Not on my tomtom...googlemaps, RAC map, bing map and tomtom all have uckfield in the same place at my house `
New Apple maps app under fire from users « BBC
Among the user complaints regarding Apple's maps sent to the BBC were:
- Some towns appear to be missing, such as Stratford-upon-Avon and Solihull.
- Others, like Uckfield in East Sussex, are in the wrong location.
- Satellite images of various locations, particularly in Scotland, are obscured by cloud.
- A search for Manchester United Football Club directs users to Sale United Football Club, a community team for ages five and above.
- Users also reported missing local places, such as schools, or strange locations. Another screenshot showed a furniture museum that was apparently located in a river.
You literally can't find a single square mile that isn't botched.
Villages in oceans, restuarants in rivers, bridges that cease to exist, cities that are just fields, misspellings "Duncaster" is a cracker for England and lots of just outright missing towns altogether. Globally. It's cock, and Apple users have to put up with it until Google can get theirs reapproved for it.
Google said it isn't worth the hassle...according the rumours I've heard online
Apple's maps are hilariously bad.
elsiegee40 (21st September 2012)
To be frank though I really dont know why Apple made their own when Google has spent years making theirs pretty good, I have had far less problems using google maps in the last 18 months. And their live traffic feed helped me avoid problems on the way back from Wales.
So many impressions are free then after that the company starts to incurr a charge. If you imaging how many iphone and ipads out there all have google maps your probably talking mega money!
On a lighter note my iPhone 5 just arrived! Wahey!
Chances are in 3 years time Apple will sue Google for copying there idea of making a map application :S
I was in the whole "i have had 2 iphones, i would loose my apps if i switched" situation a couple of years ago, made the switch to android and don't regret it one bit.
Its beyond poor! One I like that i've tried after reading it is asking for directions to Manchester United Football Club, and it wanted to take me to Sale United football club for kids aged 7-16.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)