+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Does anyone fly Quadcopters/Tricopters in General; ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1a View Post
    3D printing is amazing, I wish I had one or had access to one but when I looked into them it was going to be about £600 just to get to the first print, is the process cheaper now or still around the same price all in?.
    I built a basic Prusa for about £400, but I made some things like hot ends myself. They are amazing prototyping machines but quite fiddly! I found it all a steep learning curve even though I'd previously built a CNC router. I make more use of my current router than the printer.
    His design is great and I love the use of my fravorite resource ZIP TIES
    Another vote for cable ties. My favourite tool of bodge!

Thank Post
    Thats not too bad, its getting cheaper

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pcstru View Post
    Another vote for cable ties. My favourite tool of bodge!
    That and Duct tape!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,650 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Reprap Prusa Mendel 3D Printer Kits In Stock Only £499 Delivered | How Tos | Build Manual & Instructicons this is the one we are planning on building well 2 of actually.

The in conjunction with our laser cutter I'm hoping to build one of these Tantillus - The Portable Open Source 3D Printer

Ben

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by plexer View Post
    WOW I want one of these, £499 all in is amazing, the little coke can one looks great aswell. one day........

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,650 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Rasberry pi + $20 5 Megapixel camera board sounds a good combo.

Camera board – first demo of the final hardware! | Raspberry Pi

Ben

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Oh my god, what a load of tosh........you could spy into your next door neighbours bedroom.....I could do that with a £50 ladder with full eye resolution, you dont need a 720p £250 AR Drone to do it, why not legislate ladders as they are more of a threat to privacy than a drone. You dont need a drone to do those things now so why say you need to clamp down on drones before they start doing that. Im not saying someone has not done it already but the Tech has been out for a Long time now (as have ladders). The CAA already have rules and guide lines for the hobby so let them deal with it. Again its the media making a sensation out of scaring people and the sad thing is general population will believe the worst can happen as a result.
    I would take this seriously if they made valid comments about safety as to me it is quite dangerous.....but no....next report will be how terrorists are planning air attacks on goverment building using drones. The two guys with their business said the only real useful facts about 500meters distance (LOS) and 50meters from buildings and not near cars etc...

Ok rant over, I would like to see the point from the other side but I am too biased lol

Thank Post
    I would take this seriously if they made valid comments about safety as to me it is quite dangerous.....but no....next report will be how terrorists are planning air attacks on goverment building using drones. The two guys with their business said the only real useful facts about 500meters distance (LOS) and 50meters from buildings and not near cars etc...

Ok rant over, I would like to see the point from the other side but I am too biased lol
    It's a valid point (and they are a bit more flexible and discrete than a ladder). With more and more drones around and more people operating them, there will be privacy issues and it's worth at least having the debate (and that's all that is happening). IMO, most of the privacy issues are probably already covered by existing legislation (CCTV and rules relating to Photography) but there are safety issues as well.

As for the 500 meters, that might be true at the moment but that's because many people are copying and relatively few are innovating. If I control my drone via a mobile phone (or give it a GPS, barometric sensors etc and autonomous programming), then I'm not going to be restricted to 500 meters (I will probably run into power/battery and other issues but so what). I think the right people should be thinking about the 'misuse' of these things - no need to wait until someone actually uses one to deliver 1 kg of C4 to the door of No10.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pcstru View Post
    deliver 1 kg of C4 to the door of No10.
    Hmmm...

Thank Post
    Oh my god, what a load of tosh........you could spy into your next door neighbours bedroom.....I could do that with a £50 ladder with full eye resolution, you dont need a 720p £250 AR Drone to do it, why not legislate ladders as they are more of a threat to privacy than a drone.
    I saw the story and was pretty disgusted. Remote control aircraft have been around for years. I even had a kite with a small "disc" camera attached for taking aerial photos back in the 80's.

But, its the BBC, and BBC Breakfast, where ignorance is king.

Thank Post
    Parts list added to new thread....
    FPV Quadcopter basic parts list (JABcopter)

13. 4 Thanks to JAB1a:

arh_3000 (11th December 2012), FragglePete (11th December 2012), Gibbo (11th December 2012), pcstru (11th December 2012)

Thank Post
    Nice one. Thanks.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Appreciated - I'm seriously looking into this now as a new hobby. I'm guess I'm entering the 'research' phase at present but this is really helpful in deciding what to get. I may just 'rip it off' - and go from there.

Many thanks

Pete

Thank Post
    Thats great to hear @FragglePete I had to send hours hovering over the buy button because there was not just a simple list of parts that I know I needed. Plenty of simple plans but they assume you already know things like the right Kv motor for the props/frame you are using etc and alot are joined to main sellers websites so you are sent to an expensive version of the parts I have listed.

I have finaly convinced my friend to make one so we spent the other night buying the parts to make a Hexacopter, its the same list as I made but we brought 6xmotors and 6xEsc and a different frame, its that easy with this setup.

Please let me know how you get on or need any more info......Good Luck

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast