+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Apple iPhone 5(?) Announcement in General; I have an HTC Desire HD and I love it. I did have an iPhone 3 before but after constant ...

Thank Post
    I have an HTC Desire HD and I love it. I did have an iPhone 3 before but after constant S/W updates, it ground to a halt. I was hoping that something in the new iPhone would entice me back but it's just an slightly upgraded reboot of previous devices. Very unlikely to turn away from Android phones now after seeing Apples latest attempt, they just seem to be playing keep-up now with other big name brands but the features in this latest iPhone have been available in Android/Microsoft phones for a good length of time now.

I was lucky enough to get an iPad from the missus for my 30th and loved it. However after some research, I decided to jailbreak it and it became so much better as it unlocked so many more possibilities (XMBC, Network Browser, not to mention loads of ways to customise it)! I won't be upgrading to iOS6 until it's been reliably jailbroken.

It's not just Applies devices, it's their restrictive software too...

2. Thanks to Rawns from:

ihaveaproblem (14th September 2012)

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rich_tech View Post
    I just had a look at the specs and tbh it seems to me to be another fairly insignificant release, if for me you have a 4S at least, its only difference seems to be slightly different data abilities(which dont affect us in UK at present), a diff processor, a .5 inch screen increase and a change to the connector.

I am going back to android in 14 months myself here and I know from speaking with a mate of mine last night, hes renewing to an SIII as well.
    No. I'll convince you otherwise. You wait.

Gareth

Thank Post
    Apple iPhone 5(?) Announcement-iphone5.jpg

Had this sent to me earlier!

Thank Post
    I was very underwhelmed with it to be honest. I have a 4s and wifey has a all but dead nexus one.

Plan was to buy the 5 for me and give her the 4s but after looking at the 30 price increase on the phone then the cost of the lightening adapter 20 I decided to just buy another 4s

Managed to pick up a 32gb 4s with 13 months warranty for 350 do saving myself 200.

Both our contracts expire this month to so were going on a 7 per month 30 day contract with virgin

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 2,187 Posts
    Blog Entries

8. 2 Thanks to SYNACK:

hardtailstar (17th September 2012), Jamo (15th September 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garethedmondson View Post
    No. I'll convince you otherwise. You wait.

Gareth
    It is a seriously insignificant release! Its longer.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
    It is a seriously insignificant release! Its longer.
    But it's skinnier like the S3 and the One X
    It has a hd proportioned screen, like most android phones
    it has LTE, like Windows Phone and Android Phones
    it has an upspeced camera, like all the other phones
    it has a slightly bigger screen, almost coming close to the smaller android and WP7 phones

Most importantly its got a number one bigger than the last one which is all the Apple faithful need to pledge a percentage of their income to the church of Apple

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I'm staying out of the argument nearly entirely, everyone knows what I think of Apple already.
    Just some advice for those maybe embarking on a contract either on an iPhone5 or Galaxy S3 or similar. Work out what you will actually use/need, tariff wise. Very often you will get a better deal on your phone by getting a 5 a month sim only deal and getting a loan to cover the cost of the device. There's some cracking deals out there when you look hard enough - to give you an idea, you can walk out of Tesco with an android and the same data/text/call plan as an iPhone 5/Galaxy S for just over a tenner a month. You'd be paying 30 odd a month just for the perceived privilege of the device.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,693 Times in 1,266 Posts
    Blog Entries
    so...

a screen a whopping 4inches...still smaller than 90% of the "new" phone market currently available...have they not learned that 4inch and above is about the minimum now
    a 720p...1.2MP front facing camera...great for face time I suppose, but still insignificant compared to the 1.9MP front facing camera on the S3.
    a new charging dock which STILL isn't European Compliant, and makes all previous devices for iphone charging/listening etc obsolete...they've outdone themselves.
    still no option for expanded memory unless you stump up the cash to pay for additional space on iCloud...which at 1 per GB per month, is alot of cash when a 64GB MicroSD card can cost less than 40

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Makes you wonder how much richer Apple would be if they got off their high horse and started making "lesser" phones for people who don't have the need to show off the size of their e-penis or e-boobs. I need a phone. That texts, browses the internet, grabs my email and oh, makes phone calls. Camera is nice too.
    So explain why someone who just needs the basics should be spending 500 on a pseudo-premium phone that does exactly the same for them, as a 100 phone. The UI? My Nan can do all the above on a non-smartphone. She's no genius.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post
    So explain why someone who just needs the basics should be spending 500 on a pseudo-premium phone that does exactly the same for them, as a 100 phone. The UI? My Nan can do all the above on a non-smartphone. She's no genius.
    (Not particulary related to iphone 5, but most devices)

The same reason you buy a bigger car, house, pc etc Whether it's down to wanting more space/speed, having too much money, or "needing" it because all your friends do. etcetc

There is no reason to get a 2litre car, over a 1.4, both work, both do the same job etc etc.

End of day with all new luxury items that come out, some people will want them, some don't.

Steve

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve21 View Post
    There is no reason to get a 2litre car, over a 1.4, both work, both do the same job etc etc.
    Hmm, that example may have some holes, your average 1.4l would shake itself to bits on some of the roads here.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    Hmm, that example may have some holes, your average 1.4l would shake itself to bits on some of the roads here.
    No-one said it'll last as long!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,391 Times in 1,771 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
    It's longer.

18. Thanks to Arthur from:

Jamo (15th September 2012)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast