,742
    Thank Post
    315
    Thanked 316 Times in 252 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    naaaah, definitely this...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ladies.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	113.6 KB 
ID:	17022
    Well I don't like to blow my own trumpet...

    Oh is THAT what he was doing!!!
    Are you saying it didn't work?


    hehe, I'll come up with a better face for EDIT

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. BETT 2013
    By Dos_Box in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 18th January 2012, 03:34 PM
  2. BETT 2013
    By DT2 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13th January 2012, 03:41 PM
  3. BETT moves to ExCeL London from 2013
    By russdev in forum BETT 2014
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 22nd June 2011, 10:07 AM
  4. EduGeek hat for BETT
    By ajbritton in forum Comments and Suggestions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10th November 2005, 04:14 PM
  5. i hate sims t-shirt at bett
    By russdev in forum Windows
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 7th November 2005, 06:41 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •