+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Run rate orders in General; For us, we use Misco for a lot of our day to day stuff. A big plus point with them ...

Thank Post
    For us, we use Misco for a lot of our day to day stuff.

A big plus point with them for us is the website. When we just want something simple and mundane, it's a great timesaver to be able to browse online, see stock, get a price and fill out an order (internal, not online) without having to e-mail someone and wait for a reply or make a phonecall. It's just easier, you can set out to 'do an order for xxxx' and get the whole task done in one go.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crc-ict View Post
    For us, we use Misco for a lot of our day to day stuff.

A big plus point with them for us is the website. When we just want something simple and mundane, it's a great timesaver to be able to browse online, see stock, get a price and fill out an order (internal, not online) without having to e-mail someone and wait for a reply or make a phonecall. It's just easier, you can set out to 'do an order for xxxx' and get the whole task done in one go.
    Thanks for that @crc-ict. Would you be up for giving me a try? You mentioned the website, which we lack and i know that's the reasons that the Insights and Miscos of this world do so well, but would you be willing to email me with what you need, whether it be part codes, links etc and i'll guarantee to beat Miscos pricing plus give you free shipping?

Hopefully you'll be impressed by response times, service etc.

Thank Post
    We usually use Misco or Business Direct BT, because they have a website. Which comes in handy if i'm not sure of the exact model/part number i can search, compare prices between different makes etc. Only if i cannot find what i want on there do i then start thinking about emailing companies and awaiting responses.

Example this morning, 2 power extension leads had gone missing, from being told to ordering took less than a minute while i was doing other things, not email 5 companies and wait, get distracted, not check mail for 3 hours, only find 2 replies, then re-email as not the bit we wanted but was the part they wanted to sell us. I'm not saying this example is you Luke but you'd be amazed how many times that happens, i'm a 1 man band here and email/phone discussions take longer than a website that doesn't answer back

Thank Post
    Cheers for the feedback guys, i really appriciate it.

What about creating your quote online and then just sending me the basket and i'll beat the prices for you and give you free shipping? We have an online store ourselves but you require a log on to see prices. Have a look and see what you think and if you want a log in, let me know.

Millgate Computer Systems Ltd. - Experts in IT Services

Just thinking of ways to improve!

Thank Post
    The online store looks like a way to go for us. We wouldn't be allowed to place orders online (local procedures mean everything needs 2 signatures and has to go through the finance office) but being able to look up pricing would be ideal. As has already been said, however good someone is on the phone, or however quickly they respond to e-mails, sometimes just looking up quickly on a website is the fastest way to get things done - there are only 1.5 of us now, and seconds count.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crc-ict View Post
    The online store looks like a way to go for us. We wouldn't be allowed to place orders online (local procedures mean everything needs 2 signatures and has to go through the finance office) but being able to look up pricing would be ideal. As has already been said, however good someone is on the phone, or however quickly they respond to e-mails, sometimes just looking up quickly on a website is the fastest way to get things done - there are only 1.5 of us now, and seconds count.
    Cracking! I'll get you an account set up. Maybe i should let more people know about the online store then!

Thank Post
    I just go on insight and misco page, then email Luke @Millgate the code or url and tell him to smash their prices and he does 99 times out of 100

Suits me

Thank Post
    We normally go to ebuyer or Misco, they always have the cheapest prices first time. Have emailed Millgate and a lot of the other smaller suppliers, but they consistently loose out on pricing. Occasionally you can push them to get slightly better pricing, but we dont have the time to negotiate on every single order. The services we get from Misco is excellent (and ok ish from ebuyer) that we've never had a need to go elsewhere.

Steve

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12