+ Post New Thread
Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, BETT 2013 in General; Originally Posted by GrumbleDook Once you are in you have to come to stand B290 and ask for @ GrumbleDook ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 920 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumbleDook View Post
    Once you are in you have to come to stand B290 and ask for @GrumbleDook ... the payment is decent chocolate (Hotel Chocolat and anything by Paul A Young that doesn't have coffee in it) ... once you have paid you will be left alone to go on your way! ;-)

On a serious note ... no, the event is free to attendees. Looking forward to seeing you.
    I beg you to feed @GrumbleDook as I don't want his tummy grumblydooking all night in the hotel room as he is hungry for his Chocolate fix....

As for looking at I have a list of things to look at, a list of stands that wish to abduct me, suppliers and account managers to say Hi to and of course looking forward to meeting hundreds of members again who will be Hi John we chatted last year about X and my brain will have in some cases forgotten as we met hundreds of members last year so please don't feel bad if I or one of the other Edu-BETT team look a bit blank as we did literally have hundreds of people last year visit (and I'm getting old and my brain is fading....)
    Last edited by john; 24th January 2013 at 10:07 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TomCollins View Post
    Bett travel information

They offer 3,700 but you'll have to pay
    I'm STILL undecided about driving or publically transporting myself. Anyone know the deal with parking? Is it mostly taken up by exhibitors or do they have their own separate parking lot?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,783 Times in 1,106 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Most exhibitors will stay over and so either park at their hotel or have used arranged transport to get there. The spaces tend to be used by visitors to shows (or at least that is how it was explained to the Visitors Advisory Group when ExCeL was looked at as an alternative venue).

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,184 Times in 1,617 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthling View Post
    I'm STILL undecided about driving or publically transporting myself. Anyone know the deal with parking? Is it mostly taken up by exhibitors or do they have their own separate parking lot?
    I'm pretty sure that one car park fits all (except lorries and coaches that have their own area)

Many of the exhibitors will be staying in hotels and will probably leave their cars there rather than try riving to ExCeL each day. However, on Saturday I imagine the car park will be more busy due to the DLR partial closure and the exhibitors wanting to go home straight after BETT closes.

Personally, I would not drive there on any day at all!

Thank Post
    I will be there on Thursday. Half day from school. Excel is very close to me than Earls court. Need some Edugeek Stuffs.

Thank Post
    Me and a couple of others are traveling up from the South West on the Scomis bus Friday. First time I've been to BETT, so much too see!

Thank Post
    I've got the BETT App on my iPhone and am just marking up things to do, places to go and what I want to see. This year's App is much better than previous versions... I'm just hoping the mobile signal can cope at ExCeL... it definitely couldn't last year at Olympia!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Is it worth going to Bett on saturdays? I am struggling to get down in the week this year so thought about saturday. The only thing putting me off is that i seem to remember someone telling me that people dismantle early on Saturday. Is this true or is it still worth visiting?

Of course, worst case you can hang out with the EG gang. Just bear in mind, it's often full of kids, so it's just like being in the corridors at school.
    Often the head honchos might not hang around, so if you want to strike a deal or meet someone in particular, best to contact the company up front.

Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    I've got the BETT App on my iPhone and am just marking up things to do, places to go and what I want to see. This year's App is much better than previous versions... I'm just hoping the mobile signal can cope at ExCeL... it definitely couldn't last year at Olympia!
    It's good, but a bit cumbersome, i found, though i haven't checked the last update, maybe they altered it. I made a massive list on the website interactive planner, and was going to edit it, and found it's disappeared. So now hacking the PDF to add in some extra stands and seminars

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,378 Times in 1,674 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    As for looking at I have a list of things to look at, a list of stands that wish to abduct me, suppliers and account managers to say Hi to and of course looking forward to meeting hundreds of members again who will be Hi John we chatted last year about X and my brain will have in some cases forgotten as we met hundreds of members last year so please don't feel bad if I or one of the other Edu-BETT team look a bit blank as we did literally have hundreds of people last year visit (and I'm getting old and my brain is fading....)
    We hardly spoke last year but I don't think you have forgotten me, have you?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    We hardly spoke last year but I don't think you have forgotten me, have you?
    That's cos @bossman monopolized you.

11. Thanks to vikpaw from:

john (26th January 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,062 Times in 753 Posts
    Someone mention my name?

Love a game of monopoly doesn't everyone?
    @vikpaw really looking forward to seeing all my good EduGeek friends once again

I will be very much at your mercy this year as I am completely alone as @webman has moved to pasture's new

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    That's cos @bossman monopolized you.
    Well, maybe a bit - us oldies have to stick together!
    But I am coming to BETT for two days this time and I will be there some hours before @bossman so I will be paying everyone a bit more attention...

Thank Post
    I'm definitely there Friday, Saturday and probably Thursday too. I haven't made my mind up about Wednesday yet.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,698 Times in 2,288 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Monopoly, can I be the car

Thank Post
    Stupid stupid question. I cant find the bit on the BETT website where you can annotate the plan with the stands you want to visit.
    I was looking at yesterday and now I cant find it and nor can mrwITch
    Am I going completely mad??

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread