+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, Apple iPhone 5(?) Announcement in General; Based on the rumours and the invites sent out, it's fairly sure bet that the iPhone 5 will be the ...

Thank Post

Apple iPhone 5(?) Announcement

Based on the rumours and the invites sent out, it's fairly sure bet that the iPhone 5 will be the feature of Apples product release later today. I also wonder if an iPad mini will also be announced as there seems to be a lot of speculation about this. Anyone looking forward to seeing this release, and what are you expecting?

iOS6 should be interesting, however I doubt I'll upgrade to it untill it can be jailbroken. I love having XBMC on my iPad too much!!!

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Just had the question thrown in my face, my response was "I couldnt give a rats ...."

No on a serious note would be interesting to know what new features it provides, the 4S didnt offer much over my iPhone4 and I have seen the voice feature get used for the first month and then forgotten. Better screen size? Slightly better spec - thats the norm.

Still I will keep my iPhone4 for as long as possible because I think about upgrading, even though my contract runs out in a few months. A lot of money to spend on something that probably wont give me much more. Unless Apple have provided some really good new stuffs!

Thank Post
    I think the first couple of generations of iPhones, it was all about providing new and exciting software and features on the phones to which no other phone manufacturer could match at the time. Now they seem to be churning out release after release with only minor improvements that all the big plays are doing.

Slightly bigger screen would be nice, however if the rest is stuff like a slightly longer batter lifer, a few more Mega-pixels on the camera etc, then it will be another failed release with not much to offer. I guess the big additions will be in in iOS6 like replacing Google maps with their own variation.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mthomas08 View Post
    Just had the question thrown in my face, my response was "I couldnt give a rats ...."
    Have to say, I am the same

Thank Post
    I must just be a sheep.

Got my credit card ready to order me a shiny new iPhone tonight.

Personally hoping for a bigger screen, 4G hopefully compatible with the new EE launched yesterday, bigger battery.

Looks like im in the market for a dock to take with me when i go away on trips so the airplay direct thats been leaked sounds interesting

Thank Post
    I bought iPhone 4 on release day and it currently needs charging twice a day as the battery is near dead. So I am ready to buy a new phone ASAP but as someone who uses windows 8, will buy a surface and has a windows phone for work it may make much more sense to buy a windows phone 8. Unless of course apple come out with something more impressive than a larger screen, bigger processor and updated iPod interface.

Will wait and see tonight if I buy a new iPhone or wait for the Windows 8 Vs iPhone 5 reviews to kick off in November.

This is worth a read too http://micgadget.com/29723/the-under...xconn-factory/
    Last edited by HMCTech; 12th September 2012 at 10:55 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,827 Times in 1,134 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Decided a few months ago that I wasn't that interested in the iPhone 5 so picked up a 4S instead (basically free as part of renewing my contract anyway) and more than happy with it. Been running iOS6 on it with few bugs (nothing new compared to what others are finding) and like the more recent changes ... but if I was picking up a phone from new that wasn't tied into any particular system I would probably go for a new Windows phone ... but the benefits of iOS and apps working with my other applications keeps me with Apple. If I moved my main OS back to Windows then that might change ... but not seen a reason to yet.

Thank Post
    BBC News - Viewpoint: Apple's iPhone launches no longer excite - that made an interesting read earlier I thought, I am not really for or against apple (In that I see as many plus as negatives to me overall personally), despite owning a 4S myself.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I'm guessing that the Apple fans are so overwhelmed with the improvements to the iPhone, that they've been unable to come on here and crow about how good the 5 is?

From what I can see, there is minimal actual improvements, other than a widescreen display (catching up on the bigger screen thing), 4G (which will be useful in those 16 cities, but useless elsewhere for the moment!), 2x processing speed, (But NO quad-core????).

Working in the office with 2 Apple fans is very hard work today......

Thank Post
    I didnt expect anything else really, still I am sure some people will still queue up 12 hours before stores open to get their latest iPhone

iPhones are just like what PCs used to be, new release every 18 months with only slight improvements. I still have my iPhone4 and I will stick with it. There wasnt a real reason to get 4S and no real reason to get 5 until our country is all 4G but then again I am happy with my 3G.

Thank Post
    I just had a look at the specs and tbh it seems to me to be another fairly insignificant release, if for me you have a 4S at least, its only difference seems to be slightly different data abilities(which dont affect us in UK at present), a diff processor, a .5 inch screen increase and a change to the connector.

I am going back to android in 14 months myself here and I know from speaking with a mate of mine last night, hes renewing to an SIII as well.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,975 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This launch was met with a yawn rather than a cheer I think. No idea why people are still obsessed with iPhones.

Android phones are in my experience, much better. Even Microsoft phones are better now.

14. Thanks to localzuk from:

Rawns (13th September 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,089 Times in 837 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The only positive thing about this is that Samsung will get their 1bn back easily. HTC will also join in the patent rapage, and it's well deserved.

The device itself? Meh. It'll annoy the hell out of people with existing hifis/docks/car systems etc that have a hard connector for the old devices. It'll make people like Logic3 cream themselves with enjoyment over the peripherals/adapters they'll shift.

I don't like the whole shebang. £529 for the basic device if bought outright. £40 on a contract. Sorry but if you pay that money a month then perhaps you'd be better off looking at other loans instead of the one you get with your contract.

Thank Post
    Apart from a few features I cant see any difference from other iphones.

Im sticking with my Nexus S, does everything i want and more.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast