+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, LIDL Wet and Dry Vac in General; Hi All, Looking for an opinion if possible? Being as I have just purchased my first 'new' car as such ...
    Thank Post

LIDL Wet and Dry Vac

Hi All,

Looking for an opinion if possible?

Being as I have just purchased my first 'new' car as such [actually a month today] ... I want to keep it really clean. Lidls have a pretty decent looking wet and dry vac in on Thursday. Just wondered if anyone had ever purchased one before and could give me a bit of a review on it? When it comes to keeping my car clean I am very picky and almost a bit OCD ... I hate it when all the little bits get stuck in the carpet and wont come out . Does anyone know if the suction on them is any good?

This is the vac in question. LIDL Great Britain - lidl.co.uk

In the description it says that the suction power is 160 mbar. When comparing to something like a Dyson or a Vax the suction power is quoted as Air Watts .. as far as I know there isn't a way to convert and compare these values?

Also if anyone knows of a good vac for this kind of situation, possibly the same kind of design that they could recommend in the same kind of price range?

This is my pride and joy in question LIDL Wet and Dry Vac-zetecs.jpg

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,421 Posts
    Apparently you can do a direct convrsion: what is "air watts"? - OnlineConversion Forums

Ben

Thank Post
    fiesta zetec s mk6.5 late 05 to 08 (guess 06-07) lol had a derv version of that not so long ago (cant tell from that pic if its derv or petrol but can tell you you havnt got the tech pack lol

have a look at UKFN | ukfiestanetwork.com good place for fiesta info

as to Hovers tbh anything with a small pipe thats mains powered works ok just forget any of the 12v fag lighter ones. I use a dysan and it does ok just depends how ocd you are about it (as they aer still building round me ive given up lol just a quick hose down to get rid of worst of the mud)

Thank Post
    Thanks for the link @plexer ... I need to have a read through that though when my mind is more in gear, atm its all one clash of words lol.
    @sted - It's an 06 Petrol. No it hasn't got the tech pack .. bit of a shame but not essential tbh ... apparently the auto sensing wipers aren't brilliant ... would have liked folding mirrors though .... yeah UKFN is pretty good cheers for the link though.

Hrm yeah .. well I've been using the household one, but want one to keep for the car specifically but want to make sure its a good one being as I am quite OCD about it. Oh and well washing it, I spend about two hours each .. One Sunday I did give it a full valet ... including wash, clay, polish and wax which took quite a while. I try and wash it every weekend and make sure that I wax it after I've washed it to help protect what I have done.

Thank Post
    I think that is just a vacuum cleaner that can pick up liquid spills rather than a cleaner specifically designed for shampooing carpets (im not seeing any form of spray trigger)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,421 Posts
    Indeed that's exactly what it is thinkin of getting one for the man cave workshop.

Ben

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tomgrindle View Post
    Thanks for the link @plexer ... I need to have a read through that though when my mind is more in gear, atm its all one clash of words lol.
    @sted - It's an 06 Petrol. No it hasn't got the tech pack .. bit of a shame but not essential tbh ... apparently the auto sensing wipers aren't brilliant ... would have liked folding mirrors though .... yeah UKFN is pretty good cheers for the link though.

Hrm yeah .. well I've been using the household one, but want one to keep for the car specifically but want to make sure its a good one being as I am quite OCD about it. Oh and well washing it, I spend about two hours each .. One Sunday I did give it a full valet ... including wash, clay, polish and wax which took quite a while. I try and wash it every weekend and make sure that I wax it after I've washed it to help protect what I have done.
    Auto wipers are actually quite good auto lights less so and kill bulbs. Folding mirrors are handy you can tell its locked just by looking at the mirrors

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tomgrindle View Post
    Hi All,

When it comes to keeping my car clean I am very picky and almost a bit OCD ... I hate it when all the little bits get stuck in the carpet and wont come out
    You think that's OCD... when you have a list of 20 or so products you have to apply to the car for it to have a "proper" clean you know you've got the bug! Polishing takes me about 3 hours as I have to go over the car 3 times to apply polish, sealant and wax and that's just the paintwork

Then you can get one of these...

Last edited by gshaw; 15th October 2012 at 04:57 PM.

Thank Post
    A cheap 30 hoover from Tesco does a great job at hoovering cars out, more power that Dysons I have found. As for the wet side I use AutoGlym car interior shampoo and found that to be good on the interiors, brings mine up well with a bit of elbow grease.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    Auto wipers are actually quite good auto lights less so and kill bulbs. Folding mirrors are handy you can tell its locked just by looking at the mirrors
    Yeah I had heard that. And that is very true, I can't say that I had thought of that!

Quote Originally Posted by gshaw View Post
    You think that's OCD... when you have a list of 20 or so products you have to apply to the car for it to have a "proper" clean you know you've got the bug! Polishing takes me about 3 hours as I have to go over the car 3 times to apply polish, sealant and wax and that's just the paintwork

Then you can get one of these...

Well ... If I'm honest I have got my AutoGlym bag absolutely stuffed full of products. When I'm giving it a proper polish I can't say I'm that bad ... I usually polish, then use use AG Super Resin and then a wax .. does take a while though! The first time I did it I gave it a clay as well and it came out looking stunning tbf.

How often do you polish yours etc? I try and wax my car at least every week and apply wax after every time I wash it. I've done the whole polish thing twice since I've had it though lol. I think I do it because I just love the beading when it rains haha lol :L

Thank Post
    On the hoover front I'm either thinking about the LIDLs one or looking at an Earlex Combivac ... I have heard very good reviews and have seen a few valet companies using them. Anyone have any first hand experience?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread