+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, RSI Repetitive Strain Injuries in General; Ouch ! i think i am starting to suffer from a bit of RSI, and my wrist is absoloutely killin ...

Thank Post

RSI Repetitive Strain Injuries

Ouch ! i think i am starting to suffer from a bit of RSI, and my wrist is absoloutely killin me wen i use my mouse nowadays, but i'm ok typin away on the keyboard. is any one else suffering from this and what have you done about it. av put an order in for a GEL mouse mat. are these any good?? :x

Thank Post

Re: RSI Repetitive Strain Injuries

I find when I dont go to the gym I tend to get RSI. So proper exercise for my arms seems to help.

Thank Post

I thought that I was getting RSI a few years ago, but when I researched it, most 'experts' said that RSI from keyboards and mice was incredibly rare if not impossible. What you are more likely to have is just a general pain from either reaching too far for your mouse or not sitting at the right height for your table and not a long term RSI problem. Make sure you are comfortable and follow the general guidlines for workplace practices and you should be ok.

Thank Post

Well what I get is a dull ache but quite intense if you know what I mean :P Does hurt a fair bit and Im not just moaning about a little ache either as Im used to aching muscles after years of on and off weight training. Ive probably strained every muscle in my body over the years including my jaw

Thank Post

At home I use a mouse mat that has a raised portion for my wrist to sit on. At work - just ensure that you forearm can rest on the desk whilst moving the mouse.

It works for me - but each individual is different. Try it and see

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

slightly away from topic but have you lot noticed how many of us have overly raised bones at wrist if have hands face if look where join sticks out on top of the wrist this in people that use computers more raised and can be often bruised as you rest those areas on desk when typing.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Have you tried ibuprofen in gel form to apply externally (:P). Plus you may want to consult a doctor to arrange some therapy/ massage treatment.

I've heard some new recommendations for mice and keyboard use that say all your joints sould be at an angle greater than 90'. Not flat on a horisontal desk but tilted away from you and lower down. Sounds damn impractical but...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

lol

ben like it for years now just in noticed in people that use computer more raised etc due to us learning on it

Russ

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by russdev
    slightly away from topic but have you lot noticed how many of us have overly raised bones at wrist if have hands face if look where join sticks out on top of the wrist this in people that use computers more raised and can be often bruised as you rest those areas on desk when typing.
    I get the same sort of thing quite regularly - I seem to bruise the bone quite a lot and it hurts like hell for a couple of weeks.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information