+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 585
General Chat Thread, BETT 2013 in General; No hotel booking for me! i live an hour away so will just get train and tube, I went to ...
  1. #16
    hardtailstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,748
    Thank Post
    519
    Thanked 232 Times in 203 Posts
    Rep Power
    57
    No hotel booking for me! i live an hour away so will just get train and tube, I went to the excel last month so already know the route to get there!

  2. #17

    X-13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    /dev/null
    Posts
    8,854
    Thank Post
    588
    Thanked 1,902 Times in 1,315 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    805
    Quote Originally Posted by hardtailstar View Post
    I went to the excel last month so already know the route to get there!
    Anime convention [MCM Expo/London Comic Con]. I know my way there blindfolded. [And a mate of mine used to live right next to Excel]

  3. #18

    witch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    11,042
    Thank Post
    1,314
    Thanked 2,308 Times in 1,623 Posts
    Rep Power
    692
    I hope to go but as the last two years it will be Sat and at my own expense - which is a lot!
    Unless the stand needs help???? *volunteer*

  4. #19
    jdoyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Republic of Swindon
    Posts
    381
    Thank Post
    60
    Thanked 47 Times in 40 Posts
    Rep Power
    55
    Will be trying the Learning Technologies Show instead of BETT this time around.

  5. #20
    hardtailstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,748
    Thank Post
    519
    Thanked 232 Times in 203 Posts
    Rep Power
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by X-13 View Post
    Anime convention [MCM Expo/London Comic Con]. I know my way there blindfolded. [And a mate of mine used to live right next to Excel]
    Nope, My brother was in the London Triathlon so went to see him.

  6. #21

    elsiegee40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    10,634
    Thank Post
    1,773
    Thanked 2,155 Times in 1,594 Posts
    Rep Power
    767
    Only an hour for me to ExCeL too

  7. #22
    hardtailstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,748
    Thank Post
    519
    Thanked 232 Times in 203 Posts
    Rep Power
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    Only an hour for me to ExCeL too
    where abouts you going from?

  8. #23


    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,217
    Thank Post
    147
    Thanked 237 Times in 163 Posts
    Rep Power
    154
    Is 'getting a ticket' the same as 'registering to attend'?

    I've registered to attend, but whether I'll be able to or not is debateable as my Snr Tech likes to go every year.

    Doesn't come back with anything, goodies, freebies or ideas, but he likes to attend.

    I'd like to come along though, as I'm hoping against hope this will be my last year in EduIT, and I'd like to put faces to nicknames before I leave.

  9. #24

    elsiegee40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    10,634
    Thank Post
    1,773
    Thanked 2,155 Times in 1,594 Posts
    Rep Power
    767
    Yes. When you register to attend you get a badge barcode emailed to you. When you get there, you scan the bar code and it prints off your badge for admission.

    I can never work out how they come up with attendance figures for BETT as so many people have more than one badge registration for their differing roles. All the geeks on the edugeek stand will have both an exhibitors badge and a school badge for example.

    As you make enquiries people zap your badge with hand scanners so they can send you information... it's important the right information goes to the right school usually!

  10. #25


    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,217
    Thank Post
    147
    Thanked 237 Times in 163 Posts
    Rep Power
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    Yes. When you register to attend you get a badge barcode emailed to you. When you get there, you scan the bar code and it prints off your badge for admission.

    I can never work out how they come up with attendance figures for BETT as so many people have more than one badge registration for their differing roles. All the geeks on the edugeek stand will have both an exhibitors badge and a school badge for example.

    As you make enquiries people zap your badge with hand scanners so they can send you information... it's important the right information goes to the right school usually!
    Thanks for that, I'll have to trawl through my Inbox for the bar-code. I remember printing it off a while ago, but it's disappeared somewhere in the office.

    Not so sure about the scanning bit, I'll have to be really selective about the enquiries I make.......I don't want to be inundated with spam from all and sundry.

    What about the Edugeek conference....when's that?

  11. #26

    elsiegee40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    10,634
    Thank Post
    1,773
    Thanked 2,155 Times in 1,594 Posts
    Rep Power
    767
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthling View Post
    Thanks for that, I'll have to trawl through my Inbox for the bar-code. I remember printing it off a while ago, but it's disappeared somewhere in the office.

    Not so sure about the scanning bit, I'll have to be really selective about the enquiries I make.......I don't want to be inundated with spam from all and sundry.

    What about the Edugeek conference....when's that?
    Don't worry about the barcode @Earthling . They'll email it to you another 10 times with advertising nearer the time

    The Conference is held oop North and is an edugeek only do with invited speakers and exhibitors. It's MUCH smaller.
    Last edited by elsiegee40; 16th October 2012 at 03:01 PM.

  12. #27

    elsiegee40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    10,634
    Thank Post
    1,773
    Thanked 2,155 Times in 1,594 Posts
    Rep Power
    767
    ExCeL's own guide to hotels in the area... ExCeL London Visitors Guide | Hotels

    I'd use that alongside Trip Advisor to make sure that paying less means you'll still get a reasonable room!

  13. #28

    GrumbleDook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Gosport, Hampshire
    Posts
    9,921
    Thank Post
    1,332
    Thanked 1,773 Times in 1,100 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    593
    Already registered and will be down for the full week again for a variety of things. I was planning another facepaint Friday but the 2 LearnLive sessions I am involved with are both on Friday ... I think someone has an evil sense of humour!

  14. #29

    elsiegee40's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    10,634
    Thank Post
    1,773
    Thanked 2,155 Times in 1,594 Posts
    Rep Power
    767
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    Already registered and will be down for the full week again for a variety of things. I was planning another facepaint Friday but the 2 LearnLive sessions I am involved with are both on Friday ... I think someone has an evil sense of humour!
    Facepaint Fursday instead @GrumbleDook ?

  15. #30

    GrumbleDook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Gosport, Hampshire
    Posts
    9,921
    Thank Post
    1,332
    Thanked 1,773 Times in 1,100 Posts
    Blog Entries
    19
    Rep Power
    593
    Bring a Tiger to work Thursday? Doesn't have quite the same ring ... I also have my face done as part of the rich fringe experience that goes on at BETT ... but I'm not sure what is happening with things like Collabor8 4 Change and TeachMeet this year ...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. BETT 2013
    By Dos_Box in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 18th January 2012, 03:34 PM
  2. BETT 2013
    By DT2 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13th January 2012, 03:41 PM
  3. BETT moves to ExCeL London from 2013
    By russdev in forum BETT 2014
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 22nd June 2011, 10:07 AM
  4. EduGeek hat for BETT
    By ajbritton in forum Comments and Suggestions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10th November 2005, 04:14 PM
  5. i hate sims t-shirt at bett
    By russdev in forum Windows
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 7th November 2005, 06:41 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •