+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, MK 6 Golf VAG-COM in General; Hi, I am wondering if anyone here has the MK 6 VAG-COM cable for a MK 6 Golf please? Where ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,811 Times in 1,559 Posts
    Blog Entries

MK 6 Golf VAG-COM

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone here has the MK 6 VAG-COM cable for a MK 6 Golf please?

Where did you get it from and what mods did you make please?

Thanks

Thank Post
    Hi I got a VAG-COM cable that I use on a MK4 at the moment but I believe they are the same. I got mine from ebay and although I have read many posts that they won't work mine has. Now the mods for a MK6 are going to be different than a MK4 but things I have done is Total Closesure, put a bleep on alarm set, set all doors to open on one press of the fob. There are others but I forget now. The best websites are http://uk-mkivs.net/ and they have a MK6 section and VWVortex - The Volkswagen Enthusiast Website lots of really knowledgeable people on there. I am also messing around with Torque — OBD2 Performance and Diagnostics for your Vehicle and android app really worth a look, it works great on my wifes Mk4 but not on mine at the moment.

If you want to know exactley where I bought the cable on ebay let me know and I will look it up.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,811 Times in 1,559 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Just had a very quick look at eBay but the ones i looked at where not for MK 6. I am looking at upgrading the head unit, and i will need a VAG-COM for the MFD stuff.

Thanks

Thank Post
    well it's either cheap lead + Vag-Com basic.. Or a Ross-Tec one.

Or at least that is how I read it..

I have one of the £8 Blue leads from Ebay for My Galaxy which reads the non engine stuff. Not tried modifying any params although I would like total closure on the remote. I have to use a USB Elm lead and Torque or an Old lead to read the Ford engine ECU.

TT

Thank Post
    Marshall's Industrial - Volkswagen powersystems and components distributor for the UK. IMPCO Gas products Distributor here is genuine cable with a price to go with it , you could have a look around this site China Auto Diagnostic Tool Center -Top Quality, Good Service, Competitive Price for a cheaper one I can't see one but I only quickly looked.

Some people on forums are saying they have had some success with a VAG-COM 409.1 Compatible Interface.

Thank Post
    You need to get either a Hex USB + CAN or micro CAN interface, there are Chinese copies out there for about £20 delivered from China that run the full version of VCDS. I have had some luck with these but they stop working after a while more often than not, so you might consider getting the genuine article if you are going to use it a afew times.

There are a few things like altering the coming home lights functions, coding Navigation units, altering the hazard warning lights coming on under heavey breaking etc. This is all done in the long coding of various modules.

Take a look at UK-MKivs as recomended earlier.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread