+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Apples earPods in General; ...

Thank Post

Apples earPods

For £25, I'm sure there are better products out there, but I'm curious to know if anyone has gone for a pair of Apple earPods, and what they are actually like?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 820 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I saw a couple of reviews basically saying its better then before but not that great.
    I bought a £15 set of headphones a couple of years ago with hands free and the sound is good (and they are not white)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroHour View Post
    I saw a couple of reviews basically saying its better then before but not that great.
    Seen similar sorts of reviews here too.

For £25 they are steep for what they are. Sure you could get much better for similar sort of price range. But like OP I am interested to see what people actually say about them and not just reviewers.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    For £25, I'm sure there are better products out there, but I'm curious to know if anyone has gone for a pair of Apple earPods, and what they are actually like?
    Received my iPhone 5 (for all those who wish to mock I believe the current term is iLong) last night and I find these much more comfortable than previous apple headphones. They are comforatble, have good sound reproduction (I am not an audiophile, but like my music) with rich bass as well as crisp spoken voice. I will be testing them at the Gym tonight for the all important "do they fall out of my ears" test

Dave

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ergo View Post
    I will be testing them at the Gym tonight for the all important "do they fall out of my ears" test
    Please be sure to post the results of your experiment! Ear 'holdability' is a priority for me!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I received my iPhone 5 yesterday (For those iDevice haters out there: sod the lot of you, I like them ) and I'm trying the earpods now. They're OK, certainly a lot better than the things you used to get with iPods etc. They seem a bit quiet but then I'm not exactly an accurate barometer of loudness these days as my hearing is pretty poor. They're comfortable but they're made of glossy plastic so they do seem a little slippery, I'm not quite sure how Apple's "legendary" attention to detail missed that one. I'm going to keep them and see how they do.

I will say that these are the first pair of Apple earphones that I've owned that I've not chucked straight in the bin but whether that makes them worth £25 is another issue!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Just to add to this, I've been out today with the earpods in, I walked to Barnet town centre and back which is a little over a mile away from my home. Including the time I spend mooching around, I must have been out for about 90 minutes and I had the earpods in the entire time. They stayed in nicely and were very comfortable. Usually after about 20 minutes I'm having to adjust headphones because they get uncomfortable or they move, not with these. They're pretty good!

Thank Post
    Got an iPhone 5 today and tried the EarPods not really expecting a lot, but I was quite surprised. Much better than the last generation of iPod earphones. Bass is slightly exaggerated as it usually is, but for the money (or free with the iPhone 5) I was rather pleased. I've tried a number of different earphones and they've always ended up falling out. Then I gave up and got a pair of High-End AKG's but the EarPods should fair a bit better when I'm out and about.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    Please be sure to post the results of your experiment! Ear 'holdability' is a priority for me!
    The verdict is in. I can run without them falling out I have to admit I was quite suprised as they are glossy plastic, but no problems at all. I also confirm @Norphy's comment about comfort - they are better than almost any earphones I have used before.

I listened to a mix of "beat" music (for running), rock, pop, classical and spoken voice and have not yet found anything they are not good at - although if I was being REALLY picky I would say they are slightly quiet in the mid range (or does that mean slightly too powerfull in the lower ranges?).

All in all a good choice, even with on iPhone 5

Dave

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread