+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, [ISP] Thinking of switching from BE to Virgin Media in General; I'll give the SuperHub a chance, but if the horror stories prove true, I've decided that I will go for ...
    Thank Post
    I'll give the SuperHub a chance, but if the horror stories prove true, I've decided that I will go for the Asus RT-N16. Most of the recommendations I received from friends and advice on other forums were for the Asus RT-N56U, but that was way out of my price range and the N16 fits the bill giving me all I need (including Gigabit & DD-WRT support!) with the future proofing should I decide to upgrade to 100Mb in the future.

Thank Post
    Just had my XL 60Mb Broadband installed. SpeedTest.net Results show the following for my wired connection:

Wireless (2.4GHz) results on my MacBook Pro 10.8.1 show around 46Mbps. Not bad so far, so I'll give the Super Hub some time before I make any decisions about getting the RT-N16. On a side note, worryingly, the installation engineer couldn't get my telephone line working due to connection issues at the green box with the telephone lines. I'm not too fussed as I've still got my BT line until the end of the month, but it has messed up my plans for the day as I have to wait longer for a 2nd line engineer to come out and resolve the problems which are not at my home, just to do the final testing. Think I might be calling up for some discount already if they don't get it fixed in the next few hours! :P

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12